HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,622 Posts
Late to the party

Hi Stal & gang! Just found out about this thread on the 'where's Maukabud' thread. I see a lot of familiar people on here.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:37 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
welcome joel

stal

forgot to tell ya

I gots me a as3x Sbach
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:27 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,476 Posts
Heya T-Parkie

Whatchya bin upta?

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:47 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,622 Posts
RE,

Thanks! Nice to see that most of the old gang's still here.

BJ,

Good to see that you're still around. What's been happening on your end?

I moved out of the 'burbs two years ago & bought a place in the country. I made sure that I have room in the yard to fly UM planes & helis. I'm only 6 miles from the club field, rather than 25 miles like I was before - so I'm getting in a lot more stick-time than I used to. Since then, I've been expanding my fleet & flying as much as I can. I picked up a #16 HD keychain cam, and been messing around a bit more with on-board & hatcam video. If you guys are interested, I'll post a few clips.

I sorta went nuts with the UMX offerings. I've now got 4 Beasts, 2 Beast 3Ds, 2 Sbachs, 2 Sbach 3Ds, 2 Carbon Cubs, a Gee Bee, and a Mig 15. Lately, I've been thinking about getting back into large-scale. I've been looking at 1/4-scale light-planes and 30cc WWII fighters. I dove a bit deeper into rotorcraft, as well. Along with my old bl mCPX, I have the Blade 130X & 300X, and I recently picked up an nCPX. Thanks to the 130X, I finally learned how to fly heli aerobatics! I've always been interested in quads, so I just had to pick up an mQX when they came out. It's a blast to fly, and it easily carries my #16 HD keychain cam.

I've also always been interested in sailplanes, but never got around to trying them. So I picked up a Radian Pro a couple months ago & ordered a few of Paul Naton's soaring DVDs, along with a copy of the Old Buzzard's Soaring Book. I'm having a lot of fun learning the finer points of soaring.

It's a balmy 47 F & sunny. Doesn't get much better than that around here this time of year! I think it's time for a couple of lawn-patrol sorties with the 130X. Gotta keep those rogue squadrons of chickadees & goldfinches in check, ya know.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,476 Posts
Sounds like you're having fun. TB.

I posted some vids of my latest forays a page or two back. Been into all sorts of things lately. I'm enoying flying the bigger Birds these days, and might just get to maiden a 0.91 nitro I bought a while back if I'm lucky this weekend

Getting into FPV, and have been interested in Quads for a while now.

Say Hi to Bubblz for me.

BJ
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
nice vids BJ

that bf 109 is fast lol

get that magpie!!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,476 Posts
That BF109 'was' fast, Raz

RIP

LoL

BJ
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
Lmfao
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:46 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,096 Posts
hey joel welcome to my thread buddy.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I only have 2 umx sbachs and one is moddified for 3s but she needs some repairs. Has been in the box for months. Ive been really slack. Ive only really been messing around with my rc boats and now my rc car. I also have two brushless mcpx's i need to get going at some stage.

I also have the new durafly f3a micro and its based on 3s which I have been going to maiden for a month or so now. Hopefully get it in the air soon.

BJ looks like your having some flying fun. I finally got a glue gun so I can get my reaktor back in the air. Should be able to get some flight in soon in the next couple of days if this wind backs off.

RAZ I want that eflite edge 540 QQ so bad. It looks killer and its super speedy too.

Anyways ive really not been well lately and had two weeks off work. Never been this sick in a long time. I really hope it gets better soon. I have to stay off the drink for good now so I will have to learn to live without as its making the problem worse. Lets just say theres blood coming out where it should not. Really hope I get better soon as I cant take it anymore.

OH found the best secret spot where we can take our boats anytime. Its the nicest spot. Dad ran his boat into mine at full speed so he has some repairs to make on my boat but its all superficial.

Anyways good to hear from you all. Put some video up soon Joel.

I will have some video up of our new recovery boat up soon and my boat
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
Lmfao

Need for Speed Stal?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,476 Posts
Yep - building and flying heaps, Stal

Had a ball over in SA - broke a few things (as you saw before), but flew quite a bit and really enjoyed myself.

Just got my SkyWing SBach the other day - maidened it a bit nervously in a pretty stiff wind. Wasn't all that much fun to fly, and I had to do about a dozen landing attempts before I finally got one where the aircraft would behave enough to put it onto the deck

I'm getting used to it now, but it really doesn't like too much wind on landing.

Probably time for me to stop buying stuff now for a while and concentrate on flying what I've got and building the rest of my fleet that's in boxes out in the garage.

I hope whatever it is that is ailing you starts to get better mate.

Keep going out with your Dad, and turn this thing around - yah?

BJ
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:20 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,096 Posts
thanks BJ for your kind words of support. Yeh been spending time with dad as much as I can. I get some big money soon and im taking him to bankok or back to bali. Cant wait but I need to get better soon.

I also need to get these bloody planes back in the air. I will be a bit rusty now as its been months. Havent had the flying bug for a while now. Might be this illness ive been going through.

guess i better upload the recent videos ive taken.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,476 Posts
Hang in there Stal

You're probably going through Hell just now - but you gotta keep fighting it mate.

I know exactly what you're going through. You'll beat this - I'm sure of it.

PM me anytime, k?

BJ

PS - get them Vids happenin
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:26 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,096 Posts
BJ I got the hot glue gun out and stuck a new servo in the reaktor this arvo and took it for a spin. Was super fun as it was really windy. This was the first time I really took it out with the new motor and it has tons of power now. Even into mega winds.

Thanks for the support BJ but im getting better slowly. Just no more drinking for me ever.

Anyways uploading the videos now.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:57 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
Been over a month now since I had any hint of a smoke

Cold turkey

I hope this is last time I quit

Stal

What's been wrong with you?