HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:15 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,219 Posts
Wholesale Trains

http://www.wholesaletrains.com

heheh.... just buy 2 and get free shipping... datz what I'm talkin' about!!

HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2011, 03:58 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
Wholesale Trains

http://www.wholesaletrains.com

heheh.... just buy 2 and get free shipping... datz what I'm talkin' about!!

2 Pole Cat's for the price of an Sbach?
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
2 Pole Cat's for the price of an Sbach?
Fly them both at once!! Formation flying! Just be sure to trim them out first and have a wide enough run way
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:52 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
825 Posts
As for why UM's should be cheaper?

In addition to what's been said:

One of the reasons UM's should cost less is shipping. You can fit more UMX Sbachs in a shipping container from China than you can PZ trojan boxes for example. Then those boxes go from the dock to a distribution center to be sent to distributors. Those distributors can also afford to stock more UM's because they take up less retail space than the larger PZ boxes. Same goes for spare parts too. Less retail space usage means less pressure to move the product right away.

Counteracting this, the tech in the larger scale PZ planes is older, meaning it's had a chance to amortize across a couple generations of planes by now. This brings down the cost of the larger planes (making them cheaper, and UM"s appear expensive by comparison)
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:12 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,219 Posts
Matt or Dave:

can you tell us what the quickest way to getting one of these little guys is, be it ordering from Horizon online ourselves, order from our LHS or from a particular online distributor?

it was mentioned back in the other thread "parkzone next warbird 2011" but of course now that I'm looking for it I can't find it again if my depended on it

-Mark
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:25 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
This plane looks awesome! Is there a release date yet?!

This is definitely going to be my next plane! I was thinking about getting a UMX Beast, but then I saw the price of those 2Cell batteries - yikes! This one looks just as fun to fly and I can use the pile of 1Cell batteries I already have.

How do you think it will compare to the Sukhoi?

Also, don't you all wish Parkzone would start selling "plane only" BNFs? I already have a pile of batteries and chargers, I don't need any more! If I could save $10-15 without those add-ins it would be appreciated.
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
Also, don't you all wish Parkzone would start selling "plane only" BNFs?
You're a little late to the "wish party"... many, many folks (including me) have been lamenting the "useless extras" we all have to absorb because of HH's packaging. Since I'm a UM junkie, I have a grocery bag full of chargers, and I usually relegate the batteries in favor of Hyperions or Thunderpowers.

The consensus/speculation seems to be that if HH sold planes without the batteries or chargers, the price would only drop ~$5.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:33 AM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
...not getting those "useless extras" with each plane shouldn't only be about the price, but also about the extra costs in terms of polution... and that is for something that will never get to be used...
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
It bugs the crap out of me to half a dozen useless chargers that I have no idea how to recycle.
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
at one point Blade was selling a "heli only" box on the mSR.

funny thing is that it's the one model you'd want all the accessories, 'cause it comes with 2 batteries, the 4-port charger and AC adapter! even if you already had that charger - you could get a good price for it on the classifieds here or ebay
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
Matt or Dave:

can you tell us what the quickest way to getting one of these little guys is, be it ordering from Horizon online ourselves, order from our LHS or from a particular online distributor?

it was mentioned back in the other thread "parkzone next warbird 2011" but of course now that I'm looking for it I can't find it again if my depended on it

-Mark
It has been documented a few times that Horizon ships product to participating retailers prior to fulfilling their own online orders. I don't have the specific wording, etc. but many times a new product is released it is
quickest to get it thru your local Hobby shop or perhaps an online retailer.
It also depends on their proximity to Horizon itself. So a local HS in Illinois will usually have product first!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:57 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post
It bugs the crap out of me to half a dozen useless chargers that I have no idea how to recycle.
Give them away in the free section. There are many who would be happy to get them.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,448 Posts
Ok Guys enough talk about the bits we don't want lets get back to this great looking little model

at about 5.30pm last night with the light all but gone the wind died down enough for me to maiden the new PZ UMS Pole Cat and i'd like to say this plane is another typical PZ UM, in that it looks great and flies great straight out of the box

i didn't have time to stuff around so i just took the plane out of the box, turned the Tx on put the battery in and flew it

on take off it seemed a little slow and was stable as, so i increased the throttle and it took off, now i was using my latest built helmet cam and after the maiden flight i noticed i had only caught the take off and landing, the cam needed more adjustment, so i packed up and headed home, adjusted the cam and headed straight back to the field.

i had used the Eflite 150mAh battery for the first maiden, now for the second i used the Hyperion 160mAh Battery and as always i felt the difference straight away, not saying the plane didn't fly well on the Eflite 150mAh as it did, it's just the Hyp's seem to make better power i can see the boys who like the bigger batts and props will really get this baby moving, it's just so slick

the light was so low this 55yr old just couldn't see well enough to do too much but "just fly it!" i hope to have the vid up by later today, will talk about it more then as i need to get back to editing if i expect to get it up today

First Impressions: this is another Great plane in the UM Parkzone Range

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jul 11, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:01 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,219 Posts
that's excellent news Chuck! looking forward to your vid
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Yup, good stuff there Chuck. I know what you mean about those Hyperions. Not trying to dis the E-Flite or Parkzone batteries but there really is no comparison and they are so much cheaper as well. Not sure why anyone would use anything else. I use them exclusively in my Micros because of the huge difference. Just not sure why HH doesn't wake up and smell the coffee and provide customers with better quality batteries and also not charge 3x's what Hyperion charges for a much better battery. Ok, getting off my soap box now. Glad to hear your impressions are positive about this little gem, especially since my brother and I have each pre-ordered one!) and looking forward to the edited video. Still wondering if they are "on the water" and expected to arrive late this month as HH's site states. Any info. on that?

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias