SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:54 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post

Stalyonitis Rule #1 - "Meh - it's only money"

BJ
To true BJ

Mate i had a great morning flying my new hyperion sniper x II. Its such a nice lofty bird to fly. I put a 10x7 prop on it and it has a little more speed. It is still slightly underpowered but meh. She'll do for now. Has alot of rudder authority which im not used to. So I will have to practice some more. Took it straight through the goal posts no problems.

Jumped on the sims as well and ive been practicing my 3d moves. Getting there slowly but surely.

BTW took our boats out this morning and it looks like i ordered to small a motor for it. Dads not going to be happy. But meh poo poo happens. Made another post on RC groups and waiting some for some info back on it.

Up up and away

stal is moving on to bigger and better things boys so keep watching this space
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:03 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
Yeah I'm the kinda guys who will and does take on board what people say, especially those who are far more experience than I, but I gotta do what I want to do.

I'll give this Hawk 3D a go and set it up with travel and expo for a novice and if I simply can't get the hang of then I WILL get the HZ Champ as a stepping stone or even the Cub. At this point in time I really don't see the point in getting the Champ, it doesn't fly the way I want to fly and can't help but to feel that I will get bored with it REAL fast.

We'll see what plays out, I don't find anything to hard to fly in Phoenix.
sims and real life flying are two different things though meebo. Theres alot more you have to take into account. Like flying into the wind. Learning where the tree lines are. Knowing your TX range limits. Know where the sun is in bearing to where your plane is.

You will get there mate and where here to help you all the way. Didnt take me long to progress to where im at now. Heck next year you never know what ill be flying.

Hopefully a fully rigged out precision aerobatics extra 260 doing all the 3d moves one man can dream up.

if they build them then stal will fly them. Kevin Costner who?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:24 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:02 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
meebo you have much to learn young padawan

to infinity and beyond i say!!!

Dear hobbyking where is my 1.4 meter wingspan mx2 in the aussie wharehouse.

I also looked into getting a flying lesson today by a pro pilot. I would love to fly a massive 3d plane on a buddy box system. Just have to find someone local in Sydney.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
so whats everyone's next purchase?
I just bought a slow stick (don't laugh, it's for dogfighting, filming, and night flying) stayed up till 1:30am to put it together, woke up @ 5am to maiden it. It flys very nice- for a stick! My next purchase will be the park master 3D foamy, or at least some kind of 3D foamy. I'm so hooked on the 4site, I need something bigger now.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Jun 26, 2011, 02:02 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I just bought a slow stick (don't laugh, it's for dogfighting, filming, and night flying) stayed up till 1:30am to put it together, woke up @ 5am to maiden it. It flys very nice- for a stick! My next purchase will be the park master 3D foamy, or at least some kind of 3D foamy. I'm so hooked on the 4site, I need something bigger now.
slo fly i just recently got the hyperion sniper x II mate and i can highly recommend it. That parkmaster 3d foamy looks very expensive for what it is.

I got the frame second had for only $30 though. The guy i got it off makes his own custom foamy's too so i might be able to buy one from him in the future.

guys whats currently in your hangar?

Whats you favourite bird to fly at the moment?

I have:

hobbyking extra 260
hobbyking/art tech yak 54
hyperion sniper x II
e-flite umx beast
e-flite mcp-x

I have the hobbyking hawk 3d 80 size on the way as well.

I also have:

Losi mini lst rc car with heaps of upgrades
piranha 600 brushless boat

I recently sold off the rest of my fleet which included:

hobbyking/art tech p51-d
hobbyking mini swift glider

Some silly purchases i made was the:

parkzone radian pro glider
e-flite umx extra 300 3d

but i only had both of these birds for a few days as i just didnt enjoy them.

Easy come easy go i say. Have fun enjoying this hobby because thats what its all about.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:56 PM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
My buddy has the sniper II, looks nice! Here's my hangar at the moment

um 4-site
umx beast
mcp-x
slo-v
slow stick
eflite extra 260
carbon z yak
radian

I kind of like them all cause they are so different, but I enjoy the beast and the 4-site the most if I had to choose. I still have room for 2 more planes on my DX6i, then I need to sell some or just the DX8 already. My LHS has a park master for $119 and I have most of the electronics already. I really really want the PA extra 260, maybe for Christmas!
Last edited by slo-fly; Jun 26, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:58 PM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Stal, what's your favorite bird at the moment?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:00 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
*plop*

Just dropped in to subscribe...wouldn't leave ya hangin' Stal...after all...'twas my idea.

Bizzee w/ the kidcare thang...first day w/o training wheels.....@ the park and all that....sans planes though.

(wireless @ the park...lol! Definitely qualifies for "Stayonitis" eh?)

Bud, band-aids @ the ready Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:03 PM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Check this park master run, looks pretty good even in the wind!
Multiplex Park Master Demo MWE '08 (3 min 34 sec)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:13 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
thanks bud for dropping in and signing up mate. I appreciate it. Welcome and glad to have you in hear. Say bud have you seen the unboxing of the new umx sbach. It looks very fast and flippy and rolly polly. I will get one in a few months me finks.

Slo fly that demo is very impressive mate. I dont think my sniper will do that. It doesn't have that much power. Sounds like the parkmaster is for you then mate if you already have all the stuff for it.

Mate my favourite plane to fly at the moment is my hobbking extra. I have spent alot of time modding it and painting it. Its blistering quick now, well quick enough for me. Makes sucha nice noise while in the air as well. You know shes up there and coming in hot. Now i have stolen the landing gear from the sniper and put it on the extra im keen to try it out. Might see if i can get a dubro wheel for the back but im not to worried. It can skid along. Absolutely love this plane and i will use it to sharpen my reflexes.

Ive been spending alot of time on the sims lately and going through the flight lessons within realflight. Im learning alot about planes and i enjoy them alot more then helis.

Hopefully i can progress and move on to better things.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:35 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
I gotta try this variable pitch prop some day, looks crazy!
RC Plane with variable pitch (1 min 8 sec)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:21 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,144 Posts
yeah i have messed around with them on realflight. There a neat idea but very hard to fly.

You having fun with your slow stick yet?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:10 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,733 Posts
...today is that day...

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64