SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:49 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,374 Posts
I'll try the stock battery, got loads of Eflite cells laying around because I don't use them!
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:12 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I'll try the stock battery, got loads of Eflite cells laying around because I don't use them!
the new stock batteries that are coming with the Spitfire AS3X are now 25C and should be better than the old stock ones that I think were only 15C
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
the new stock batteries that are coming with the Spitfire AS3X are now 25C and should be better than the old stock ones that I think were only 15C
Are they still $10 apiece? What a waste.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:30 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Are they still $10 apiece? What a waste.
Most likely, but at least they won't be as bad as the previous batch and the "included" ones can be used
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Most likely, but at least they won't be as bad as the previous batch and the "included" ones can be used
Myeh...the OEM 150mah works fine on the XP, but I refuse to pay $10 per batt at the LHS when even the Nanotech is a better pack at almost 10% of the price.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:38 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Myeh...the OEM 150mah works fine on the XP, but I refuse to pay $10 per batt at the LHS when even the Nanotech is a better pack at almost 10% of the price.
yep, I agree. I bought a couple dozen of the nanotechs when they were in stock for under $2 each. I gave away the 15c that came with my planes but I will probably use the 25c that will come with the Spitfire. not buy more, just use the ones they give me
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:31 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
but that's just it with the UM planes. A couple of grams of battery or glue repairs can really change the performance. I noticed it most on the UM 4-Sites I had. They started ok at 36g and were dogs long before they got to 40g
trial and error for me and the use of clue and repairs,.. too much on Champ,now it flies heavy "but was first plane" and i forsee having to replace pretty much whole plane lol.under $20 for wings, $50 for body thats pretty cheap considering ur get a brick with it. with my polecat i will be using clue sparingly,.. like your saying,.. it does add-up.all i have to do is look at my glue bottle,... i should out of "curiosity" get new bottle and wiegh both to see how much is acualy in the plane,that'll give me at least a good idea.
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:11 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
It might be misleading. A lot of that weight is in the form of moisture.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
It might be misleading. A lot of that weight is in the form of moisture.
well, not with CA but if you have the ability to weigh the glue bottle, weigh the plane instead!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:50 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
well, not with CA but if you have the ability to weigh the glue bottle, weigh the plane instead!
lol yea,. makes sence coreman,....
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:55 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
so curently have the nose of my polecat lopted-off even with the front of the brick =( whole front end has been glue too many times and foam was hard as a rock and broke apart tryin to fix again.so my question is,.....does anyone have any "ideas/tricks" on doing this? im starting it regardless but any "imput" would be very appreaciated =D
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:37 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.NEWFIE View Post
so curently have the nose of my polecat lopted-off even with the front of the brick =( whole front end has been glue too many times and foam was hard as a rock and broke apart tryin to fix again.so my question is,.....does anyone have any "ideas/tricks" on doing this? im starting it regardless but any "imput" would be very appreaciated =D
That is one of the problems with using CA for these types of repairs. it makes a brittle joint which then breaks on the virgin foam right next to it and so forth. Soon you have a 1/2" wide glue region. I have used "Hold the Foam" in the past for doing these repairs but that requires an overnight dry which isn't always convenient when at a flying session. I have heard of people using Gorilla Glue (the white dries fastest) After a while you end up just replacing the airframe parts. And at that point you need to look at it as if it's really just more cost effective to buy a second plane and use the brick on some other scratch built plane
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:09 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,374 Posts
That's what I did with my UM Stryker. It glued back well with GG (honey colour), I also taped over the repair to hold it together then left it on.

Eventually I got another Stryker and used the first as spares
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:36 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
Has anyone clocked the speed of a stock PC? I am curious what the actual speed capability is of this thing.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:04 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
the front end repair that i had mentioned worked-out unbelievably well =) you can barely see the "join" definitly quality foam is the ticket "doesnt flake off" as easily.,......got a question thoe guys,while i did that i change the default setting for the elevator,so it would have more "throw" it seems like that when i yank the stick for a sharp loop,the plane wants to the turn/spiral to the right i believe? too much of adjustment,too aggresive?
Last edited by B.C.NEWFIE; Jul 07, 2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: sharp loop or vertical