HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:33 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
....and may your Easter Bunny be a seasonal gift from Hugh Hefner
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:23 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Just ordered a turnigy 3020 1800kv motor for my tristania epp and 5 x 3s zippy 500's. Should get it flying a little better.

Ive been watching other planes of the same weight on youtube with the 3020 motor and they all fly really well and had allot of power.

My all up flying weight with a zippy 500 3s should be about 280g. Atm with no lipo she weighs about 249g and my turnigy 2s 800's are about 58g so that puts her about 310g flying weight with a 2s. So she will shed about 30g and gain the extra power of a 3s.

Should be interesting how she performs on the new motor and 3s power. As I sold my other planes shes my only 3d plane I own so I want to get her flying well and start practising proper 3d moves on her and then Ill move up and get some thing decent.

Hope your all having fun flying your flying machines.

I should be picking up my flying wing tomorrow and my parts to fix my rc car. Cant wait......
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:32 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
23,960 Posts
Fcuk-all flying down here Stal - weather has been as miserable as all hell.

Almost finished the FlyFly F22 with ChangeSun 90mm 12 blade fan in her, and 'retractless retracts' (1/8" piano wire), so the maiden should be fun.

What a prick of a build - half the kit was missing, so I had to improvise the taileron setup using 4mm solid CF as an axle and umpteen hours getting the servo/links set up so the bloody thing would move the rear stabs with enough swing without fouling.

It'll either fly, or be the most expensive/time consuming thing I've ever put together.

Just wanna hear that big 90mm on full song.

2.2kg thrust, 92A on a 6S 5000mAh LiPo..

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:48 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
wowsers that thing should haul ass

I will have my new red eagle wing for speed. Should make a great sloper too.

I really want the new micro radjet as well.

It looks like hobbyscene where I ordered my micro servos for my sbach that my order will not be sent. Ive sent them several emails with no reply. So guys dont use them. Its like an australia HK site. Its been 12 days now and nadda.

I will have to order these new power 2g servos now me thinks.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:36 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Well it would seem that Bud flat out doesn't want to talk with us/me

I sent him a message through YouTube and even thought he has been active on YouTube over the past 24 hours, he hasn't responded to my message.

Oh well, I tried .... It's a real shame cos he is one decent bloke and always had good time with him
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:48 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Meebo,
How you? Shame about Bud.
Still crackin the books?

I'm almost getting used to being broke. I've saved a few pennies to make a long awaited parts order. Need a couple of ESC's and/or motors and a few things to get the Genius back in the air...It's been so long since I've flown, I should probably "warm up" with a helium balloon and work through a kite or two before attempting anything w/o a string attached

regards,
Bill
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:19 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,059 Posts
Vaca

Lol

Take it easy in the GCP man; they do break easily

Mine is sitting collecting dust; I think I'll eventually sell it and MCPX
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Hey Bill,

I'm doin good thanks mate, bit bummed out I can't buy anymore RC gear as money is a lil tight at the moment but all is good otherwise.

Yesss I'm still hitting the books, will be for another couple of years but it'll be worth it.

What's new in Billville ?? :P
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2009
23,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
Well it would seem that Bud flat out doesn't want to talk with us/me

I sent him a message through YouTube and even thought he has been active on YouTube over the past 24 hours, he hasn't responded to my message.

Oh well, I tried .... It's a real shame cos he is one decent bloke and always had good time with him
Look - something must have happened along the way with Bud and Kris.

Like you, I've tried contacting both of them - but nada. Not even a "piss off - I don't want to talk to you any more".

And, like you, my attempted contacts were within a day or two of their last posts in those links.

I don't know what, where, or why - but summat ain't right. None of us seems to be able to find out whatever the problem is.

It's a real shame IMHO, because we used to have such a hoot together - be it yakking in here, or flying R/T Phoenix sessions online together etc.

Pointless asking now "guys, send us a PM just to let us know you're alright" - been there, done that. No answer.

How we could have lost two mates like that is beyond my comprehension.

I just hope it's for "politcal" reasons, rather than something bad has happened to either one of them.

And if it has, I'm sure we'd all want to offer our sincere condolences.

Sucks to lose valued mates...

BJ
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:54 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Well said BJ

I kinda fell off, because no money and adjusting to that. Not anything you all did...

Hi Meebo,
No money makes participating in this hobby tough.
Been trying to get my yard/garden in order. Not much $'s involved in that. Just dealing with this bloody sciatica. One day work...two days to recover.

I'm sore as heck today but....I woke up, so it's gonna be a good day!

regards,
Bill

been messing around with my camera a bit, too
Last edited by Air Vaca; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Jun 2009
23,960 Posts
What dat ?? ??

BJ
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,059 Posts
Cool pic billy

It does suck that we dOnt know what happened to the other guys

I think that kris doesn't post here because of the point stalked that was lurking in here, or whatever was going on

What you boys think of new blade130 X ? It is not cheap

Also

HAbu 2 looks like a winner; might seriously consider one of those.

Stal

Where the hell is your micro rad jet bro?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi BJ,
Ya like dat?
It's a macro shot of a piece of wood. The grain caught my eye and I "enhanced" it.

here's a shot of my filthy carpet...

regards,
Bill
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Cool pic billy

It does suck that we dOnt know what happened to the other guys

I think that kris doesn't post here because of the point stalked that was lurking in here, or whatever was going on

What you boys think of new blade130 X ? It is not cheap

Also

HAbu 2 looks like a winner; might seriously consider one of those.

Stal

Where the hell is your micro rad jet bro?
Habu 2? havent seen that yet.

Yes the blade 130 x looks good but that tail will get broken easily. I just managed to fix my mcpx recently. Its like i had to re learn how to fly it all over again. With it being brushless it get away on me so quickly. Its still allot of fun. Its still not flying right though. Not sure what to do with it.

Raz i would love to buy a micro rad jet mate but i have no money. I will get one of those and a reaktor 3d plane as well.

I got my 3020 1800kv motor for my tristinina and I firstly put a 7x3 prop on it with a 3s. It only just stays in the air with that prop. So i put an 8x4 prop on it and its allot better. Motor gets hot but not to hot. It has a fair bit more power now. Just need zero wind conditions for this bird. I will start to practice some 3d moves with her soon.

I also got my red eagle flying wing. Had a look at it and it looks like a mission to put together. I have the power plant for it sorted and wired up already. Its a 2730 3000kv motor with a 4.5x4.1 on a 1000mah 3s. Im using a 4ch rx with a v tail mixer and some 6g rc tech servos.

I might have to get motivated and mix up some epoxy and slap it together.

I stripped down my rc car as well but cant really tell whats stuffed with it. Im pretty sure the front diff is rooted. When under load it still spins and I have a replacement but i cant get the hubs off the side of it. Might have to leave it for the old man to have a look at.

Anyways I might have to chuck the AXN off the headland laters if the winds pickup.

I might have to put this wing together now. Its gonna be a mission but should be worth it in the end.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
Hi I'm magnumb and I am powerless.....

...my new out runners are on order, my quad with wookong is on order....

.....my batteries are on order.....

...I am powerless
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb