Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
United States, IN, New Castle
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
Discussion
micro problems

guess im in write area,didnt seea forum area.i have a micro raptor and i got a brushless 3 wire motor and a 10A esc . the esc has bigger type plug that goes to reveiver and i order 3 servo but there the smaller type.problem is i need the bigger size.pictures below.how to solve problem? guess i could solider a big plug on servo.do they make a plug to connect to bigger plug ,a reducer or step up.all my receiver are big style so going bigger on servo is est bet if can be doneor i could soilder a small one on esc and get a different type receiver.also the wiring on small goes outside red, black in middle and gray on other outside.the big one is outside black red in middle and white on other.red and black are switched any imput would be helpful.
shepster is online now Find More Posts by shepster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:00 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepster View Post
guess im in write area,didnt seea forum area.i have a micro raptor and i got a brushless 3 wire motor and a 10A esc . the esc has bigger type plug that goes to reveiver and i order 3 servo but there the smaller type.problem is i need the bigger size.pictures below.how to solve problem? guess i could solider a big plug on servo.do they make a plug to connect to bigger plug ,a reducer or step up.all my receiver are big style so going bigger on servo is est bet if can be doneor i could soilder a small one on esc and get a different type receiver.also the wiring on small goes outside red, black in middle and gray on other outside.the big one is outside black red in middle and white on other.red and black are switched any imput would be helpful.
The wires are Red +, Black - and White is Signal.

Wire order in the plug varies by MFG, but those colors are pretty much standard.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
can u use bigger plugs on servos with have a small plug
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:13 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepster View Post
can u use bigger plugs on servos with have a small plug
Sure. They are heavier than the JST's, but they work fine.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:15 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
You can use any size plug which fit the Rx, as long as the polarity and signal match. The larger black plug is JR type, the smaller white plug seems to be mini-jst with negative in the center.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
you think this is best route to take since everything else matches except servos
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
If you have a DSM2 TX (6I or better) you should buy someones torn up 4-Site or Extra 300. Keep your motor and buy a XP-7A ESC. This would be a lighter setup but then your dumping more money in it. What TX are you using?
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
sold my dx 6i ,i have a dx6 with ar6000 receiver or my aurora 9 using a assan receiver it is small. i got 2 parkzone cirbira centurion cessnas that have thr brick type in them i guess i could use
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
got the plane for 20 motor 20 servo i think 23 10 for esc and 10 for battery,hate to dump more money in it.i though the servo had big plugs then id be set.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:01 AM
Sydney
Joined May 2004
326 Posts
You have several potential problems:
1. The two different servo plugs are also different polarity. The big plug with the red in the middle may be from or for an old Samwa receiver, they had the polarity reversesd to everyone else. I do not know of any modern radios which use this polarity. If you are using a modern radio you need to switch the red and black wires. Use the piont of your model knife to open the plastic catch which retains the brass fittings, then swap the two wires over in the plastic case.
2. The small connectors look like JST but might be the smaller Spectrum type. Either way if you want to use these servos you need to change the plug. Best to cut the leads and solder on the new ones and use heatshrink to insulate the joints from each other.
3.The servos with the small connectors are sometimes made for low voltage, ie for 1 LiPo cell operation. If this is the case you will burn them out if you apply more than 4.2v
4.The ESC you have looks like its not for 1 cell so will have a BEC to give 5v to the reveiver and the servos.
5. The motor you have is small and is rated at 7000KV which is too big for 2 cell operation especially for this type of model. It might work if you can fit it to a gearbox but its hardly worth the effort when better motors are so cheap.
6. I can not see how big the model is but it looks too big for the motor.

Not good news but you do seem to have some good stuff but it does not seem to all fit together. Best get some good advice before buying anything else. Hope you get your model to fly.
phil stevo is offline Find More Posts by phil stevo
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
Got them a couple days ago from hobbyking,instead of openin the case to switch wires couldnt i just wire them different.the best thing i guess i could do is get some 2.5 g servos with big plugs,just not sure where to get em ,then sell the 3 hk servo.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:20 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
This 2.5 grams servo comes with JR/Futaba plug but is OOS right now:
http://www.rc-modules.com/page8.php?...6&category=13#
The Blue Bird BMS-303 also has JR plug but weight 4 grams:
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...93&pid=V174359
Most sub-micro servos comes with either mini-jst or micro Molex (Futaba) to save weight. mini-jst has a different order for polarity(Signal,Ground and V+)
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:52 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,564 Posts
Phil has it backwards!!. The black plug has the right polarity for JR, Futaba and most of the other radios. If you wire it with the black in the middle, you'll smoke things!!. The small servos you have are wired for the JR 6300 rcvr which is the only exception for JR. If you want to use them for your AR6000, wire them the same as your black connector with the red in the middle. I have the AR6300 with those small servos in a Pogo vto on two cells.

Gord
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
Joined Mar 2010
282 Posts
i have a dx6 with ar 6000 receiver and a aurora 9 . for the small planes im using assan with 4 ch receiver. if i change plugs will it work with either tx
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,564 Posts
Yep. wire it up the same as the black Futaba/JR plug and it will work with all three rcvrs. as long as the Assan is the same type plug connector on thr rcvr. Just make sure the colour code is set up the same as the black plug.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2