HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:34 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,143 Posts
are these ecigs pricey?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:43 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
razors there not that much mate i looked into it for my mum. You can get a starter pack for about $50-60 with all you need for a week or two.

STAL is so happy. HK have finally inspected my ESC and have credited my account with $50 odd dollars. Stal is rubbing his fingers together. Hmmm this rare bear might be coming sooner then i thought.

Lazy day in bali. Ahhh this is the life.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:07 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,143 Posts
Lol

Have fun Stal and make sure ya wrap it up buddy

You don't have the HIV or crotch crickets
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:41 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Forget the ecigs there nothing like the real thing, i should know. I was one of the mods on the ecig forum back in the day when it first started. There was about 50 members back then,over the past few years its just got bigger and bigger but if your hoping it will match the cig it doesn't !
For starters they taste nothing like a cigarette and the nic hit takes wwway longer to get in your system because e-cigs dont have all the poisons cigarettes do. these harmful poisons help to speed up the nicotine absorption process. ecigs dont have these poisons so you are endlessly vaping looking for that nic hit having to have the ecig permanently welded to your mouth waiting for the craving to be met.do yourself a favour chaps, bypass the ecigs... pocket the cash... and just give up smoking !

I am 4 months clean now and never felt better. my only regret is i wish i had given up years ago.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Jul 26, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:08 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
are these ecigs pricey?
Not really. You can buy an ego starting kit which should contain two complete ego's for around 50-60 bucks. The biggest cost once you have the ecigs are getting atomizers and juice. Depending on how much you smoke, it can be a huge savings. I was a 2 pack a day smoker so the cost for me was a pretty big savings. However, I have gotten into mods which are a bit more pricey than the regular ecigs but they do provide a much richer experience for me. I never planed on quitting smoking and when I tried the e-cigs, I was able to quit regular cigs but I still enjoy the experience so I stay with the e-cigs. But mods are a different experience all together, however, many people enjoy using the regular e-cigs and never look back.

Just to explain mods a little bit, just like RC, people like to tinker and create e-cigs out of just about anything they can. There are a lot of different mods out there but they really fall under a couple categories. Box mods, Tube mods, and bottom feeders (AKA some type of juice box). All 3 will usually hold either 1 3.7v battery or 2 batteries that equal 6v. Some have regulators in them that only allow 5v. A tube mod is usually just a round cylinder that holds an atomizer and batteries. A box mod is usually a battery box that holds batteries and an atomizer and a bottom feeder is usually a box that holds a battery and a bottle of juice that will feed the juice up to the atomizer. It is a lot of information to take in at one time as I could go on and on and on about them. That is why for a new person, most will suggest the ego and then you can decide if you like it or maybe want something even more. Anyways, feel free to ask questions, we will answer
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:15 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:18 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
Forget the ecigs there nothing like the real thing, i should know. I was one of the mods on the ecig forum back in the day when it first started. There was about 50 members back then,over the past few years its just got bigger and bigger has e-smoking. but if your hoping it will match the cig it doesn't !
For starters they taste nothing like a cigarette and the nic hit takes wwway longer to get in your system because e-cigs dont have all the poisons cigarettes do. these harmful poisons help to speed up the nicotine absorption process. ecigs dont have these poisons so you are endlessly vaping looking for that nic hit having to have the ecig permanently welded to your mouth waiting for the craving to be met.do yourself a favour chaps, bypass the ecigs... pocket the cash... and just give up smoking !

I am 4 months clean now and never felt better. my only regret is wish i had given up years ago.
That is very subjective. For you, it didnt work. For me, it worked instantly. I enjoy it and don't have to sit here and chain vape. Its all about finding what works for you. Anyways, I dont have a problem with the nic getting into my system. You are right in that it is not as instantaneous as a regular cig but depending on your juice and the mod you have, you dont have to chain vape it to feel satisfied. heck, I started at 36mg and I am now bouncing between 12 and 18mg. As I stated elsewhere though, I enjoy the experience and it is cheaper than smoking and is less harmful so its a win win for me.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:33 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Yeah you keep telling your self that I use to think the same as you but lets be honest your still new to ecigs. i have smoked at all voltages tried all the high nic juice's, but after many years of vapeing I have had enough of being a slave to this addiction.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
See, you were just ready to quit. Nothing wrong with that at all. Being on these for nearly a year, I wouldn't call myself new. If anything, from all that I have read, I missed a lot of crap and came in when everything started getting good
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:02 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Your still on your journey DD give it a few more years and the penny will drop
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:55 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,093 Posts
Interesting listening to the ball going backward and forward over the 'Net. (pun/no-pun intended LoL)

One one hand, breaking the nicotine addiction is the ultimate goal.

On the other hand, anything that satisfies that craving has to be plain better than lighting up...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:28 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
Your still on your journey DD give it a few more years and the penny will drop
Sounds like a disgruntled ex smoker to me
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:01 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,143 Posts
Thanks for all the info guy
I'd bs worried about rePlacing one habit for another
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Sounds like a disgruntled ex smoker to me
Sounds like a classic text book addict
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:04 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
Well, for me, I was not looking to quit smoking. I simply wanted a healthier alternative and this works for me. Many folks have quit using ecigs but that is entirely up to the person.