HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:13 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
yeah sorry my bad. Thats another harness that i got on the side.

Hmmm

Ok so heres what you need ok.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JST-Charg...item56402eafe8

and this meebo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Multi-Cha...item56438121b4

Both are from the same seller on ebay. There both in AUS as well. So it wont take long. There a bit more expensive but wont take weeks to get to you.

Just plug in the bannana connectors to the JST harness and then put the JST 5 splitter cable on to it. The plug in all the JST connectors of the lipos into this.

Then use your parra board and plug it into the 6cell balancing slot. Then on the charger itself choose LIPO and 7.4v @ 1amp. Then start. All 5 will charge it will take about an hour and half.

I use exactly this method meebo for my 2s 7.4 lipos mate. Dont think theres any way to do 6 at a time. Only if you put another splitter off one of the JST cables i think.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:23 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Thanks for the link Stal, I've put the batteries back together and will get the harness.

Do you simply use the harness in the second link and not worry about balance charging ??

The HK parra board does the balancing trick or does this not matter with these batteries ??

I was thinking I had to get 5 x XT60 to JST adaptors and use them to connect to the parra board.
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:25 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
hey BJ have you ever set up flaps on an orange spektrum TX?...
If you're running a DX6i, don't you just plug the second aileron servo into AUX1 and set 'flaps' on your Tx?

BJ

I'm assuming here that you're running a Orange 6CH Rx - not sure how you would go running a 4CH. I think that I'd be able to assign some sort of cross-over on my DX9 to use the Rudder channel for the second Aile on a 4CH, but it would probably be a bit of a piss-fart to do...
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:25 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
yes you need the parra board to balance them

read through my last post again mate
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
Picies
Way to go, Meebo!

That should work, no probs.

Just be darn sure that nothing can move around and short, and I reckon it will work.

Not the safest thing in the world to do - and I'd have the setup clear of anything flammable and ready to hoik out the door if something goes skew-iff.

I know these kinds of things aren't recommended, but what you've set up there is tidy and fairly elegent...

BJ
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
OK so you connect the charge plug directly to the charger and then use the parra board for balancing.

I was going to just connect the parra board to the charger and then go batteries to parra board with the XT60 to JST harnesses using the board for both charging and balancing.

They both do the same anyways right ?
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:33 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,599 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link Stal, I've put the batteries back together and will get the harness.

Do you simply use the harness in the second link and not worry about balance charging ??

The HK parra board does the balancing trick or does this not matter with these batteries ??

I was thinking I had to get 5 x XT60 to JST adaptors and use them to connect to the parra board.
You've basically got the wrong parra board for your JST LiPo's.

You have a couple of choices - get the right parra board, or get XT-JST leads from HK etc.

I always balance-charge everything I've got - probably wise to stick to a balance board of some sorts...

BJ
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,599 Posts
Quote:
OK so you connect the charge plug directly to the charger and then use the parra board for balancing.

I was going to just connect the parra board to the charger and then go batteries to parra board with the XT60 to JST harnesses using the board for both charging and balancing.

They both do the same anyways right ?
Depends on your charger - that parra board is meant for LiPo's with an XT connector - each battery has a 'hot' lead (main + & -) and it's own balance port. The main lead from the parra board goes into the charger, as does the wide white plug balance plug.

Some chargers let you charge direct through the balance port only.

My Swallow won't let me to that - I have to have either both main and balance port connected (for a balance charge), or only the main lead (for a non-balance charge). But it won't start if I only have the balance port connected without the main lead...

BJ
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:10 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Alrighty, just bought those two items you link to Stal plus a 10 pack of JST and XT60 connectors.

Will make up some XT60 to JST leads and use the ones you linked to for charging all my 1S batts.

Guess my maiden shall hafta wait another few days <Meebz throws himself to the floor screaming and chuckin a tantrum>

Shall focus on putting ma mCP X back together and get her flying. Got the Microheli swash, the Rakon Tail Boom Support System and a new tail to put on then I'll fix up a couple of busted frames.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:24 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
I am a ppffhhhucking addict !
So this is where your all hanging out ! thought it was quite on the mSR strand !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:40 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
meebo sounds good mate. That should work for ya at least.

Welcome to my thread Kris.

Hope you had a great weekend mate.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:44 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
ok so heres my hawk 3d 80 built.

I added alot of carbon spa on this one. Its fairly stiffened up now (just like me early mornings). Basically used up odds and ends on this one. Came out pretty good. I mounted the lipo on top of the wing as this is how my hyp snyp is and it flys great. CG should be fine. The motor seems to have a fair bit of punch too.

Just a shame its blowing its tits off here now and i cant maiden it.

Just need a sharpie or posca pen to make it pruddy.

Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:44 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
With me be'in a new member and that...for i better bring some gear.
Enjoy !
Arrow V3 is Back!!! (7 min 22 sec)
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:18 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
OH btw BJ,

I installed that orange spektrum rx with satellite into my extra 260 and with alot of messing around with the tx settings i now have flaps. I have them set at 50% with 20 up on the elev.

So hopefully this will help me land it alot slower and save my prop from snapping. I have been through about 5 or 6 now i think.

My LHS wubs me
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:32 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
I am a ppffhhhucking addict !
So this is where your all hanging out ! thought it was quite on the mSR strand !
B@stard...!!

He found us.... LoL

BJ