HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:54 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
...but at least i dipped it in the water...
Prolly needs a good wash

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:15 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Prolly needs a good wash

BJ
yep the other night i rented a dvd player and watched some local indo XXX and washed it as fast as i wanted. It was as clean as a whistle i tells ya.

Dang they have these massive kites down the beach and im tempted to get one to satisfy my flying bug. But i dont think i could take it home with me.
Say Kris i watched the video on those funfighters aka the rare bear nano racers from HK but will they actually be releasing the rare bear or should i just get the P47 one? also are the esc's in them ok. Do i need to replace anything in them at all?

Stal enjoying a milkshake by the pool staring at bikini girls Stal
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jul 31, 2011, 07:05 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,387 Posts
The Rare Bear would be the quickest of them - Kris should be able to confirm.

The ESC's are ok with 3-cell - 4S and you're pushing it.

And I think my Speedie carked it today...

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:34 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
yeah BJ they not the same as the skyangel ones though im sure. Have a look at the specs on them.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...-Spec_ESC.html

I might be better off ordering the original rare bear from somewhere else and using my $50 credit from HK for the lipos for it.

Had a good bonding session with dad tonight over a few bintangs. Was good to get a few things off my chest.

Stal feels like a new man and feels like he has the world at his feet now. The world is my oyster from now on.

Stal disappointed that webber didnt come good and stuffed up in the wet Stal
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:41 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
Stal

I Dont have the swash yet
I'll let ya know how it goes though

The pitch on mine is still all f.cked up

Not sure whats wrong exactly

Quote:
meebz it sounds like you are having your fair of fun with your 3d hawk. Its really not meant to be that hard. OH well im sure you will MEEBO it and make it work.

Had a surf down at main Kuta beach yesterday BUD. It was so small but at least i dipped it in the water.

Im going down to check it now.

Razors have you got a report on the new xtreme swash for the mcpx please mate?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:32 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
I am back and have been fully serviced if you know what i mean ! so i promise there will be no more smutty talk
Stal the hobbyking nano racers are skyangels planes, so dont worry. The P47 is the slowest of the bunch. have some patience i am sure the bear will turn up soon
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:07 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
yeah razors my pitch setup on MCPX is all messed up too mate. I follow a few guides and set it up per the instructions but its still not right. My really bogs hard some times. I even put new blades on it. Ill give it an overhaul when i get back.

Stal has an itchy finger while sitting on a $50 HK credit. Not really sure what i should get with it.

I really need some smaller 3s 800mah lipos to get my larger 3d hawk in the air. My press the go button around wednesday so that way they will arrive when i get back. Just hoping the the aussie wharehouse has some in stock.

Bud i had plained to get up early and go for a surf but its been chit the last couple of days. I got an inside tip from one of the locals that its going to pick up on thursday.

I might be going seawalking today. They put a clear helmet on you and you walk around the ocean floor. Should be pretty cool. Dad wants me to go parasailing but i didnt pack the huggies so im not sure i will do that. Im chit scared of heights but it might be a good way to start conquering my fears.

Anyways lads hope you all have a good day.

Meebz i hope that wind dies down for ya bruz so you get to maiden your hawk and get bitten by the true flying bug.

Stal might get a kite today

OI Kris are the nanotech 1000mah 3s lipos to big for the nano racers? I would like to order a few but i want your opinion first mate, thanks. Glad to see you got your rocks off too mate. I had a little indo chick bouncing up and down on me the first and second night i was here. I got a happy massage as well the other day. Now i have no money left and cant afford them. Why did i have to go and spend all my money on stupid clothes and silly chit when i could of been floggin' em most night. OH well. Ive been trying with the backslappers but have had no luck yet.
Last edited by stalyoni; Jul 31, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:39 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
it sucks eh?

I am gunna try a new main shaft as it might be cracked, causing slop, and related pitch issues

the swash is loose as well

will be nice to get the alum swash

so guys

I am working on a 3 axis, thrust vectoring system

any of you have experience with that?

pics below

uses blade cx3 swash, and traxxas drive assembly for pivot point.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
I dunno Raz...has that ever been done before? I know the full-scale F-22 has thrust-vectoring nozzles...but with a prop, I predict possibly some rather hideous unplanned gyroscopic effects. I could be wrong though, and it's an interesting concept...curious to see how it turnz out.

Here's my little freebie mini-ATX power supply conversion (that got thrown in the trash @ werk)...good for 250 watts and 18 amps. Just did it as an excersize in possibilities...it's too darn cramped inside to even add a switch and LED...but it's small and kinda neat. Cost me about 3 bux.

I highly recommend doing a full size ATX PSU conversion though...my A-power is still cranking out current after 4 years (450w, 15A, two ports)

How to:

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.bat...OWERSUPPLY.HTM

Bud, well but cheaply powered Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:55 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
Bud

I can see thrust angles really f.cking things up.

I'll try it
others have used a gimbal system before, some even on funjets

Vectored Thrust funjet bench test (0 min 38 sec)
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:09 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
WB Kris, good to see you got the cob webs blown out, a good polish and had the oil changed. (Yes intentional double entendre's there )
Hehe Its not like that really mate. mrs would kill me if she read this but... she usual gives me what i want on a weekly basis. I am quiet lucky in that department i just got a high sex drive and a dirty mind.

Quote:

OI Kris are the nanotech 1000mah 3s lipos to big for the nano racers? I would like to order a few but i want your opinion first mate, thanks. Glad to see you got your rocks off too mate. I had a little indo chick bouncing up and down on me the first and second night i was here. I got a happy massage as well the other day. Now i have no money left and cant afford them. Why did i have to go and spend all my money on stupid clothes and silly chit when i could of been floggin' em most night. OH well. Ive been trying with the backslappers but have had no luck yet.
No mate 1000mah 3s are to heavy you want ether a ZIPPY 800mAh 3S1P 20C packs or a Turnigy nano-tech 850mah 3S 25~40C Lipo Packs
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:32 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Bud

I can see thrust angles really f.cking things up.
Well hmm..we are talking beyond regular fixed-wing prop torque, p-factor, thrustlines and angles and such here...remember the old gyroscopic demonstration- hold the spinning thing in your hand, feel the direction and amount of (prop) torque- turn the thing 90deg in different axis' and feel the gyroscopic force wrenching it out of the rotating plane. Which leads me to....perhaps a gyro on board to compensate and help control the thing...like a...heli.

Seems anytime we start messing with tilting things...it gets complicated...ask the V-22 boyz...

I've been jonesin' for a UM scale V-22 Osprey for two years now.....

I seem to recall a neat site linked over in the "girls" thread..they had some really nice looking scale EDF jets..some had vectoring along w/ slats/flaps/retracts...really nice looking machines...I won't mention the nice looking azn model...oh I just did.

Okay I'm about to test my little PSU in real world charging conditions now...4 freshly flown MCPx batts @ a measly 1.8 amps. Fire extinguisher nearby. Check.

Bud, testing Bud
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:35 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
i just got a high sex drive and a dirty mind.
Oh we know. Great minds and all that. I've noticed you play off my raunchiness far too much and then I get in trouble.

lol!

<:machine gun:
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:41 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Oh we know. Great minds and all that. I've noticed you play off my raunchiness far too much and then I get in trouble.

lol!

<:machine gun:
Yeah it always seems to play out like that doesn't it hehe