HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:41 AM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
854 Posts
Discussion
GWS EPO Zero, still need mods?

I found some old threads that said the GWS Zero needs mods, either reduce angle of attack of the wing or increase angle of attack of stab, in order to fly successfully.

Anyone know if that's still true of the current EPO GWS Zero?

I saw it for around $40 at Heads Up and have all the gear to put it together so I'm thinking about it for a next project. I don't want to build it only to find out it does one loop and noses in on its maiden flight.

-l2t
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
I don't know I would guess the wing saddle is the same so you probably need to increase the the angle of attack by dropping the leading edge of the wing about 1/8th inch. You only need to do this mod if you plan to make it a speedster. It will fly fine in stock trim with a low KV brushless motor.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:58 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
I'm putting one together now. I have a one year old EPS that I fly a lot and am building the EPO as a back up. It's a great "chuck" fly anywhere sort of plane.

I raised the LE hor stab on the first one based solely on the build threads and have been happy the way it flys.
Even putting the two of them side by side I can't figure out the incidence. From what I can see it hasn't change, so I am doing the Hor stab mod on the EPO.
Hope to report back by the weekend...
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky