Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:45 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
Quote:
But it seems to me that the nature of the structure on the tail of all the RCF planes will allow some twist.
Yes, for that reason is RCF making some modifications to the fuselage. I'm not sure which option of many are they going to pick up for serial production, but it shouldn't take long.

Jan
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
942 Posts
Quote:
Yes, for that reason is RCF making some modifications to the fuselage. I'm not sure which option of many are they going to pick up for serial production, but it shouldn't take long.

Jan
Jan, for those of us that have uncompleted kits, and even finished aircraft, will you be able to share with us the improvements so we can incorporate them into our aircraft as well?

Thank you.
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
Just a note regarding Jan’s use of CA. Please use normal CA adhesive and not foam friendly/odourless. I have had a few customers that were new to EPP modelling use odourless and found the bond insufficient.
SparkyMarki is offline Find More Posts by SparkyMarki
Last edited by SparkyMarki; Sep 27, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:36 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
942 Posts
Thank you for deleting that post from sparkimarky. It was about to start an uproar..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:01 PM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
Jan, for those of us that have uncompleted kits, and even finished aircraft, will you be able to share with us the improvements so we can incorporate them into our aircraft as well?

Thank you.
Hi!
I will let you know! Tomorrow I'm leaving internet zone and heading to Prague, where Model Hobby fair takes place. RCF will be there with some new product and hopefully they will share some information about updated 1,2m planes.

Will be back on Monday!

Jan
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:16 PM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
Deleted by SparkyMarki @ParkAero.
SparkyMarki is offline Find More Posts by SparkyMarki
Last edited by SparkyMarki; Sep 30, 2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:20 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,098 Posts
How well does the Motrolfly DM-2610-1100 work in this plane? It is 20g heavier than the one Twisted Hobbies recommends.
I intend to add LEDs to this plane and fly it at night and I'm concerned about making it too heavy to fly well.

I added lights to my 3DHS EPP Extra and it had a noticeable impact on my flight times.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:34 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
Hi Four stroke,

I'm sorry, totally forgot to reply. New version of RS 352 (1,2m size) will have wider black horizontal part of fuselage, most likely reinforced elevator (using one carbon strip, same as you have in the fuselage) and the RS will have slightly shorter fuselage in front of the wing - for easier CoG balancing. Few customers had problem with heavy engine in front, so this should solve it. The motor mount will be modified and much stronger. For now this should be enough, if glued properly the fuselage really becomes rigid. I have flown modified prototype and it just works great. But it is possible that sometime in the future RCF will come with some more improvements.

for those who have first version kits at home:
As I have said, we figured out that biggest difference makes the glue, I highly recommend using CA with hardener. Also you can try reinforce the elevator as I did (pic), using carbon strip (about the same as you have in fuselage).

Jan