HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Jul 2006
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerwing View Post
Kinda glad we are comparing notes even though at this point they ain't givin me a warm fuzzy
Same here, my order from the 7th is still being 'packed'
I suppose it is possible they put them up on the USA warehouse when they hadn't actually received them yet. We'll see. Despite the slowness I haven't been burned by HK...yet.
wavo is offline Find More Posts by wavo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:36 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Yeah I really don't think its fraud or anything, just the sort of stuff outfits like Banana Hobby pull... Acting like it is already there, "ready to be shipped tomorrow" in order to drive up sales and then leaving us hanging until their own internal order quotas for shipping are reached. We'll probably be receiving these things in August sometime.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,373 Posts
I hope not. I'm hoping to have it in time for our big E fly-in in two week then the warbird one 2 weeks after that. I have not been really burned by HK in the past but things like this leave me sour.
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:23 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
546 Posts
Well, I want my L4 to be operating by September 9th, so may be it will.

http://www.cubnuts.com/index.html

This is becoming a HK problem thread instead of Flying Fortresses, sorry.

Good luck to all of us.
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I'd also like to see a better way to sort the US warehouse info. Scrolling through the pages and seeing half of it out of stock is irritating.
Your last part reminds me that on another vendor site you can click on a virtual button to show only the items in stock.

That would be a nice feature for HK, problem is though that a category with 10 pages under it would probalbly end up as 1/2 a page if HK only showed in stock items.....i.e. tons of back order on HK all the time.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:15 PM
In NY's beautifull hills
Binghamton Broome Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,126 Posts

Good luck to all of us.[/QUOTE]

Not to worry , there a couple in the giant scale forum that have become unending soap operas , cluckity cluck
staggerwing is offline Find More Posts by staggerwing
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:24 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,373 Posts
I was bored so I thought I'd see what live support would say.

You are now chatting with : Ivy (Customer Service)
Ivy:Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:Can you tell me why my order 2002852382 is still sitting in the warehouse?
Ivy:We will contact the warehouse to follow up with the delay of your order and get it shipped as soon as possible. once we will shipped out the items, we will email you for notification along with the tracking number.
You:I would appreciate knowing either way. It seems a few of us have ordered the same kit form the US warehouse and for all of us it's just sitting and not shipping. We are getting concerned.
Ivy:I understand we will address this issue to our management as well on Monday and they will look into the problem of the delay as well.
Ivy:Would there be anything else that I may help you with?
You:Thank you for looking into this. I will look for an e-mail about the status.
Ivy:Thanks for you understand, have a good day!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:20 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,398 Posts
Wonder if there is a battle of distributors going on behind the scene; i.e.: ETM vs. HK?
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:43 PM
In NY's beautifull hills
Binghamton Broome Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,126 Posts
I noticed some one added the "no USA ship" question to the HK B17 add
staggerwing is offline Find More Posts by staggerwing
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Nov 2009
116 Posts
I placed my order on Thursday afternoon. Worried about the possible secret backorder, I just checked with the Hobbyking Live Online Chat. According to Cheryl, my order will ship tomorrow (Monday). I won't hold my breath, but I will be crossing my fingers.
PMcGibbon is offline Find More Posts by PMcGibbon
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:47 PM
Joined Jul 2006
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcGibbon View Post
I placed my order on Thursday afternoon. Worried about the possible secret backorder, I just checked with the Hobbyking Live Online Chat. According to Cheryl, my order will ship tomorrow (Monday). I won't hold my breath, but I will be crossing my fingers.
Well I hope cheryl isn't a liar.
wavo is offline Find More Posts by wavo
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:04 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,975 Posts
I don't have good luck with people named Cheryl. The Cheryl at my local post office kicked one of my boxes across the floor and out the loading dock because she did not want to pick it up and carry it.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7OR View Post
I think it has been for awhile.

I think these B-17s awaiting "shipment" from the US warehouse are going to be sent from China even if they have to eat the extra cost. I suspect HK jumped the gun and announced US stock without it yet in the warehouse, expecting those in the pipeline to cover the orders. Now they find themselves shorthanded (out?), nothing coming in and are scrambling to cover.

The HK problem you mention is spreading. Look at HK itself and you'll find a huge number of items "out-of-stock". Some stuff has been out for months. And there is so much of it that they quit taking backorders for many (all?) items. Other vendors seem to be having similar stock issues though none that I see to the extent HK is.

I wasn't surprised to see Horizon push the Hurricane back again. Though with several planes now coming due all in the same time frame it will be interesting to see which make it for real.

But the way things are going there is noway I'm going to pay for anything up front and let the expected arrival date of my goods extend past 60 days.
dhunter19 is offline Find More Posts by dhunter19
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:56 AM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,373 Posts
Well now they show as available form the Europe warehouse. Maybe we'll have more people angry about not shipping from there as well

Let's hope we see some shipping notice today. At parcel post it's going to be really close for me to have it ready by next thursday.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:40 AM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
546 Posts
I used the trouble ticket process or whatever they are calling it this week. My response was the usual automated robotic auto-respond server saying that they are sorry about any inconvenience and that my plane is to be shipped "soon". They closed the ticket as being "problem resolved". So basically they did nothing, a computer program did. I'm only out 130 odd bucks if it never ships, and I'm in no real hurry, I just don't care for this kind of customer service. I also notice in the forums on the HK site that the president, Mr. Hand, actually replies to questions occasionally lately. To my dismay, the two that I found him involved in dealt with problems BEFORE the sale. Things such as "I can't put another item in my cart" or "I can't checkout with my credit card". In other words, if the question is "I am having a problem sending you my money" he is all over it. If the question is "you have my money, but my item hasn't been shipped any time in the last several weeks" then you get silence. Well, silence with a comical cricket sound in the background.

This is fun, and I'm learning who to buy my cheap chinee foam airframes from, and who not to. Not angry at all, but somehow not surprised.

Good luck to us all again!
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig