SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
I thought the same looking at the previous generation they used. 24mm for those.

The motors seem to the business end of the new wave of increasing performance.
Wemo has proven that much. Just spin it faster and hold on tight.

If these are Alloy fans also this may help Effluxs push to get the all alloy fans AMA approved. Not an issue just about everywhere else though.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
I believe Extreme RC said he's going to experiment with the fan to see if he can fit something else into it. should be interesting if that's the case. where there's a will, there's a way.
He might run into a problem doing that with the balance. The rotor and motor are balanced together.
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:53 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
He might run into a problem doing that with the balance. The rotor and motor are balanced together.
agreed, but he does all that stuff on site. his stuff comes to your door running smooth as smooth could be. like I said, where there's a will, there's a way.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:43 PM
Foamy Pilot
United States, CA
Joined Jun 2011
457 Posts
I am going to use a Turnigy Plush 80a using a 5S with the 3700KV version. I have seen pictures of the insides of both the LX and FW F-35 models and agree that the LX model does not have ducts/chanels like the FW model. I plan to seal up the bomb doors and use the space to build some ducts out of balsa. It's worth a shot.

Sorry for the hijack . Back on topic.... the Mercury 64 promotion price is great, sound is awesome, and cant wait until they start shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
But to AJ5000s question putting this 64 in a model that needs a good 70 is a step back in my mind.
The numbers EPF posted are all peak voltages so I think it'll settle down to a performance below many 70mm options out there.
e.g. HET 2W20 Typhoon motor: pushing a Wemo 4s2600mah: 14.8 Volts / 46.7 Amps / 690 Watts / 44,500rpm / 1.42kg thrust or
HET 2W20 Typhoon motor: pushing a 6904 4s2200mah / 14.3 Volts / 52 Amps / 740 Watts / 42,000rpm / approx 1.3kg thrust
numbers are from ExtremeRC.

So who's going to be the first to try it on 6S =) Question is will its motor sustain 20V to get closer to their posted 19.5V?

For the LX F-35 that models internal fuse is open so there is no ducting. Just inlets an open interior and the fan in the aft of the body with nothing smooth or shaped inside. I suspect that may effect this fan some but hard to say.

What attracks me at this point is the promotion price.
I too am looking for a 64mm solution for the podium jet but thats if I can't shoe horn 70s in there.
AJ5000 is offline Find More Posts by AJ5000
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Speaking of shipping, any clue when that may start?
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
I think a few pages back some guys said they already ordered theirs
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:29 PM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Sorry, not "ordered," but "shipping." I've already ordered, but was wondering whether there was any info on when they may start shipping out to customers who have ordered. :-)
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:45 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
1st august I think
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:56 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Still waiting on mine to ship. Hopefully any day now, but the EPF website seems to be down so I cannot check. Anyone else who ordered have shipping confirmation??
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:51 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
You can't even get on the website to check the status of my order. PayPal showed as paid but last I checked my EPF account kept showing that payment was pending.
We had an exchange of emails confirming they were sending it out last week but still nothing on the account last I checked.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:51 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Same for me. Status was 'preparing', so I emailed them and they said due to a lot of orders my shipping was delayed til 10th August. I placed my order on 2nd July.
Still waiting for a reply from them for my last email!!!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
No more comments from EPF, eh?
He has been silenced.

I am all for supporting small business, but deceptive business practices will steer me away from any unhonest vendor. As cool as this product may be, I will not be a potential customer because of the way EPF has handled himself in this thread...

Many people here did not care to understand the issues surrounding patent's and would rather focus on the product itself. That is fine; but it undermines your own intelligence. The fact remains, this vendor made a claim numerous times that he cannot support. So we start out on the wrong foot, with the vendor lying to his customers.

Ask anyone who has delt in the patent industry, and these innovators and idea men wear their patents on their sleaves and forehead. The patents are framed posted up around the walls of their office and are boastfully explained to anyone willing to listen. It is something to show-off and be proud of.

I may be wrong here, but I think that is part of what JimDrew was digging into. More simply put, if they have the patent why dont they disclose it as they are legally obligated. The fear of EPF having his EDF copied because he disclosed his patent number is absolutely ridiculous. He has already posted pics, drawings, details, etc.... if someone wants to copy it, they certainly will not require your patent number. This fear is completely unfounded.

just my impression after reading the thread... take it with a grain of salt.

On a related note~ EPF, have you had any other screennames on RCG before? Your attitude, grammer, and character seem very familiar... I hope we dont have another YourHobbyShopWharehouse here.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
I got the impression they were taking a set number of orders first,then they would start ship outs.

My concern was not only was/is their website faulty but even after email confirmation and seeing them manually update that I have ordered them, they still posted the status as unpaid. In all the email exchange with Devon, he acknowledged my paypal note as paid but did nothing on the EPF acnt.
Now I can't even get to the site.
To he said he'd be shipping this week and as they did they would issue ship notices with tracking.
Anyone get any shipped or tracking notices?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:32 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
I got an email from devon today, saying mine were shipped and tracking will follow tomorrow.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
awesome. so it shouldn't be too long till they are in the PAK 50. nice.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7