Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,603 Posts
Naval Air Station

I thought you guys might like to see this pics from the Naval Air Station at Pensacola, Florida. I was vacationing there last week and got to see the Blue Angels practice at their home field. The bonus was seeing the T-6 II Texan and the Goshawk.

Enjoy...Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:37 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
I have picked up UniqueModelRC's product line, and am looking for feedback from owners of the PC-9 and T-6 about what replacement parts you would like to see stocked. It looks like retracts are up there.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:01 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
So besides EZ, where can I get this airplane?
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:34 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Our site is ABONG-RC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGinCanada View Post
I have picked up UniqueModelRC's product line, and am looking for feedback from owners of the PC-9 and T-6 about what replacement parts you would like to see stocked. It looks like retracts are up there.
What a timely post -- just took my T-6 out today, since some friends and I were going to use a paved runway flying site. The plane worked spectacularly; taking off and landing with ease for five batteries.. But my every day strip is grass, and the plastic framed-retracts in this plane are just not up to the conditions there -- the front retract frame has cracked and been reglued, then the leg is folded back a few degrees.

So for me, retracts would definitely be nice, especially if they were made out of better/stronger plastic than the original rather weak stuff, or even metal-framed.

It's flown so well and reliably for me that I have never even though about spares til now, even the four-bladed prop. But that's another spare people would likely want.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:10 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
I fail to see how the post that was here violated the rules, but apparently it did. Comment redacted.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RGinCanada; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:39 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I've owned mine for over a year now, and it has held up remarkably well. This is a true gem of a plane that I wish more people knew about.

Over its lifetime, there have only been a handful of maintenance issues. I had to cannibalize a T-50 retract to replace a main gear threaded shaft, had to tighten down the plastic bracket that holds the retract motors in place, and also had to sand down the prop edges from a minor prop strike (My fault, 30-mph crosswind gusts!). That's over a full year of flying it though... It is EXTREMELY well built, for something that comes Plug-N-Play!

Retracts, control boards, and props should be just fine for this one. You might consider stocking a few complete wing sets, but I'm not sure how many you'd actually sell.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:02 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
I love mine, but had to quit flying it on grass -- just too much of a beating for the gear.

It flies great off of a hard runway, and always draws appreciate comments both in the air and on the ground.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:51 AM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,780 Posts
Subscribed

G'day gents,
I have read all posts on this thread and have found most to be very useful, particularly those associated with the nose wheel mount and the prop.
Thanks for your info, mine has been ordered and will look real nice under the tree this Christmas.

Rich, thanks again for your very informative videos, I will be watching the tips on assembly again once my model has arrived.
Cheers to all

Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:11 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
A shipment of replacement parts arrived. I've updated our inventory, and they are now available on our website. If there is anything else you would like to see added, just drop me a PM!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Awesome! Glad to know those are there if I prang mine -- I now intend to fly it a lot more!

Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
t6a

I have a new t6a from uniquercmodels. It came from easytiger. They are the distributor for this airplane in the USA. I have bound it to a spektrum and a futuba radio. The retracts do not work with either radio. Nothing except the rudder and elevator work with the spektrum radio. Can't figure out what is wrong. Have emailed easytiger and unique factory in china for help. Waiting on reply from both.
woodworker30 is offline Find More Posts by woodworker30
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
109 Posts
We also have this plane, here in stock in the USA. Not drop shipped from overseas.
We have parts in stock:
Landing gear
Motors
ESCs
Struts
Props
Spinners in chrome(not black!)
servos
PLANES!
Give us a shout for your needs.
applehobby is offline Find More Posts by applehobby
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:16 AM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,780 Posts
Assembly Started

I have started the assembly of my RAAF PC9 version of this model.
The wing has been straight forward, BUT, the wires for the Rx have been incorrectly labelled!
I was struggling to work out why the speedy (ESC) wouldn't initiate, for two days, then thought, I wonder if the wires are incorrectly labelled.? I traced the throttle wire from the speedy, and found it labelled '3' ! ?? !
So, that is now sorted, I will attempt to get as far as I can with the assembly tonight, with the aim being to maiden in the am 30 December.

I am keen to get another Aussie Warbird into the skies.

Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
109 Posts
We still have planes and parts in stock, if anybody wants them...
applehobby is offline Find More Posts by applehobby