Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Question
how to leave feedback, but not from a classified add

i've sold a few items to members through pm's. but when i go to leave them feedback..it says a URL to the add is required. but the item wasn't sold through the classified section....

still want to give the buyer some props for a good transaction !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Make an ad then close it,link your feedback to it.
E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:04 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
then what section was it?
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:43 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
then what section was it?
i was too fast for ya....got your first post
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
FYI~You can also leave feedback for RCG members, even if you did not buy it on the groups.

I buy a lot of stuff from fellow RCG members on Craigslist and you can link their pages (or any other website) to the URL in the feedback report.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:59 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,774 Posts
Trader Rating: 381
"FYI~You can also leave feedback for RCG members, even if you did not buy it on the groups. "
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
It is kinda a gray area, but I figure if I buy something from a RCG member's ad on Craigslist, why shouldnt I give them appropriate feedback for it.

I am not sure, would that be frowned upon? I can only assume it will benefit other RCG users that consider Feedback rating before doing a transaction with someone... Your thoughts?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
It is kinda a gray area, but I figure if I buy something from a RCG member's ad on Craigslist, why shouldnt I give them appropriate feedback for it.

I am not sure, would that be frowned upon? I can only assume it will benefit other RCG users that consider Feedback rating before doing a transaction with someone... Your thoughts?
The transaction didn't originate here, so how can you leave feedback here for it?

Can you sell or buy something here and get ebay feedback for a sale on RCG?
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzi28 View Post
The transaction didn't originate here, so how can you leave feedback here for it?Just because the transaction did not originate here does not take away from the fact that there was a transaction between two RCG members.
Had I gotten ripped off buying from a fellow RCG member, but the deal was on Craigslist; would you find it appropriate to leave bad feedback for that member to warn other RCG users of this person's sleeze or would you not? If you knew his RCG handle, would you post a warning under the "Trader Talk" forums?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:39 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,774 Posts
Trader Rating: 381
Well, yes, a Grey area.
I cannot find any rock solid rules on RCG on this although I just assume that RCG feedback is for RCG members with transactions on RCG only.

As with the RCG member with on offsite situation, and am sorry you got ripped, I do see how the parties involved could leave feadback since there may not be any direct link on RCG to the item(s). One could as well start a thread in Vender and post about the IllBootenGotty situation as some have.

IMO

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:55 PM
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Had I gotten ripped off buying from a fellow RCG member, but the deal was on Craigslist; would you find it appropriate to leave bad feedback for that member to warn other RCG users of this person's sleeze or would you not? If you knew his RCG handle, would you post a warning under the "Trader Talk" forums?
No, I would not leave bad feedback on RCG although I would make a thread and warn others (right after having him or her arrested). The deal didn't originate here. It's pretty simple. Something that happens outside of the site has no bearing on your rating within the site, but of course it's common courtesy to warn others.

As it stands, this feedback system is easily exploitable and it's very easy to build large amounts of fake feedback. There are no checks and measures to make sure that the deal originated here, in a for sale or wanted thread and that a transaction actually took place.

I know of one sports forum that has extremely good and robust feedback rules and uses a modified version of the same plugin that RCG uses. They have some very important differences though:

- Feedback can ONLY be left from a Classified thread. There is a link next to every thread/post in classified that says "Leave feedback for this deal" - all the details of the thread are recorded along with the feedback leaver and receiver to combat feedback fraud.

- Outside feedback on ANY site, regardless of stature is not allowed.

- You cannot link to feedback on a banned account. Once an account is banned, the feedback is invalid.

- Retaliatory feedback is not allowed and people using it as a blackmail tool are banned for life.

They have exhaustive rules for feedback, how it should be left, how to describe the deal and so on. They also have mods dedicated to policing all the feedback left on the site (500,000+ members and 40,000 posts a day) to make sure everything is above board.

RCG could learn a lot from them.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
917 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Personally, I detest exhaustive rules of any kind. Seems like RCG has this feedback system working pretty well and has done so long before you or I arrived on the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzi28 View Post
...As it stands, this feedback system is easily exploitable and it's very easy to build large amounts of fake feedback.... There are no checks and measures to make sure that the deal originated here...They have exhaustive rules for feedback...
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Last edited by daddyrabbit1954; Jun 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
I did not intend to stir things up, but I am just playing devils advocate; here is another scenario:

New guy goes to LHS for his first plane; despite the advice of the staff, he gets a 90mph Stryker Q because it "looked cool".

He gets home, watches videos, realizes this plane is too much plane for him and puts it in the Classifieds as a "Unflown but opended Stryker Q".

The next morning he wakes up to see 50 posts on his thread, pooping on him for having no rating, not posting pics, location, etc.

Knowing there is an active atlanta RC community he puts it on Craigslist and you are the buyer. When you pick it up, he tells you "I am trying to build up my rating on RCG, could you leave feedback for me on this transaction?"

Would you say "No"??
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
917 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
What I am about to say may be some unintended circumvention of the RCG rules. If it is, please forgive me, but I would say: go up on RCG and post an ad for sale, and just after it posts, I will respond to buy it. After that, you and I can leave feedback for each other.
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:27 PM
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
I did not intend to stir things up, but I am just playing devils advocate; here is another scenario:

New guy goes to LHS for his first plane; despite the advice of the staff, he gets a 90mph Stryker Q because it "looked cool".

He gets home, watches videos, realizes this plane is too much plane for him and puts it in the Classifieds as a "Unflown but opended Stryker Q".

The next morning he wakes up to see 50 posts on his thread, pooping on him for having no rating, not posting pics, location, etc.

Knowing there is an active atlanta RC community he puts it on Craigslist and you are the buyer. When you pick it up, he tells you "I am trying to build up my rating on RCG, could you leave feedback for me on this transaction?"

Would you say "No"??
Yes, I would say no. The transaction did not originate on RCG.