HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
Electronics slayer
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Help!
Where did the fatshark website go?

I've recently tried to go and look at the Fatshark website and there's no website there anymore (www.­gowiththeshark.­com). Anyone know what's going on or has he just moved address?
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
403 Posts
China implemented a new policy that only registered businesses are allowed to have commercial content websites and all businesses must submit documentation for approval by the government. Unfortunately I was not aware of this new policy and not informed by my web host (they posted it on their host site in Chinese - but didn't send out any emails) so they must comply and shut it down.
We've submitted the required documentation to the local bureaucracy, but I don't know how long it will be before its approved and reactivated.
It might be faster to forward my domain registration to another host outside China.
-Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
China implemented a new policy that only registered businesses are allowed to have commercial content websites and all businesses must submit documentation for approval by the government. Unfortunately I was not aware of this new policy and not informed by my web host (they posted it on their host site in Chinese - but didn't send out any emails) so they must comply and shut it down.
We've submitted the required documentation to the local bureaucracy, but I don't know how long it will be before its approved and reactivated.
It might be faster to forward my domain registration to another host outside China.
-Fat Shark
I can host your domain if you need to.

Cheers,
Vaz.
VaZ is offline Find More Posts by VaZ
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:59 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaZ View Post
I can host your domain if you need to.

Cheers,
Vaz.
lol!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:56 AM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUd~Fokker View Post
lol!
It wasn't any joke

Vaz.
VaZ is offline Find More Posts by VaZ
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:29 AM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
-Fat Shark
Aha, just bought an fatshark this weekend and i was looking for some information. My first thoughts where: and gone is my warrenty. Glad to know there's a problem with the website.
marco899 is offline Find More Posts by marco899