HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:43 AM
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
test video as below:
The unit of thrust shown on the video is "Gram",
4700KV 4 cells full thrust test.

EPF HOBBY Mercury 64A Test II (0 min 47 sec)
EPF HOBBY is offline Find More Posts by EPF HOBBY
Last edited by EPF HOBBY; Jul 05, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:50 AM
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You are if you claim that the product is patented. If it is patent pending, you are required to provide the patent application number upon request. That is the law.

My guess is that this person has not even tried to apply for the patent. A google search will now show this thread, and kill any chance of such a patent being granted.

Besides, you clearly have prior art with your fan designs.
EPF HOBBY apply patent in 2009. and get the USA Patent by end of last year.
Of course, We knew USA law that patent number gets to shown on the product or box.

We just hope user forcus on the product design and preformance.
and give us some positive direction suggestion. then we can keep improvement. and offer good product for you.

Not forcus on the patent.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:51 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
doesn't look too bad at all. started around 2.8 lbs and settled to 2.7 lbs. looks promising.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:00 AM
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Don't wanna hijack this thread by talking cars.....although would be fun but yeah it's a weekend car which my Dad had since new and then I got it and spent waaaaaaaaay too much money on it redid EVERYTHING on it, motor 3 times, paint twice, gearbox 3 times, diff twice, interior once and the list goes on.... this hobby is SO much cheaper in comparison lol I could get quite a few turbines for the price of my motor alone

well back to our regular viewing, EPF when will these become available? will you be selling them through the same vendors that stock your current products?
Not that's 64mm fans really do it for me as I have alot of 70mm and 90mm but still worth following to see how this thing turns out
Dear Jbc,

To avoid claim by my dealer. We take one month to promo this new product with cheaper price.User can order them on our on-line shop among 7/1~7/31.
All pre-order will be delivery on 8/1.
And the price back to market price.
Dealer will stock them on middle of Aug.

The larger size, 74, 90, 120 are going to be released by end of this year.
2nd model is Mercury 90A.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 08:39 AM
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
Detail review video already has put on our homepage as below:
www.epf.com.tw
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:11 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Aug 2008
4,508 Posts
Funny thing happened this weekend, I was given an old 64mm Lander fan, I installed a 1W30 with a trimmed down e-flight impeller, got 2100 watts at 146amps at 56k rpm. All made with stuff laying around. Nothing is better than old junk in my oppinion! New junk is just that.....
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:29 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,256 Posts
But how much thrust? I have a 1w30.........very powerful, but crazy inefficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Funny thing happened this weekend, I was given an old 64mm Lander fan, I installed a 1W30 with a trimmed down e-flight impeller, got 2100 watts at 146amps at 56k rpm. All made with stuff laying around. Nothing is better than old junk in my oppinion! New junk is just that.....
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:12 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Well I like it over 1.5kg thrust on 4S and hovered around the 1.2-1.3kg mark, looking pretty good to me. I reckon with some good packs you may be able to squeeze out a little more, sounded damn nice for a 64mm plus price ain't too bad IMO

Thanks for upload EPF and well done for trying something new what is the weight of the unit?

I will definitely be keeping an eye out on the 90mm and have plenty of homes I can put a 70mm in when it comes out looking forward to their release
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:42 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Wait a minute, above you say the video is on 4S but on the Youtube description it says 5S 2600mAh...so which one is it, 4S or 5S?
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:54 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPF HOBBY View Post
EPF HOBBY apply patent in 2009. and get the USA Patent by end of last year.
Of course, We knew USA law that patent number gets to shown on the product or box.
No, that is not the only time the patent number "gets to shown". You are a company representative stating a patent has been granted. You are obligated under U.S. law to provide that number upon request. I am requesting that number.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:46 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,256 Posts
Why is everyone being so negative? I have the 'old' units and I think, especially for the price, that they are rather good and well made / designed. I can't wait for my new mercury fans to arrive, as they look even better. I like the looks, the sound, the build, and the design. Just need to like the performance when they arrive.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:00 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I didn't believe I was being negative. I thought it looked rather good at 2.8 lbs of thrust and settling to 2.7 lbs. I think it could be pushed to 3+ with some Nano techs, FP, TP packs. looks promising. I wonder if they'll be able to get the 70mm anywhere close to the thrust being produced by Mach's alloy fans?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:08 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,256 Posts
I didn't mean you Rich, more the general vibe of the thread so far. Yeah, the larger sizes will be interesting for sure
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:11 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,941 Posts
This technology is not knew or innovative, and proof of the "patent" has been basically refused to be given. That is the only negative I see.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Wait a minute, above you say the video is on 4S but on the Youtube description it says 5S 2600mAh...so which one is it, 4S or 5S?
It is 4S 2600mah 35C, so the voltage is down very fast.