HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2011, 03:22 PM
SamuelS94
UK
Joined Oct 2008
57 Posts
Discussion
Nine Eagles Solo Pro or Bravo SX ????

I used to be a great RC enthusiast a while ago, but i decided to leave the hobby due to money issues.

Anyways, i sold all my rc stuff.

I am now wanting to buy a small indoor micro heli, i dont want to get back into the hobby, all i want is a small micro heli i can fly around the house and outside sometimes.

I have narrowed it down to two heli's, - Nine Eagles Solo Pro V2 or the Bravo SX.

I like the look of the SX more, but i heard its more fragile.

What do you recommend i buy, and why ... a Solo Pro or Bravo SX.

I was considering a Trex 100S Super Combo for 100, but i have heard theres been a few issues with the 100s due to motor failures and bad servos. I dont want all that hassle, I ve never heard anything bad about the Nine Eagles Heli.

Thanks

Sam
sam-smith is offline Find More Posts by sam-smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:09 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,927 Posts
The SX handles better in a tight space, like a living room, since it behaves more natural on rudder, turning almost like a coaxial. This is the main reason when I fly indoor, I usually pick the SX, and not my Solo Pro. The SX is also louder than the Solo Pro, which is something you may not like inside. The SX is not really more fragile, btw. Sure, the canopy can get damaged, especially the windshield, but the insides like the receiver are better protected than with the partial canopy of the Solo Pro. Anyway, both choices are better if you want an uncomplicated, fun heli. The Trex100 needs some modding to be more enjoyable, and there seem to be some serious issues with tail motor, servo's, and overall performance.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I think the Solo Pro fits your requirements perfectly.

I'm about to order an SX myself so I can't give you any first hand opinions but this is my take on the situation:

Start with the Solo Pro:

- It's lighter and has longer flight times.
- It's easier to work on. You can simply slide the canopy off and a replacement canopy is a lot cheaper to buy and a breeze to fit.
- It has better battery options available (can get very decent OEM batteries from HobbyKing for around $1 each.
- It's quieter.

You'll find you'll fall in love with the Solo Pro, and when you do you can always buy a BNF SX down the track.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs