HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:25 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Stal - you ok?

The RoseBud lives...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
heya BJ!!!
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:35 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,300 Posts
Boys

I bought a losi mini trekker crawler and am in love with crawling

Fun stufc
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Heya DD

Whatchya playin wiff now, Raz?

BJ
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,300 Posts
besides myself you mean? lol

this

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ack-LOSB0238T1

love it

already gunna mod her with bigger tires, and a scale body

will likely do other mods as well, lights ect

building indoor obstacle courses is fun

ps

check this out. I wish someone would make something like this for sale

Homemade 1/48 RC micro crawler. Actually ... (2 min 27 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Heya DD

Whatchya playin wiff now, Raz?

BJ
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Stal - you ok?

The RoseBud lives...

BJ
yeah getting better slowly. Ive been on steroids to help me get better. I go in for a endoscopy tomorrow to get things checked out so today I cant eat at all which kinda sucks.

Took the boats out yesterday and unfortunately I cooked one of the motors in my apparition last weekend so I have another two motors on the way.

RAZ still havent got that micro f3a in the air yet. Kinda lost my interest in flying planes now. Just been doing the boats and my car lately. I might even just sell it to get the new edge 540 QQ.

Hey joel hows your new edge 540 QQ I would like to see some footage of it from you mate.

BJ hope your all good mate. Whens that big boat of yours coming out for a maiden?

RAZ your little car looks cool but its a bit small.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:01 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
yeah getting better slowly. Ive been on steroids to help me get better. I go in for a endoscopy tomorrow to get things checked out so today I cant eat at all which kinda sucks.

Took the boats out yesterday and unfortunately I cooked one of the motors in my apparition last weekend so I have another two motors on the way.

RAZ still havent got that micro f3a in the air yet. Kinda lost my interest in flying planes now. Just been doing the boats and my car lately. I might even just sell it to get the new edge 540 QQ.

Hey joel hows your new edge 540 QQ I would like to see some footage of it from you mate.

BJ hope your all good mate. Whens that big boat of yours coming out for a maiden?

RAZ your little car looks cool but its a bit small.
Here is his channel on youtube. I saw at least one video of him flying the QQ. (correction, he has a video of someone flying it, dont think it was him though)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTurboparker
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:19 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Hey Stal,

Good to hear that you're on the mend. Hope everything goes OK with the endoscopy. Regarding video - I don't even have an EQQ yet! Something got screwed up between HH & my LHS, so mine won't show up until January 10th or so! By then, I'll probably need a set of flotation skis for it! (Already got 1.5 feet of snow last Sunday.)

I don't know how much you guys follow the other UM threads, so I'm not sure how many of my vids you've seen. Let me know & I'll post-up!

DD,

That's my channel, but I don't have any video of the EQQ on there. However, I do have video of me flying the Sbach 3D on 3s.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Somthing to make ya'lls dizzy...

LoL

A Sirens Point Of View (4 min 30 sec)

BJ
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Anyfink happening out there...??

BJ
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Flying the Carbon Cub on floats off the snow in my yard

I've been having fun flying my Carbon Cub on floats off the snow in my yard. I'm loving my expanded runway!

Be sure to watch in HD!

Here's my first ROS (rise off snow) flight with the CC. I've flown ROS with my 1/4-scale Super Cub & other planes on skis, but this is my first ROS flight on floats. We had just gotten 1.5 feet of snow in less than 24 hours the day before.

Eflite UMX Carbon Cub - ROS on floats (9 min 14 sec)

Here's a clip from a couple days later. I managed to hit my ham radio antenna, but I flew out of it & landed successfully. No damage. Midair at 7:00. I'm sure that I couldn't hit that antenna on purpose if I tried, yet I've hit it accidentally with the Champ, Sukhoi XP, Beast 3D, 130X - and now the CC! Funny how that works...

UMX Carbon Cub - more fun in the snow + mid-air collision with ham radio antenna (11 min 33 sec)

Here's an on-board clip that I shot today. The AUW was a portly 129g with the floats & the #16 cam, yet she had plenty of grunt with the TP 325 mAh 65c pack & 5030 prop. Even pulled off a loop from level flight! Plus, she was still agile enough for some figure-eights in my north yard. Like her full-scale counterpart, this baby can haul a load!

Climb into the front seat & come along for the ride. Don't forget the barf-bag!

On-board video - UMX Carbon Cub in the snow (6 min 20 sec)

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Schweeeet, Joel

Looks like you're having fun

Very pretty little place you live there with all the fresh snow about.

From your onboard, I'm guessing you're somewhere near Greenbrook Dr NE?

As pretty as it looks, I bet you it's fa-fa-faarking c-o-l-d

39deg C (102F) here today...

Funny about those wires/antennas/poles, huh? Couldn't hit them if you tried - but you can somehow manage to find them when you don't LoL. We have the same thing flying combat - usually can't hit anyone else no matter how hard you try - and with heaps of aircraft in the sky.

But... try to fly 'normally', and you end up with a mid-air and this kinda result...

(photo's courtesy of the PP Fliers)

BJ
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:16 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,300 Posts
Merry Xmas gents

Here are pics of my scaler crawler
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2688
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,365 Posts
Merry Christmas Raz - and to all in the Stal thread.

Stal - I hope your health is on the up and you get back on the sticks soon buddy.

BJ
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Thanks, BJ!

Regarding my place - I just bought it 2 1/2 years ago & I love it out here! I specifically looked for a place that fits my hobbies - RC, ham radio, bird & nature-watching, watching the stars & aurora, and working on my hot-rod. I have 4 acres of woods & 2 acres to mow. My property ends at the lake that you can see at the far end of the woods.

Regarding my location - I'm about 4 miles NE of Greenbrook & Hwy 22. How did you get that close, simply by looking at my on-board video?

Cold? Nah, +16 F is no big deal in these parts, and anything above freezing is considered to be balmy this time of year. It gets down to -30 F or colder around here every winter. It's common for us to see a week or so where the temp never gets above -10 F even on a sunny day. But to me, it never really gets cold around here. This part of the state is usually 15-20 degrees (F) warmer than my hometown - which is 320 miles north of here, just 5 miles south of the Canadian border on the SW shore of Lake of the Woods.

Regarding midairs - looks like you guys must have hit pretty hard! Were you able to maintain control? How did the other plane fare? I've had one midair with a balsa plane in 28 years of flying. (But then I've never flown combat!) Had a head-on with an Astro Hog while flying my Carl Goldberg Art Scholl Super Chipmunk. We hit nearly head-on @ 160+ MPH. Wasn't pretty. It sounded like a 12-gauge going off! The fabric-covered Hog lost a third of one wing, but the pilot managed to flop it down in the tall grass off the end of the field & save the airframe. My film-covered Chipmunk literally exploded. Chipmunk parts rained down across the field. We never did find all of it. That freaked me out so much that for about a month, I refused to fly when anyone else was up, and I landed immediately when anyone else took off.

Speaking of hitting stuff - I guess it must have been my week. Was screwing around with my 130X the other day & managed to stuff it into one of my maple trees @ full-bore while coming out of a loop. I failed to account for the winds aloft & got blown off course on the way over the top. It landed on the bare concrete sidewalk. The only damage was a broken main grip ball & a shattered canopy.

Eflite Blade 130X crash (4 min 59 sec)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Joel
RCG Plus Member