HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:44 PM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
Is there such a thing as "Dreaded WEDGIE Flap?"

My wedgie seems to 'flap' when I pull out of a high speed dive. I've never heard of that before!

It's only taken a few hits - and they've been very minor. There's no evidence on the outside of any damage - before I strip & re-cover it, I was wondering if they're something I've missed.

It's always flown great, the only change I made was the prop (gunther 5x5 became a Graupner Speed CAM 5x5)

Thanks
Helicool is offline Find More Posts by Helicool
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:54 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,860 Posts
maybe just elevon flutter, but yes a wedgie can be made to flap....is the whole wing flapping visably, or are you just hearing a buzz? It's been my experience, that once you get the "flap", you will have no doubt that it is there, no "seems to" about it

Later,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:40 AM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
The whole wing 'flutters' (almost like a bird in trouble out of an old Bugs Bunny cartoon ) again, only when pulling out of a hi-speed dive.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:43 AM
NM
Joined Jun 2002
274 Posts
I solved it in mine by taking the bottom covering off , and adding a carbon fiber spar.
I used a .100 rod.
my second one I added it when I built it.

Dick Roberts ,
Flyguy55 is offline Find More Posts by Flyguy55
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:55 AM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
An inanimate carbon rod! I'll try that!

Thanks!