HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:24 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Discussion
Gulf Coast Raceway Sunday Houston Texas

Meeting up with some folks, come with a bike and off road!!! Porter Texas, Mike's Hobby Shop off 59 North!!
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Good day, wish a few more people would show up. But next go round please everyone in the area keep watch on this thread. I will post before every visit. It was Nice to see Will and his SB5 again. Also my new roomate built my RTR GPV-1 and had a hard time but at the end of the day was able to make a few corners one after another. He is now rebuilding it with all the carbon and alloy parts i left over. Video and pictures will be up in a few days!!!!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:39 PM
Joined Jun 2006
291 Posts
Figured out why the sb5 was so squirrely. Turns out the rx is browning out and causing hesitation/glitching in the servos. Time for a couple of caps or an external bec.

rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
i will be there this sunday with my GPV along with one if not two others! maybe we can get this thing going!
Mantisworx is offline Find More Posts by Mantisworx
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Will!!!! this sunday again, maybe for you can make it out before you cross the pond for a month. We should be their around 8-9 am central. Bring the back up SB5!
Old Jul 03, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
well another day at the track with the houston locals. Four people this time. Better turn out then usual. I know 4 only is not a lot. But here is the good news.

We are going to run a race soon. Its run what you bring. 1/8 or 1/5 it does not matter. Have a transponder handy the track does not provide one. The date is not published yet, but in the near future (month or so maybe sooner) We just want to get one race under our belts for the starters. Sooooo.. please all Houston Texas locals be on the look out on the forums for a R/c on road bike race soon. So far the total of acually racers would be 6 as of now. It would be nice to have enough for two heats so we can have corner workers with knowledge of starting a bike off after a spill etc. Rpedro!!! you would be seven!!! we dont care if you have a off road bike you want to race. Bring it!!!!

Until next time. Happy fourth of july and be safe!!
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:37 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,191 Posts
Just ask the race director if you could use 45 seconds of the driver's meeting to demonstrate how to properly launch a marshalled bike. We did that for years, and still do it when we race with the 1:8 and 1:10 program rather than our regular 1:5 car guys.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:37 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Sunday the 10th. Early to close. Mikes Hobby shop. Bikes, f1, and short course.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:40 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
looking into this still, leaning on the new Nuova Faor 509 electric... I must have it... thoughts???
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
as of right now there will be four 1/5 scale bikes if you get one! Brent just got a new NF, X has a thunder tiger, will an SB5. im pretty sure we will just race them all together at least for the first few races. performance wise the venom's are quicker especially Clay's but im not far behind! this sunday i will be testing roller bars and slipper's for the venom.
Mantisworx is offline Find More Posts by Mantisworx
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
It has been fun with all the new guys showing up. I was able to see the anderson with the rear gyro this weekend. More and more people are coming out of the wood work Ryan, you have been talking about showing up for a long time... I think its TIME you show up. Even if you dont have anything to run.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
Can't wait

Can't wait to start racing the bikes. Been practicing everyday and getting better. So watch out clay on coming for ya. By the way my SB5 will b here next week.
Exavior1221 is offline Find More Posts by Exavior1221
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:45 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
More and more people are coming out of the wood work Ryan, you have been talking about showing up for a long time... I think its TIME you show up. Even if you dont have anything to run.
I agree with clay. Thats what I did last year waiting for the vmx to come out. Although the local track (dirt) had no bikes to watch, I still watched the races with my son a few times. Take a camera and a tripod and shoot video/pics for the guys racing. Once you have a bike you'll be too busy having fun. Post it on youtube with name of track and maybe you'll pick up a few more guys interested in getting into the hobby if they know whats up.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
I agree with clay. Thats what I did last year waiting for the vmx to come out. Although the local track (dirt) had no bikes to watch, I still watched the races with my son a few times. Take a camera and a tripod and shoot video/pics for the guys racing. Once you have a bike you'll be too busy having fun. Post it on youtube with name of track and maybe you'll pick up a few more guys interested in getting into the hobby if they know whats up.
Plus we can always use an extra marshall. I got my HOR up and going, hopefully I can make it over to Mike's sometime soon.

rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:33 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
It has been fun with all the new guys showing up. I was able to see the anderson with the rear gyro this weekend. More and more people are coming out of the wood work Ryan, you have been talking about showing up for a long time... I think its TIME you show up. Even if you dont have anything to run.
I agree... I am really wanting to get this thing asap, now that I am off Sats and Suns, looks like I will be able to invest the time I want... it also seems like the track is really close to The Woodlands... Even better... Any other info about the time you guys are there etc???
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro