SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:02 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,471 Posts
ERC not fear mongering. Wemo and 5mm have been going on strong for years with probably thousands of examples of success.
Still I started noticing that I wasn't the only one who had the experience. And as you know I'm still not sure why it happened twice. Mine failed as I described it to you before vibration was notable. It could be as simple as a bad batch of alloy.

I still bought the next set of wemo's from you and I agree the adaptors are fine. The bend occurred right between the face of the motor and the adaptor though.

From Jays and LuvE comment from other threads the concern is as they add more and more power with their heavier fans, the issues may present themselves as some try to apply more power if their model can actually carry the weight.

I've normally had no issue with my Wemos and still have one working one.
If moving to a larger shaft prevents this, then no harm.
In EPFs case they may get away with a smaller shaft because of the extra bearing. I just don't think they will get the same power to weight ratio as a Wemo though, but that is yet to be seen.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:41 AM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
To get more rigisity of motor shaft.
1, make the diameter of shaft bigger
2. hardening the shaft to get more tough

Of course, EPF does both.
Normally, most of motor shaft in the market were without hardening process to reduce the cost.
(After hardening, the shaft has to grind surface to make sue the shaft is straight.)
EPF HOBBY is offline Find More Posts by EPF HOBBY
Last edited by EPF HOBBY; Aug 23, 2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Welcome model shop, dealer or distributer to join our market team.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:38 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,471 Posts
Devon/EPF; its the 25th. How's the latest ship outs doing?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Devon/EPF; its the 25th. How's the latest ship outs doing?
they will be deliveried to Post Office this afternoon.
you can find the tracking number later.

thanks for your patient.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Mercury 64A on EPO Flyjet.
EPO FLY JET with Mercury 64 full Metal EDF(KV3700) (5 min 2 sec)
Last edited by EPF HOBBY; Sep 19, 2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:16 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
sounds nice. not your typical whiney small fan. I'm impressed.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Did we see even one complete fast pass there?? What a waste of a flight, if you want to show the fans ability then get it up and fly it flat out till LVC, personally I want to see it handle full load constantly, not little 2-3 second bursts. As for sound, no better than a cut down 64mm Wemo, and not all that fast either from the looks of it. I am not trying to be harsh but at the price they quoted me for wholesale I think I will stick to my custom wemo with GRP shroud for now...End of the day its not how pretty it looks on the bench for most of us
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:09 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Not bad for a lil 64mm has more of a whistle than a whine. Shame there weren't any clouds in the background to help get a better sense of speed.
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:22 AM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
New video here.
Total fly over 4.5 min for 4S 2600mah Li-Po.

EPO Fly Jet With Mercury 64 full metal EDF part II (4 min 14 sec)
Last edited by EPF HOBBY; Sep 24, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Test III here,
In honest, Flyjet is not very stable in high speed. Phase3 will be beter than it.
EPO Fly Jet with Mercury 64 full metal EDF Part III (3 min 8 sec)

Full throtte on test III.
Last edited by EPF HOBBY; Oct 02, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
maghull , merseyside
Joined Aug 2010
254 Posts
EPF - I am with SmorrisRC, look too good to hide away. Just one small observation though, any chance of getting to motor manufacturer to supply the wires that little bit longer. That way connectors can be kept out of intake ducting if using standard front layout and giving a bit more clearance if using the side conection. Staggering the lengths of the wires will also help to stop connectors interfering with each other in tight situations. I for one would pay that little bit extra for the benefit of cutting motor wires to fit rather than having to extend them.
Great product even so !
BRIARCROFT is offline Find More Posts by BRIARCROFT
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:03 AM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIARCROFT View Post
EPF - I am with SmorrisRC, look too good to hide away. Just one small observation though, any chance of getting to motor manufacturer to supply the wires that little bit longer. That way connectors can be kept out of intake ducting if using standard front layout and giving a bit more clearance if using the side conection. Staggering the lengths of the wires will also help to stop connectors interfering with each other in tight situations. I for one would pay that little bit extra for the benefit of cutting motor wires to fit rather than having to extend them.
Great product even so !
Thanks BRIARCROFT, It is good suggestion. Due to we try to control quality. All Mercury EDF brushless motor were made in house. I will ask our line to fix this issue.

thanks again.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:49 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPF HOBBY View Post
Thanks BRIARCROFT, It is good suggestion. Due to we try to control quality. All Mercury EDF brushless motor were made in house. I will ask our line to fix this issue.

thanks again.
Dear EPS:

I would like to know when the 70mm Mercury EDF will be available for sale? can you please tell us some characteristics? edf Weight? Power setup (6s ? 5s?), estimated thrust? amp? estimated price is US$?

Thanks in Advance
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:56 PM
Joined Oct 2007
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmilanl View Post
Dear EPS:

I would like to know when the 70mm Mercury EDF will be available for sale? can you please tell us some characteristics? edf Weight? Power setup (6s ? 5s?), estimated thrust? amp? estimated price is US$?

Thanks in Advance
Mercury 74A will be ready on middle of Jan. 2012.Due to some dealer's market pressure. Mercury 90A will be earlier than 74A( next month).

Mercury 74A will released with 2 kv like 64A. one for 4~5S, one for 5~6S.

Detail will be posted while it is ready.