HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:03 AM
Joined Oct 2010
96 Posts
Sorry guys, it's ok n'all but the tail just spoils its looks for me as it looks plain wrong and spoils the lines of the 'plane.

Just my 2c.

Hood
Hood is offline Find More Posts by Hood
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:47 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
583 Posts
Nice one Parkzone!
J.E. Johnson is offline Find More Posts by J.E. Johnson
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:55 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Hello all

Very nice...a long awaited classic! And a welcome prey for my 109s
The tail...well that can be fixed easily I think, I want the extended rudder anyway and a different paint scheme. Something with invasion strips maybe...
Do we have an ETA already? Will place an order today!
Dave, Matt, any one of you going to the Horizon Air Meet this year? Would be very nice to be able to meet you there...beers are on me!

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:56 AM
Joined Mar 2011
538 Posts
Looks great... I like the little details and all... Parkzone's really refining the z-foam technology.... But I've never been a big spitfire fan... I'll be waiting for a P-40... I'm sure its just around the bend!
Barrett_G is offline Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:07 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Finally, a PZ bird I will probably buy after the Bf109F.
Looks really nice and most certainly is a decent flyer as every PZ-bird!

I hope this one doesn't come with that darn plastic motor...

The tail&rudder look a little odd indeed, doesn't look like a Spitfire tail, but maybe it is right like this? I am not into Spitfires that much, does anyone have a clue? Or is it just a contribution to flight characteristics?

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:16 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I'm sure it's the same motor as the P-47. I have had good luck with mine. But I have seen two seize up and eject from the airframe. TW
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:36 AM
No substitute for span
Sweden, Dalarna County, Leksand
Joined Mar 2008
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post

The tail&rudder look a little odd indeed, doesn't look like a Spitfire tail, but maybe it is right like this? I am not into Spitfires that much, does anyone have a clue? Or is it just a contribution to flight characteristics?

Cheers,
Bernhard
The shape of the fin and rudder is rather accurate, although enlarged if my eyes are not fooling me. But trust me, in a Spit this size youŽll NEED the extra stability.

Great work PZ! I wrote earlier that you had the chance to make this first real (smaller) scale Spitfire not counting the CZ-brands, and you made a good effort what I can see. I am already planning how to detail it further.

But there is one thing that is not so easy to correct, forgive me this small complaint, but where is the "gull wing"? I really thought that PZ would do it right, but I guess it was lost in the design process to simplify the production.

Anyhow, cant wait to get mine!

Johan
L over D is offline Find More Posts by L over D
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:58 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Hi...

The set up in my P-47 holds up fine...even on 4S! I did swap the ESC though...
With the Spit being flown on 3S I do not see any issue. Looking forward to the fight video...

cheers
Uwe

PS: Yes, the tail fin seems a bit large but when you read the original flight reports this was exactly the problem that the original Spits had. From the later Mk VIII and IX on they enlarged the rudder to a more pointed version and even later the whole tail fin was blown up. No big deal for me...
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Last edited by anj4de; Jun 30, 2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:59 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,661 Posts
Very nice I'll be up for that.
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:19 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
The tail is slightly wrong, just a touch over sized and not as sweeping as the full size. Even so she is a pretty stunning plane!

Nice to see they have included a 30amp ESC again, not the tiny 18A will finally have a plane to patrol the skys of south east England!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:14 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
A very nice plane HH. I think this was a very nice choice. She just looks marvelous, the tail is a littlebit of a shame but it definetely not a big issue as it still looks absolutely stunning.
If the Me109 Retracts ready wing comes soon those two planes will become a great couple.

I won't be able to buy one though since i have just bought a Radian Pro. But unless something else even cooler the the spit comes out, i hope i will be able to buy one next spring!
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:55 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
What? A Bf109 retracts ready wing is coming out?
Is that a wish or has it been announced already?
It's just what I have been anxiously waiting for!

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:56 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
The tail is slightly wrong, just a touch over sized and not as sweeping as the full size.
Who cares ! you wont notice it in the air, if its a problem for you buy an airfix model and put it on the mantle piece
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:47 AM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,277 Posts
Thank you PZ. What a great plane and in JEJ's colours even down to the small Canadian flag under the cockpit. Great choice.

Thanks!!

Now I am in real trouble...The micro Mossie, Hurricane, SE5, and now Spitfire. I was planning on not buying much this year. There goes that idea
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:08 AM
netherlands
Joined Mar 2010
1,372 Posts
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA

o did i do that allready ???

wand wand wand it now i wanne pre-order it direct from china and put it on airmail instead of a slow container boat

come on with the video that jhon shoot of this spitfire ......

great job HH that will be parkzone number 4
patrick39 is offline Find More Posts by patrick39