HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,376 Posts
Finally maidened that HK BF109...

HK BF 109 Pylon Racer (1 min 17 sec)

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:49 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
nice maiden BJ

ive been sick these last couple of days so been taking it easy.

I just got myself an rc sufer and I plan on modifing it to a brushless system for better performance. Tried to run it stock today and go no action as soon as it was in the water as the fm radio was crapolla. Bloody got my phone wet as well and spent 5 hours drying it out. But at least it works fine now.

I will have to take the surfer to my dads and strip her down and see if I can modify her. Just need to take my time with her and get it all right.

Dad and I are on the last stages of building our twin 90mm edf rescue boat now. We had it all sorted and was testing the second edf unit when the second esc had a malfunction. So we are waiting till the replacement esc gets here and we can finish her off. Should be tomorrow night.

I now have a replacement frame for the mcpx and all the parts I need to get it going again. Its been a long time since Ive flown it and cant wait to get it back in the air again.

My rc car needs some loving too, the new motor i put into it wont mesh well with the gears so I have a new motor coming and some other parts for it. Should be fun when I get it going.

My rc boat is a weapon. We think it does about 90kph now on a 4s lipo. I love the straight line speed it has and also goes well into the corners. I got another piranha boat the same as dad and the same as I had before. With the tacon motor i have in it its a little slow but none the less allot of fun to mess around with dad with.

RAZ have you seen the new blade nano cpx yet? I want one badly as when I crash the mcpx I always strip out the main gear and it sucks.

Also eflite have a new verison of the umx sbach and its the 3d verison and has as3x tech in it and looks wicked good eh.

Oh and for the big news it looks like my uncle has left me some money in his will, could be as much as 70k but we will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,376 Posts
Here's a short vid of the Siren in action - after it was repaired from just about being bin material when a tore the nose a new one...

Great Planes Siren - repair and re-maiden (raw edit) (3 min 15 sec)

BJ
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
looks good bj.

I broke the nose of my axn the other week. It dropped behind the hill and I lost sight of it and it went into a park bench.

I think ill get the new bixler 2 soon. I love sloping now
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,376 Posts
Sloping kinda grows on you - though you're still flying powered aircraft LoL

Should try it with something totally motorless - make a mistake and bye-bye plane

(not really)...

BJ
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:00 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
Boys the nano cpx is awesome; very durable and no tail blow outs

Nice vid BJ
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,376 Posts
Thx Raz

Which one - the '109 or Siren vid?

Was going to do a better post-vid edit of both of them, but I can't be stuffed now...

The BF109 needs some mods - the motor/prop are are aligned square-on to the firewall, which is square across the front of the fuze i.e. no right-prop/down thrust added yet (it's more of a 'builders' plane than an RTF/ARF). So it really pig-roots to port when you hit the throttle. Some right/down adjustment should help with the crazy yaw when opening the taps.

The Siren motor was pulling waaay too many amps and the donk was starting to smell hot at WOT on the test bench - so I went down to a 13x6" from the 14x9" that was originally in it.

But... it's not the same Bird to fly now. Getting a bit boring

Been doing a fair bit of reading lately, and from what I've gathered so far, it seems that there can be as much as a 10-20% difference in amp draw when comparing static bench tests to real inflight data on these motor/prop/ESC combos.

The Siren isn't really a genuine 'Hotliner' airframe, but more of a 'fast warmliner' IMHO.

The airframe itself is only rated to around 650W, albeit it has a carbon fuze (but a 2m balsa-sheeted wing). The SK3 960Kv motor currently in it will pull just under 1Kw (1000W) on 4S with the 14x9", but it draws about 70A (10-15A more than the motor's rating) when testing it statically on the test bench - but man, does it ever move in the air with that set-up

I have an Emeter II RDU unit that will log my inflight Amps/Volts etc, but I can't get the bugger to fit into the fuze with the big Plush 80A Speedie in there as well.

Might just have to bite the bullet and bung the 14x9" back on to it for some real performance - if is smokes-out and dies... it dies

I'd love to get my hands on an MVVS Redliner motor - will take that prop no probs and deliver heaps of power. But $180 for a motor to suit a plane that's only designed for half that power maybe defeating the purpose in my book.

Whatchya reckon?

BJ
Last edited by BJ64; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:07 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
Both

More power the better
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,376 Posts
Power it is then...

BJ
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:37 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
That a boy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:37 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Hey guys,

check out my rc surfer. I modded it with a SL2848 3900kv motor, a hxt900 servo and a zippy 4000mah 3s lipo. After the first run it overheated so we added some brass cooling pipes. After a 4:30min run it overheated again and the motor ceased.

So now i plan to put one of our tacon 2858 2618kv motors in it now and this motor should run allot cooler. I think sand might have got into the pipes and blocked it up.

Anyways this is so much fun and im hooked on it now and cant wait to get her back out into the water.

BTW sony lost my camera during the warranty process and they upgraded me to a brand new sony wx100 camera and I will start doing some hobby videos again soon.

RAZ I will maiden that micro f3a very soon mate as my camera is ok now. Cant wait to fly this little bird on 3s. Should be fun.

anyways hope you are all well and having fun flying.

Remote control surfer 3900kv motor on 3s (4 min 38 sec)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
That surfer looks fun

Jump waves much?

Looking forward to f3a vid
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:47 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
just a vid of my flying my dynamic 820

plus, link is to new youtube account that me and my friends post vids to

Dynamic Foamy 820 EPP Fun Flight (4 min 24 sec)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:25 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
I like that plane Razors, Very nice! oh and subbed to
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts