HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Someone hear something??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
Yellow
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:57 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
25,368 Posts
Kookaburra...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,368 Posts
Where's Vaca (Bill) been lately?

Hope you're doing ok with your new house, mate.

And can anyone shed any light on our ole buddy, Mauka?

Seems to have drifted right off the planet - sent several PM's but no answer.

Hope he's ok.

If there's some reason he's dropped out of our circle, or RCG in general, it would be good to know that he and his family are still safe and sound.

BJ
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
BJ
I'd also like to know how bud is; been too long.

On another note; I finished building a um Sbach using Suk XP guts on 1S

Hope to maiden tomorrow
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,368 Posts
Yah Raz - sumfins wrong.

For a bloke who was everywhere to no response at all - anywhere - is a bit skeery. Bud - if you're reading this, a simple PM just to let us know you're ok would be good. No public chat about it. Just a heads-up that ur still around, k?

Raz - I reckon a HK Raptor (not the F-22) should be your next plane. Bigger really is easier. Coupla 2200mAh Nanotechs and I reckon you won't look back. I'm soooo glad I switched up to larger foamies.

If flying space is at a premium, then try a Bixler. You'll get 20mins flying time out of a 2200 nano. They'll belly-launch off just about anything - from pitcher to mound. They are a real hoot to fly at max throws and bugger-all Expo. You can toughen them up with a few CF spars here and there, and they are A/R/E out of the box. Good 'bendy' foam, so not hard to fix after a prang (we combat them).

And AXN Clouds Fly is equally as good.

Raptor/Bixler ARF will cost you about 80 bucks plus freight - add a LiPo and and Rx and you're good to go.

Seriously good fun pushing the envelope and don't cost a fortune.

Just a thought...

BJ
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:08 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Yeah I'm with ya there BJ, would be good to hear from him to know everything's OK.

He was struggling with employment remember so perhaps he's had to cut some luxuries like internet?

Still wanna hear from him though
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Ole Kris... Hasn't come back in either since the fall out I know he's around and still on RCG but doesn't want to risk getting pinned from looking the wrong direction again in this room.

I don't blame him, I barely post anymore as I'm likely to gets points for god knows what. (P.S. I'm back to zero points )

Still would be cool for a post every so often to see what he's up to though
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:20 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
I'll have to check out that hk raptor
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,368 Posts
Yah - Kris is another decent bloke who got caught-up in all that obnoxius stuff that went down a while back.

Petty politics ruining what a site like this purports to be all about - mates sharing their love of all things RC.

What's even more pathetic is that it all started from a single flame, and ppl who have become mates (and still are) sticking up for each other. Sad state of affairs, IMHO.

But that was 'yesterday' - I think we have all learned, licked our wounds, and moved on since then.

Some things, for some strange reason, are a bit of a minefield to navigate at times.

When you boil it all down, we've done our crimes, and we've done our time. "Yesterday"

Moving forward, I'd love to hear from Kris and Bud again. We all used to get a good laugh from their contributions. Maybe, some day down the track, we'll get a chance to yak in jest like we did before.

Raz - the HK Raptor is an ace plane mate. Out of the box, stock standard, the wings and tailplane are stiff as a board. Many use them as an FPV platform. While they ain't no Stryker Q, they're a heap of fun. Well worth considering as a park flyer. And you can mod it to whatever you want it to be

I still love flying mine - inverted passes with outside turns... low level flying... belly touch'n'goes. Plus a reasonable presence in the sky. All for 80 bucks? Bargain

BJ
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
i have to agree with bj here, I love my axn. Its so tough i tip stalled it from about 10 foot and it darted into the ground and its still fine. Some hot glue and some bending of the nose and shes as good as new. With some rudder to aileron mixing you can really chuck this thing around in the air. Ive had mine up for 55mins so far with no prop on at all.

Yeah its a shame about bud and kris but im sure other things in there life have just become more important then this silly hobby we waist our money on (spoken like a true rc addict). Im sure when the time is right then they will come and join us again.

Been looking at micro quads raz, is there any way you can fly them inverted?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:45 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
heres my 1/10th acme trooper boys

1/10th acme trooper with 3900kv on a 3s very fast (6 min 40 sec)

let me know whatcha fink
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Jun 2009
25,368 Posts
Fekkin thing goes like a cut cat

BJ
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
i know i know me wrikey werily moocho

im gonna have to get some bigger 5000mah 2s lipos to tone down the speed though i think. I dont think it will last long at these ballistic speeds.

I plan to race along the beach with my dads boat in the water to see whos quicker, lols. Should be fun. I know my car will win if it can get traction in the sand.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:56 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Slaanesh has the perfect jet for you BJ, better get onto it quick

im putting a few of my planes up for sale now. Ive had my fun with them and time to move them on.