HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:06 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Sep 2010
768 Posts
Rave
Castle Creations customer service. WOW!

For the first time, I had some trouble with a new CC T-Bird esc. I emailed customer support, expecting to wait and wait. Surprise! I got an almost immediate response. Trouble-shooting suggestions were given and used. When trouble-shooting failed to find a problem. CC sent me a new esc which arrived 3 days later. Enclosed was a postage-paid padded envelope in which to return the troubled esc.

Communications, help and response were quick, polite and helpful.

Kudos to Castle Creations!

Dave
ombudsman is online now Find More Posts by ombudsman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:26 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,612 Posts
I've had a similar experiece with CC several years ago when I managed to heat the ESC to the point where the components slid to the low side. Fortunately, the plane ws on the ground at the time and nothing happened when I throttled up.

I wound up getting a new CC-45 ESC to replace the old one, plus my old bullet connectors (wires cut). No charge.

Bad news is that I haven't had a lot of flying since then and haven't put the new unit into an airplane. Between work and flying Depron, no largish models were built and flown.
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:30 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
+1 on CC service and support
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:35 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,044 Posts
CC has always been great at customer support. Makes it worth the consideration of buying the ESC's even if they are not the cheapest!

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:52 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
Me too, nothing but good things to say about CC. Called last week, they answered the phone and my question and got me back in business. Kudos.
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:41 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
I actually called them today and they answered after 2 minutes or so...got my questions answered and I'm happy- what more can you ask for.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
58 Posts
I had an issue with a brand new out of package ICE LITE 50 that fried two new Lipos. They took care of the ESC but couldn't do anything about my Lipos. Kinda sucks that i'm out 2 pricey packs because of a ESC problem.
blackzrx is offline Find More Posts by blackzrx
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2008
124 Posts
Same here. I called them with some general questions and they were polite and took the time to answer my questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I actually called them today and they answered after 2 minutes or so...got my questions answered and I'm happy- what more can you ask for.
derdude is offline Find More Posts by derdude