HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:54 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,170 Posts
Thanks mate

I've seen if fly down at our field - it's a tad small. Plus I have the swing-wing F-14 Tomcat I bought 3 years ago and still haven't built yet

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:02 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
slacker
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,170 Posts
Yeth...

BJ
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
pull ya finger out then son and get er done

no one has responded to my planes for sale ads yet. Hoping to gather some money up and buy a new flying machine. I dont think my rc trader ad has come through yet but thats usually where I get the best response.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
link to raptor?

i like the new techone yak 54 from nitroplanes as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Yah - Kris is another decent bloke who got caught-up in all that obnoxius stuff that went down a while back.

Petty politics ruining what a site like this purports to be all about - mates sharing their love of all things RC.

What's even more pathetic is that it all started from a single flame, and ppl who have become mates (and still are) sticking up for each other. Sad state of affairs, IMHO.

But that was 'yesterday' - I think we have all learned, licked our wounds, and moved on since then.

Some things, for some strange reason, are a bit of a minefield to navigate at times.

When you boil it all down, we've done our crimes, and we've done our time. "Yesterday"

Moving forward, I'd love to hear from Kris and Bud again. We all used to get a good laugh from their contributions. Maybe, some day down the track, we'll get a chance to yak in jest like we did before.

Raz - the HK Raptor is an ace plane mate. Out of the box, stock standard, the wings and tailplane are stiff as a board. Many use them as an FPV platform. While they ain't no Stryker Q, they're a heap of fun. Well worth considering as a park flyer. And you can mod it to whatever you want it to be

I still love flying mine - inverted passes with outside turns... low level flying... belly touch'n'goes. Plus a reasonable presence in the sky. All for 80 bucks? Bargain

BJ
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
dunno

some ppl have been making cp quads, but as you can guess, there are lots of parts involved.

someone will make one some day for mass market

On days like today, 15mph winds I wish the MQX were CP blades vs FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
i have to agree with bj here, I love my axn. Its so tough i tip stalled it from about 10 foot and it darted into the ground and its still fine. Some hot glue and some bending of the nose and shes as good as new. With some rudder to aileron mixing you can really chuck this thing around in the air. Ive had mine up for 55mins so far with no prop on at all.

Yeah its a shame about bud and kris but im sure other things in there life have just become more important then this silly hobby we waist our money on (spoken like a true rc addict). Im sure when the time is right then they will come and join us again.

Been looking at micro quads raz, is there any way you can fly them inverted?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Well boyz I'm planning my return to the RC world ...

I haven't flown ANYTHING in about 5ish months. I've been coming on and reading posts every so often but rarely post anything.

Here's my plan ....

1) Sell Sell Sell: Sell up the gear I no longer use or want ... I'm going to finallly get round to advertising my
  • 2 Blade mSR's, I've got all the MicroHeli upgrades for the mSR too which I had on one of these but after seeing that no-one is prepared to pay the price all kitted out I've decided to remove all the parts and will try sell them separately
  • A Blade 120SR which has all the RakonHeli upgrades
  • A second Blade mCP X, this one has a blown tail FET but I have the replacement part so I'll replace that and she should be good to go
and finally
  • Sell all my vaping gear (I've grown out of vaping, I just don't reach for it anymore so I'm getting rid of it. I'm pretty proud about this one and super stoked as the Cigarette's are gone thanks to vaping and now the vaping that replaced the cigarettes are going too .. AWESOME!!! )
I suspect I'm going to take a HUUUGE loss on the MicroHeli Alu parts and RKH 120SR but at the end of the day, I just don't use/fly them anymore and I have zero desire to fly them either so they're going despite the loss on them.

2) Heli's: With some of the money from the above I'll put it towards some new gear ...
  • My Blade mCP X: I love this heli but I don't fly it anymore as I got sick of all the tail blowouts resulting in a crash and of course costing time (which I don't have) and money to repair so my plan for that is to convert it to brushless and upgrade the begeezus out of it with the MicroHeli Alu parts. The whole shabang !!! If it wasn't for the tail blowouts, I wouldn't have been crashing so this will turn the mCP X into one hell of a beast, will be cool. Eventually I'll make some night flying blades for it and a LED kit so I can fly it at night in the backyard too.

3) Planes: There are times I don't mind going to the park to fly but often I've got my little fella with me, the park has a creek on one side and a busy road on the other. I can't afford to take my eyes off him down there and therefore, can't fly ... SO ..... I'm going to get me some Ultra Micro 3D Planes:
  • I've got a 17" Techone M-Zone to finish building, I just need to order a new ESC (Blew the last one) she should be good to go.
  • I would love to get the new E-Flite UMX Beast 3D too, this has a 15" wingspan and can fly 3D now thanks to the AS3X so depending on funds from the sale (and the missus), I'll see if I can get this too.

4) Cars: I've been wanting an RC car for freeekin aaages so again depending on the sale (and the missus) I'll get myself one:
  • I've been eyeing off the HPI E10 DRIFT car, yes a drift car. It's the smallest I can find that has the reliability and parts availability, it's a 1/10 scale coming in at 375mm long so it's a little bigger than I'd hoped for around the house but I'll make it work

This should be enough to amuse myself and the lil guy in the backyard and or house. I'm hopeful that by fixing the mCP X, having some ultra micro planes for the backyard and a drift car will re-kindle my desire for all things RC. Who knows what will go from there, I've got some idea's but they ain't going to happen for a while yet.

Anywhosssssss That's my story and my plan, let's hope it works aye!
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
link to raptor?

i like the new techone yak 54 from nitroplanes as well
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18764

But if you're talking Yak 54, then a Raptor is probably not your kind of thing...

BJ
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2009
25,170 Posts
Good luck with your plan, Meemblz

I think you'll love the UMX Beast 3D. I've seen one fly a couple of times down at our local 'field', and they look fantastic - as well as handle quite a stiff breeze for such a small/light aircraft...

BJ
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
ah, the raptor is for FPV it seems

for some reason i thought u were referring to a 3D plank

I recently put V1 Beast guts into my Suk Xp and its a little rocket now.

PS

Maidened my F86 and it flies well, was a bit tail heavy at first but most of them are, which is actually good because you can use a bigger lipo

I have some hyp 240's on route and see now HK has 2S 300's NT that weight in at 17 grams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18764

But if you're talking Yak 54, then a Raptor is probably not your kind of thing...

BJ
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:08 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
hey meeblz good to see you are getting keen for the hobby again mate. You will love the beast 3d mate. I had the first one and loved it to death. I crashed mine one to many times and it was beyond repair. They can fly so accurate and so slowy. You will love it.

For me im loving my new rc car. I actually put the stock motor back into it and its still plenty quick enough for me. I just need to fit my new ebay shocks when they come and get some better tyres and rims.

I took mum to the markets the other day and she tried the e cigs and didnt like them at all so im blessed i didnt go and spend all this money on them. Kinda happy about that but not that mum wont stop. Oh well.

Anyways im selling off some stuff too meebz and im hoping to get the new micro radjet 420 as I have plenty of zippy 180's for it. Im hoping to get some other flying machines too but havent made up my mind yet.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Stal .. Vaping isn't something you can try once and be done.

Due to cigarette destroying your sense of smell and taste, vaping ain't that that much chop but after a few days those senses start coming back and after a couple of weeks I can almost guarantee you won't WANT to touch another cigarette.

Come have a read over here at all the people vaping in Aus alone
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
well its not me that smokes but my mum and shes tried everything to stop. Not sure whats going to work for her.

Ive dropped the prices on my planes and im really hoping they sell.

Anyways im going to relax be good all.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:57 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
I just went all out and got this autotimer for my dx6i and also some new plastic trim tabs. Should make it allot better to use.

DX6i Autotimer & Vibration upgrade (1 min 31 sec)

I would like to put a backlight in it as well. I will have to find one locally and do it all at once.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:36 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
well its not me that smokes but my mum and shes tried everything to stop. Not sure whats going to work for her.

Ive dropped the prices on my planes and im really hoping they sell.

Anyways im going to relax be good all.
Thats a shame, I been vaping for 17 months now. Sadly most of the ecigs you find in malls or at the local gas station are crap. The key to success with ecigs is to find the flavor you like. And that alone can take a while considering there are thousands of flavors out there to try. But if you get you a good starter kit like an Ego and find the right flavor, the transition can be pretty painless.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay