SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2004
126 Posts
Discussion
Can I plug two sets of 2022a Tiny Brite Lights and have 2x the lights on my Champ?

Loving my Tiny Brite Lights 2022a I put on my Hobbyzone Champ...but would love even more light coming from the plane when it really starts to get dark outside...

Question...the 2022a micro set of Tiny Brite Lights have the two little connectors on them where you plug the Tiny Brite Lights into the female receiver plug on the Champ...and then you plug your battery into the male plug on the Tiny Brite Lights...

I need the assitance/advice of those of you who are electronic wizards...can I buy a 2nd set of these lights, plug them together, then plug my battery into the remaining plug? Will it work? Or would that mess up the "circuitry" (not sure if that is actually a word or not.. ha ha), etc?

I just want twice the light output on my plane as I have now, so I would love to put a second set of lights beside of the existing lights I have now so the lights are even more visible from far away...

Thanks for any advise you can give if this would be possible electronically...
newflyer100 is offline Find More Posts by newflyer100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
You could probably plug in 5 sets before you noticed a significant reduction in flight times.

The isn't any electrical reason why you can't do this.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:05 AM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Theoretically all it will do is drain your battery faster (which like UNGN said you won't even notice as their power consumption is so small), and it will add a little extra weight.
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut