HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:20 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post

still tails are wrong and there is no need for it...
Rudder

Late production series airframes, typically Mk. IXe and Mk. XVI, were often fitted with the larger, pointed Mk. VIII-type rudder.

Source: http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/spit...-varied.html/3
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:22 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
Rudder

Late production series airframes, typically Mk. IXe and Mk. XVI, were often fitted with the larger, pointed Mk. VIII-type rudder.

Source: http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/spit...-varied.html/3
Yes, fine... but this model is not either a "short" MK9 rudder or a "pointy" late MK9 rudder... it's the whim of a designer who didn't know any better!

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:23 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,138 Posts
Oh no! I am supposed to be reducing my hangar, You guys are killing me.
Nice Spitfire, put me down for one.
TBolt is offline Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined Oct 2007
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
Sounds like someone don't like it.
Never mind i'm sure if you don't get one it will be your loss my friend,but remember it is a bit of foam and once it's in the air and flying GOOD who cares apart from the ODD person here and there

There not going to get it 100% scale every time and i'm sure they have there reason for it,i don't think they did that to upset there customers

Right it's just gone 11.50pm over here so i'm off to bed to dream about the new PZ spitfire
I love how you complain about his comments then go on to tell him how he will be missing out. Missing out on what? He clearly states he doesnt like it, and one would assume they will never miss something they didnt want....
Its not like it will be s totally different flying experience compared to say the P-47. Its still foam, servos and an electric motor.
jayxer is online now Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Dec 2010
331 Posts
Yes! The old one's motor was very loud and not powerful. It's about time Parkzone listened to us all!
Rcflyyer1 is offline Find More Posts by Rcflyyer1
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:30 PM
AMA 52726
Joined Jun 2005
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxer View Post
Its not like it will be s totally different flying experience compared to say the P-47. Its still foam, servos and an electric motor.
Jayxer, all my foamies fly differently. They fly, but characteristics are quite different.

Just sayin'.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:30 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,184 Posts
ALL HATERS LEAVE NOW!! You're wasting space for those of us who'd like to talk about how much we like this plane. If ya don't like it, don't buy it.

Now let's get on with the excitement of this well awaited Spitfire.

Thank You!

The only time I gripe about a plane is if Hobby King or Nitro Planes puts out a nice looking plane, and then I read it flys like crap, ya can't get parts, and customer service sucks.

If you've ever dealt with Horizon, you know you won't have ANY problems. Planes fly awesome, parts are available, customer support is 2nd to None! That's why I've been buying & flying Parkzone for the past 7 years.
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:32 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,431 Posts
Guys

I am NOT hypocritical, I am critical. Just go look here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443651

I "BOUGHT" a very bad representation of the spitfire by FMS, because I wanted the challenge to make it into something better.

would I do this with the parkzone? I just might.... but as I said and will continue to say (from experience.... almost 40 years of flying and designing RC models) that it was NOT necessary to change the tails AND it is just as easy to do it right as it is wrong. especially when expensive injection molds are involved!

and no.. sorry I am not leaving.. but I will not continue bashing the model.

Tom
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:35 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Some, just wants to fly warbirds that were part of our history.
Some, wants to collect SCALE RC warbirds as part of their collections.
While, some wants to do both, fly and collect scale warbirds, & not necessarily criticizing.
I myself just is more of the first statement above, and does not really pay attention to "details". But would be nice if they are.
None of my warbirds are anymore scale anyway because of those darn trees & and our runway is too high, LOL.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:36 PM
Australia, NSW, Bathurst
Joined Mar 2009
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Swamp Fox View Post
I'll be on that like a Rat on a Cheeto
I"ll be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake
bigfella65 is offline Find More Posts by bigfella65
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:39 PM
AMA 52726
Joined Jun 2005
1,550 Posts
To Tom's credit, he's done some amazingly nice work with his planes. I like reading his blog posts and find them both entertaining and educational.

I am probably a little less critical of a flying model being perfectly scale, but it's his prerogative to be as critical as he wants. The nice thing about our hobby is that we can all fly what we want. Thank goodness that we aren't all being forced to fly Cessna 150's. That'd be boring*.

*I learned to fly in 152's and 150's and I have a lot of fond memories of time spent drilling holes in the sky in them, but I don't have any desire for an RC version. lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Guys

I am NOT hypocritical, I am critical. Just go look here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443651

I "BOUGHT" a very bad representation of the spitfire by FMS, because I wanted the challenge to make it into something better.

would I do this with the parkzone? I just might.... but as I said and will continue to say (from experience.... almost 40 years of flying and designing RC models) that it was NOT necessary to change the tails AND it is just as easy to do it right as it is wrong. especially when expensive injection molds are involved!

and no.. sorry I am not leaving.. but I will not continue bashing the model.

Tom
i have see some of tom's pictures like your FMS stuka very nice. lots and lots of hour making it just right. he does have a gift.
i don't think he is trying to be mean. he is just counting how many man hours to make it perfect. i my shelf will get it just because it is a parkzone warbird and good enough for me and i don't know any better
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
To Tom's credit, he's done some amazingly nice work with his planes. I like reading his blog posts and find them both entertaining and educational.

I am probably a little less critical of a flying model being perfectly scale, but it's his prerogative to be as critical as he wants. The nice thing about our hobby is that we can all fly what we want. Thank goodness that we aren't all being forced to fly Cessna 150's. That'd be boring*.

*I learned to fly in 152's and 150's and I have a lot of fond memories of time spent drilling holes in the sky in them, but I don't have any desire for an RC version. lol
egad man... my first lesson in a 150 was my last! I got right into a 172! I hated hitting my head on the ceiling and the door with every little bump! sorta like riding in an old VW bug with 4 football players inside!

but thanks... I love the FMS warbirds and the willingness of the company to make them better. What's the mustang up to version 6? never seen HH do that!

Tom
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:46 PM
B-17 freak
NE Italy near Aviano AB
Joined Jan 2004
666 Posts
I am DEFINITELYgonna get one. The vertical tail should not be a difficult issue to address. Since it's oversize it's a simple matter to give it the correct shape & size just cutting & sanding. Oce brought down to size the bare foam sanded parts could simply be touched up with an airbrush using the correct tamiya acrylics. 3 bladed props were used up to and including the Mk.V, Mk.IX Spits used a 4 bladed prop. BTW, this is the first foamie Spit I've seen with anything near the correct pintle angles incorporated into the retracts!
Vic Arcudi is offline Find More Posts by Vic Arcudi
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:47 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
If you've ever dealt with Horizon, you know you won't have ANY problems. Planes fly awesome, parts are available, customer support is 2nd to None! That's why I've been buying & flying Parkzone for the past 7 years.
this is why i am a die hard parkzone flyer
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone