HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:08 AM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Discussion
4 Cell 34" OutRigger Hydro Build / Photos / Design Details / 720P Video

I don't frequenct this board as much, however here is my latest build. All details are given on the link provided.

For Full Specs and Part List / Build Photos / Design Details / Running Photos / First Run Video
Available at

http://radiocontrolinfo.com/forum/vi...ebdd44bd60#p14

I hope this will encourage others to take the Out Rigger Style Hull Build route. It sure is fun!!

Ryan
ryan_t888 is offline Find More Posts by ryan_t888
Last edited by ryan_t888; Jul 05, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:45 AM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
I suppose there is not as much interest in the hydro style hulls as I thought.

Ryan
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:11 AM
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Nov 2009
543 Posts
Try over on OSE a few rigger builds going on now one is a twin 8s build based on a .45 nitro hull.
For some reason seems to be where the rigger racers hang out on line.
siberianhusky is offline Find More Posts by siberianhusky
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:20 PM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,990 Posts
... or the fact that we are too lazy to follow links... at least I am...
The thrust bearing could have a problem because of the gap you're leaving. I always install these as tight as possible between motor case and collet. The ones I found to last more are a set of 12mmOD 5mmID from the TRex 500.
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:45 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,168 Posts
Hey Ryan, thanks for posting. I for one just cant get juiced up over a rigger, mono's are my first choice, hydros second, but i hope you would frequent here more often. I refer to your boat setup sticky on RCU every now and then. Got any mono"s?
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Jul 05, 2011, 08:59 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
SHusky:
The dual rigger looks decent. However, I was waiting for Randy Naylor to finish his 8s2p rigger as I have a design WIP using that motor. I'd post there, however most of the guys there know a lot about riggers already. I'm trying to reach out to the rest of the crowd, perhaps the less experienced towards riggers. However the more experienced guys are the only ones with comments so far. That's fine and I appreciate it, Thanks!

CornelP:
I had the bearing tight originally but she let go. Tried to loosen it up and to no surprise it blew up as well. Tried another tight again with no change in results. I am now using no bearing on the big Neu and it's working fine. Still waiting for an email from Neumotors before propping up. I've since removed more material from the small X637 to see if I can sort out some hopping issues which also reduces thrust. However still testing several other things.

scorpion1:
Thanks, for commenting. I didn't realize earlier but it seems there's more action here than RCU. I'll definitely be reading a lot more threads here. The sticky is just a small part of what is available on the site above. Yes, I have a mono. However it is 46" long and has a Zenoah in it. I find Mono's a bit boring as I see them everywhere. It's only a matter of preference.

Ryan
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:11 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_t888 View Post
SHusky:
The dual rigger looks decent. However, I was waiting for Randy Naylor to finish his 8s2p rigger as I have a design WIP using that motor. I'd post there, however most of the guys there know a lot about riggers already. I'm trying to reach out to the rest of the crowd, perhaps the less experienced towards riggers. However the more experienced guys are the only ones with comments so far. That's fine and I appreciate it, Thanks!

CornelP:
I had the bearing tight originally but she let go. Tried to loosen it up and to no surprise it blew up as well. Tried another tight again with no change in results. I am now using no bearing on the big Neu and it's working fine. Still waiting for an email from Neumotors before propping up. I've since removed more material from the small X637 to see if I can sort out some hopping issues which also reduces thrust. However still testing several other things.

scorpion1:
Thanks, for commenting. I didn't realize earlier but it seems there's more action here than RCU. I'll definitely be reading a lot more threads here. The sticky is just a small part of what is available on the site above. Yes, I have a mono. However it is 46" long and has a Zenoah in it. I find Mono's a bit boring as I see them everywhere. It's only a matter of preference.

Ryan
Yeah, i used to go to RCU alot until a year or so ago, guys here are friendly, share their joys and disasters, and help each other out quite a bit. There are also many different types of builds going on at all times. There seems to be the absence of the common snotty new poster's here as opposed to RCU....................we're not OSE, but we sure do "mod" stuff in a heartbeat and quite often end up with good boats! We're the "middle of the road" guys.............. I have made what i consider to be some good friends on here.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:27 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Yes, I know what you mean. There sure is a lot of cool guys (and girls) in this hobby. After watching a couple forums and seeing what was occurring I decided to start my own community right off of the site above.

It's tough starting from literally ground 0 with a new community and site and there sure is a ton of work put in to it but I hope it will one day be worth it and invite a lot more people in to the hobby.

Ryan
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:41 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,168 Posts
Duh................just figured it out i think.............is that your new forum????? If so i would like to join!

EDIT: just joined.
Last edited by scorpion1; Jul 05, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:14 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,168 Posts
Hmmmm, cant get the activation email Ryan.
Old Jul 06, 2011, 08:24 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Hmmmm, cant get the activation email Ryan.
Same no email
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
Old Jul 06, 2011, 08:52 AM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. You guys should now be in.

Ryan
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:10 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,168 Posts
I'm set up and i made a post for a test
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:39 AM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Weight specs are updated:
AUW 1P = 2978g / 105oz / 6.56lb
AUW 2P = 3618g / 127.6oz / 7.97lb

The maximum goal weight for the project was 8lb. This is including even hatch tape ready to go. This had been based on the weight of each component and the build. If it were to be heavier than 8lb, no changes would have been performed.

Ryan