HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:22 PM
Electric Columnist
Fuquay Varina, NC
Joined Dec 2000
780 Posts
Pressure....so much pressure!

Maybe I'll just go work on my Gee Bee or AgWagon for penance.

Greg
Greg Gimlick is offline Find More Posts by Greg Gimlick
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:04 PM
Foam air frame tester
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Nov 2012
325 Posts
hehe
d3c0yz3d is offline Find More Posts by d3c0yz3d
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:11 PM
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Nov 2012
181 Posts
Got it

Ok the bird came in lastnight... Looks awesome!!!! this is my first warbird and only my second RC plane... I know, I know.... I just dove right in... I noticed that it came with hindges... am I suppose to cut the flaps, elevator, rudder, off and then put these hindges on or what do I do? And what brand color paint are you guys using for the silver on this P-47???

Once again............. Thanks in advance....
mkharrell is offline Find More Posts by mkharrell
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:14 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,308 Posts
My struts came in today! Then the water heater when out....sheesh, I can't catch a break...
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:24 PM
Foam air frame tester
Joined Nov 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharrell View Post
Ok the bird came in lastnight... Looks awesome!!!! this is my first warbird and only my second RC plane... I know, I know.... I just dove right in... I noticed that it came with hindges... am I suppose to cut the flaps, elevator, rudder, off and then put these hindges on or what do I do? And what brand color paint are you guys using for the silver on this P-47???

Once again............. Thanks in advance....
It's up to you, you can use the hinges if you want. I had an aileron half torn off in the box and one good one. The tail surfaces also pulled off quite easily so i hinged everything but the good aileron as i was a bit short on hinges at the end of it all. I use Tamiya acrylic.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:49 PM
Electric Columnist
Fuquay Varina, NC
Joined Dec 2000
780 Posts
The hinges are there "just in case", but you need to be sure the originals are secure I'd you stay with them. Mine have a couple dozen flights on them and they are secure, but I check them before each flight.
Greg Gimlick is offline Find More Posts by Greg Gimlick
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:08 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,308 Posts
Just as a head's up....my left elevator half doesn't move as far Up or Down as the right one (which has the pushrod attached) making my loops squirelly so I'm going to add some CF running from the right side over to the left hopefully making them move the same. Also the airstream will try and neutralize the left one as it is not as stiff/strong as the right one.
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:38 AM
Foam air frame tester
Joined Nov 2012
325 Posts
Holey smokes i went and checked mine and you are right that thing is flimsy!This will be an interesting one to solve
Last edited by d3c0yz3d; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,309 Posts
Yes, that is a very common issue in models.
Make sure they ARE rigidly interconnected. Generally needing some form of modding to fix it up.

I almost always run dual elevator servos on aircraft that have separated elevators that can't really have a truly rigid link put in between them (which is most cases really). Almost no link ends up a truly perfectly solid link.
But with dual servos their travels have to be set up to be perfectly equal, if they both run on one channel... so I run them on their own channels too! Thus you get individual range and endpoints for each servo and can tune them to be 100% perfect to each other. Plus mount those servos near the taiplane area, not inside the fuselage up front, so that there is no pushrod flex possible either - just an option to decide on, but I prefer them to be short and thus have solid pushrods..

I guess this is the more 'serious' end of making an aircraft be 100% reliable, precise and optimised. (lots of other mods done on every aircraft too)

This pic is in an Me-262. The blue HXT900 is ruffer, and there are dual 'side by side' orange servos that drive each tailplane side.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:52 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
This pic is in an Me-262. The blue HXT900 is ruffer, and there are dual 'side by side' orange servos that drive each tailplane side.
It doesn't do much for the eye though...
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:33 AM
Uruguay, Flores, Trinidad
Joined Oct 2012
30 Posts
Spare Parts

Hi All, I want to ask again just in case someone missed it a question that a did in a previous post. I want to get a new fuselage for this bird due to a crash I had. Anyone knows someone who has one? I only could find a couple of sites in the UK and Spain but I live in south america and the shipping cost is greater than china´s chipping. Any help would be appreciated
djberna is online now Find More Posts by djberna
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
181 Posts
Help

I have the HK 1600 P-47 have it together,,, but I have two sets of wires from the wings and two sets of wires from the ESC and not only do I not know what they are for,, but I have no more plugs to plug into my 6 ch. RX... I am lost??
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
Foam air frame tester
Joined Nov 2012
325 Posts
Plug the wires from the wings into the ESC plugs and hey presto! The wing tip nav lights will turn on...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Nov 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3c0yz3d View Post
Plug the wires from the wings into the ESC plugs and hey presto! The wing tip nav lights will turn on...

Yep,,,, PRESTO... they came on... thax
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
181 Posts
Retract tow?

Is there any way to adjust the tow on the stock retracks while I'm waiting for the upgraded ones to come in?