SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,039 Posts
Have you flown the EP Super Sportster yet? How do you like it?

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Hi
Yes that was my first plane I have flown since coming back to RC planes sans fuel. It is nimble and predictable, plenty fast if you want but will glide nicely at less than half throttle and lands dead stick or you can drive it in. It was great to get a safe flight or two in with that. It's only weakness is that it is small and light. over 10 mile winds can be a little bouncy but 3 other club members have flown it now and all thought it was a sweet flyer, one is thinking about it as a new funflyer for his fleet.
The big Seniorita, while not as beefy as my old Kadet Mark II, is bigger and can handle wind without a whimper.

The other plane in the picture is my old Sig Hummer that was 2 channel .051 now converted to 4 channel and electric. It has not had a successful flight yet since it's conversion. It was a wild hornet when on fuel and I think it may still have a lot of those tendencies. It is too much for me right now.

The last plane is the new Parkzone Ultra-mini Corsair,way under 2 oz. It is cute as a bug and can't fly in wind any better than a bug. I have not had a successful flight with that yet, but a fellow at our club tried and while a nerve racking experience, he did get it around a few small laps before declaring defeat to the 5-8mph and variable winds. I would like to try it again if we ever get some zero MPH days.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Jul 21, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:11 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
IMHO the Mark II will handle winds fairly well, Get another cheap motor and stuff it in there, You can always share the battery packs and ESC. A motor for it should only set you back 40.00 or so.

Highflier

PS. I miss my Kadet Mark II. First plane I ever built and she was a beauty, to bad she tried to salute a flag pole, Came down in many peices
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:45 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
I got a great deal on a Sig/China Seniorita ARF. The Infinity motor I planned as a possibility for the old nitro Sig Kadette MKII I had is SUPER in the Seniorita. I am not sure that I will pursue the old nitro Kadet for a while.
I loved it for it's durability and flying ability 20 years ago. For Ice and water flying I probably won't want to fly the Seniorita. I may look for a bit more motor for the old Kadet for that stuff.

But for anyone interested, the Great Planes/Electrifly SeaWind Seaplane is really nice. I can fly that off water as easily as any other land plane on land.

Thanks for all your help and ideas in getting my old Sig Kadet off the ground again.

John in Merill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:35 AM
Tom, Oslo, Norway
Oslo, Norway
Joined Apr 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
The specs on the Turnigy motor are either a startling new breakthrough in brushless motor technology and power, a blatant lie,

Jack
Exactly my thoughts. Anybody who's got this motor and can give us the true numbers?
Biplan is offline Find More Posts by Biplan