Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Fly Easy
djowtlaw's Avatar
Joined May 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Thank you guys! I wanted to avoid opening her up, but I can't pass up utilizing this valuable intell.
No problem, I actually took a motor from my old busted up p-51 (noticed I busted up quite a few micros here lol) and connected it to the rudder to make sure it was the the rudder only. And sure enough it was. All my other surfaces were just fine.
djowtlaw is offline Find More Posts by djowtlaw
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
So I snipped the servo wires and adjusted the rudder the way Gene suggested it and the buzzing is much quieter now, though not as quiet as it was out of the box. It is also had a number written twice in marker in the front of it. The weather is going to be bad coming up over the next few days, so a test flight is still a ways out.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:55 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
So I snipped the servo wires and adjusted the rudder the way Gene suggested it and the buzzing is much quieter now, though not as quiet as it was out of the box. It is also had a number written twice in marker in the front of it. The weather is going to be bad coming up over the next few days, so a test flight is still a ways out.
The number indicates you have one of the reworked ones. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:13 AM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
The number indicates you have one of the reworked ones. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us
I am hoping they got better after #94 because that is the number I had written in my plane.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I am hoping they got better after #94 because that is the number I had written in my plane.
Mine is 237 and does fine
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:25 AM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Mine is 237 and does fine
Awesome! How long ago did you get yours? It seems odd that I just got mine and it was 94 when you have 237.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:57 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Awesome! How long ago did you get yours? It seems odd that I just got mine and it was 94 when you have 237.
I'm pretty sure it's almost a year. Late summer/early fall I think
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:57 AM
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Huh mine was marked like 120-130 something and it finally went crazy with the trhrotle locking wide open and the rudder slammed full right, all the way into the ground.

But that was after many hours (and a couple of motors) later.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
Motor dismount.

Hey everyone- I just got my pole cat and absulotely love it. I have about 8 flights in here now, however on the last one I took a nosedive and dismounted my motor. Before I open her up to glue it back, I wanted to ask what kind of glue I should use. I have looked through the forums but all I can find is a debate between CA, luke warm hot gun glue, and something else (epoxy maybe?). Anyone have any experience with this with the motor's (I'm assuming) plastic glued to pz foam? Thanks!
jmillski is offline Find More Posts by jmillski
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Huh mine was marked like 120-130 something and it finally went crazy with the trhrotle locking wide open and the rudder slammed full right, all the way into the ground.

But that was after many hours (and a couple of motors) later.
Yeah it makes no sense
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillski View Post
Hey everyone- I just got my pole cat and absulotely love it. I have about 8 flights in here now, however on the last one I took a nosedive and dismounted my motor. Before I open her up to glue it back, I wanted to ask what kind of glue I should use. I have looked through the forums but all I can find is a debate between CA, luke warm hot gun glue, and something else (epoxy maybe?). Anyone have any experience with this with the motor's (I'm assuming) plastic glued to pz foam? Thanks!
I would like to know the answer to this too as I am a virgin in this regard.

GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:45 AM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
So I got to fly my PC tonight and for some reason I had to trim the alerons and elevator slightly. I didn't have to do this before so I am wondering if cutting the rudder servo wires may have reset some things within the brick.

Anyhow, it flew well other than needing to make those minor adjustments and it was fun to really get a chance to open the plane up in the air. The main thing I noticed was how much faster it is than my P-51. Both planes are great in their own ways, but the PC is faster on the stock battery vs my P-51 on the Thunder Power 160's. I may use the TP 160's at some point in the future, but for now, the stock battery power is all that I can handle.

I am enjoying this experience so far and my summer is off to an awesome start!
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:37 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,992 Posts
Maybe your rudder was (or is now?) off centre and the plane was sideslipping along. Disabling the rudder and setting it neutral may have changed the trim.
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:16 AM
Registered User
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
.. for some reason I had to trim the alerons and elevator slightly. I didn't have to do this before so I am wondering if cutting the rudder servo wires may have reset some things within the brick.
"Slight" adjustments shouldn't bother you - could be any of a number of factors, like battery placement, humidity, etc...but I don't think that cutting the wires have any effect at all.

BUT, check to make sure your board, servos, and motor are still in their original location and have not shifted or loosened because of your adventures with the ground. I'd also make sure the nose section isn't crushed, skewed or weakened so as to allow the front end to shift. If the front end is wrinkled, use boiling water to smooth it out, and if weak, use small carbon rods to reinforce it.

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Fly Easy
djowtlaw's Avatar
Joined May 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillski View Post
Hey everyone- I just got my pole cat and absulotely love it. I have about 8 flights in here now, however on the last one I took a nosedive and dismounted my motor. Before I open her up to glue it back, I wanted to ask what kind of glue I should use. I have looked through the forums but all I can find is a debate between CA, luke warm hot gun glue, and something else (epoxy maybe?). Anyone have any experience with this with the motor's (I'm assuming) plastic glued to pz foam? Thanks!
If you have noticed from my previous posts I have put both of my polecats through alot, 1 dead and another currently a Frankenstein.

I dismounted 2 motors (on both polecats) so far from nosedives and foam safe CA does the job more than fine.

Also about my Franken-PoleCat, I had some stuck-in-tree accidents and ended up destroying the nose and motor of my latest polecat beyond repair. So I literally sawed off the nose of the older PoleCat (who died from rudder servo failure) and glued it on with foam safe CA.

Mounting the nose and the motor I used Medium Foam Safe CA. And I have had 10+ flights on it so far; pushing full throttle each time - has been flawless.

pics or it didn't happen you say?




djowtlaw is offline Find More Posts by djowtlaw
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultra micro pole cat CaptDH Micro Ready-to-Fly 13 Jul 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Discussion Park Zone Ultra Micro T-28 Battery Upgrade? itsme2 Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 30, 2011 12:47 PM
Found any Park Zone micro guts kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM
Found Park zone/e-flite ultra micros kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 17, 2011 03:15 PM
Sold B&F J-3 Ultra Micro Cub By: Park Zone Jolly Roger1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jun 16, 2011 05:42 AM