SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:59 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
Pitstop000's Avatar
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khymlawrence View Post
i still will wait for the xg11 or a modular xg11zero(modular).. if there will be.. )
You will see a XG11 based on information but not a modular version.

The 11X Zero was as I see it to bridge a gap between RFís
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:41 AM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
Pitstop000's Avatar
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
(Impression of XG8 told by F3A flyer Mr. Hatta.)

F3Aパイロット八田氏が語る XG8の魅力(Impression of XG8 told by F3A flyer Mr. Hatta.) (3 min 26 sec)
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:29 AM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
Pitstop000's Avatar
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
Whatís being said about DMSS?

What is JR DMSS?

Dual Modulation Spectrum System is JR's own 2.4GHz protocol. Although a late entry to the 2.4GHz market, DMSS can be considered as the truly 'state of the art' method of providing radio control for model use. And since JR have not rushed their own 2.4 protocol into production, they have been able to incorporate the very latest techniques for 'Wideband Data Transmission' into the next generation of JR radio control sets.

DMSS combines the best features of Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) and Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) protocols. FHSS is great for avoiding interference and DSSS offers high response. JR DMSS combines both these attributes, having both frequency hopping and high response.

The JR DMSS system uses a greater than 3Mhz wide signal as compared to the majority of others which utilise a much narrower [1Mhz or less] signal.

If we know anything about spread spectrum signals, the wider base signal [3Mhz Vs 1Mhz] allows for a huge increase in noise and interference immunity performance and at the same time allowing for much faster data bandwidth/throughput.

The fact that DMSS is actually using quite a wide bandwidth signal is a huge advantage in 2.4GHz performance and it will provide superior performance over any other current 2.4GHz system that is currently available.

DMSS also offers 'Two-Way Communication' (telemetry) with receiver voltage monitoring as standard. Other types of sensor are due soon, with Temperature and RPM sensors being the next types to become available from JR in late June.

However, probably the most important thing about JR DMSS is that it is 100% pure JR, with no involvement from any other outside company. This means that JR are back in full control of product development, so they can now concentrate on doing what they do best - making what are arguably the world's best quality radio control systems
.
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:25 PM
Registered User
guy hanson's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000 View Post
What is JR DMSS?

Dual Modulation Spectrum System is JR's own 2.4GHz protocol. Although a late entry to the 2.4GHz market, DMSS can be considered as the truly 'state of the art' method of providing radio control for model use. And since JR have not rushed their own 2.4 protocol into production, they have been able to incorporate the very latest techniques for 'Wideband Data Transmission' into the next generation of JR radio control sets.

DMSS combines the best features of Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) and Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) protocols. FHSS is great for avoiding interference and DSSS offers high response. JR DMSS combines both these attributes, having both frequency hopping and high response.

The JR DMSS system uses a greater than 3Mhz wide signal as compared to the majority of others which utilise a much narrower [1Mhz or less] signal.

If we know anything about spread spectrum signals, the wider base signal [3Mhz Vs 1Mhz] allows for a huge increase in noise and interference immunity performance and at the same time allowing for much faster data bandwidth/throughput.

The fact that DMSS is actually using quite a wide bandwidth signal is a huge advantage in 2.4GHz performance and it will provide superior performance over any other current 2.4GHz system that is currently available.

DMSS also offers 'Two-Way Communication' (telemetry) with receiver voltage monitoring as standard. Other types of sensor are due soon, with Temperature and RPM sensors being the next types to become available from JR in late June.

However, probably the most important thing about JR DMSS is that it is 100% pure JR, with no involvement from any other outside company. This means that JR are back in full control of product development, so they can now concentrate on doing what they do best - making what are arguably the world's best quality radio control systems
.
How many times have you posted this?
It is a nice promotional piece and reminds me of Ford ads which claimed "only Ford can give you Thunderbird styling". which was true--
Being late comers to the world of 2.4 - they have had the advantages of watching all the other systems -so they should get it right !
The real world is that how 2.4 works is no secret anymore - The very inexpensive stuf sold with RTF models works extremely well.
So I wish em luck--It's a BIG marketplace and lots of new stuff being introduced everyday.
The marketing arm really has it's work cut out .
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:51 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
Pitstop000's Avatar
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson View Post
How many times have you posted this?
Well Dick, It is the First time!



How many times have you posted this?

Name: chicken little.JPG
Views: 44
Size: 32.2 KB
Description:

Ha ha ha ha LOL LOL !
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 03:11 PM
Registered User
guy hanson's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
As often as I saw it was applicable
It seems there are plenty of handwringers here so expect to see it again
nudge ,nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:02 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Pitstop000 vs. guy hanson FIGHT!

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:26 PM
Registered User
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Pitstop000

As I see it you have nothing save for their announcements and ads .

I know of no one who can comment on the real article . That would be of real interest .
Repetition of their release has done nothing for me except make it seem like a total rehash of Spektrum's DSMX ads.
Not a bad thing BTW !

Frankly that's all that they are saying but in a new way . JR's way - perhaps .

I've already indicated to you that I was interested in what it really is . I.E. hands on .
I find no joy in less than that .

Why don't you wait until we have more than conjecture and 'hoped for' results.
At the moment you've no more real information than I have, or that anyone else has .

If you will reread the ad's / announcement you will see that it sounds more and more like a repeat of Spektrum's DSMX presentation and each time I look at it / read it, it seems even more so.
The final result may be that they fall short or that they have a small difference
in how they reach that end .

After reviewing it I see little hope that there will be an "earth shaking" anything .

Now, let's wait for the real article and compare it when it is available .
Only then will we have anything definitive .


__________________________________
P.S. I really am non-plussed about why you and a few others are so Anti Spektrum !
All they did was bring the RC world and the RC modeler the 2.4GHz revolution .

Seems to me that deserves praise not criticism .

Their nearest competitor was Futaba who took one full year to get something to the market place and then they had the Zero GUID problem . Today their FASST system works well .
Working on 2.4GHz full range ? No they were not .
Neither was anyone else .

The way I look at it is that without Spektrum we'd still be on 72; 50; 35 etc. MHz PCM .
It is quite clear no one else was pushing the envelope save for Spektrum.
They are due our thanks first.

Then if you wish to criticize go to it .
But remember who brought you to the dance !

They certainly have my thanks and admiration .
I fly both JR and Spektrum brands without the first incident of any kind ! 2.4 GHz DSM2 since 2006 now DSMX also .
Tightest systems I've ever had my hands on bar none and bar no price point either !

When I started RC the best you could possibly buy would bite you regularly .
Not today .

Thanks Spektrum. 'Cause you led the way .
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Last edited by onewasp; Jul 09, 2011 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2005
11 Posts
Hey everyone,

I started this post asking for feedback from owners, but I don't think there've been many (any?). Just like to repeat my initial call...anyone? Simply curious to know what people think after trying it out at the field etc. Thanks!

Rgds,
Ken
KenChoo is offline Find More Posts by KenChoo
Last edited by KenChoo; Jul 09, 2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Change of wording
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:04 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
Pitstop000's Avatar
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp View Post
Pitstop000


I've already indicated to you that I was interested in what it really is . I.E. hands on .
I find no joy in less than that .
Onewasp, I have to agree with you.

I was just putting out some information that has been available through different sources, that some might not have been privy to.

Since Iím not a patient man to wait for Horizon Hobby to announce either way whatís up.

I have gone ahead and have a JR XG8 DMSS ďBlackĒ on the way to me.

It really only needs to impress me !

Iím also a handís on guy and no article or review has ever been enough.

The module for my 11x zero is too far out for this season, the reason for another radio purchase.
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000 View Post
Well Dick, It is the First time!



How many times have you posted this?

Attachment 4132403

Ha ha ha ha LOL LOL !
Hahahaha, LOTS and lots, even whe nthe poster was correct.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp View Post
_________________________________
P.S. I really am non-plussed about why you and a few others are so Anti Spektrum !
All they did was bring the RC world and the RC modeler the 2.4GHz revolution
Guy and others like to type cast me as being "Anti-spektrum" quite honestly, I am not. I LOVE my Dx6 transmitter *NOT the Dx6i* and couldn't have asked for a better first radio in this hobby. I still have my original Tx and Rx and even flew them this evening. Rock solid even for an out dated/obsolete/discontinued product.

That being said, the Dx6 was a JR transmitter with a Spektrum RF - so the core of it's reliability is due to JR's quality, the core of it's RF link is Spektrum. The Dx7 came later, same excellent track record of reliability and function with some to be desired menu/set up wise. The Dx6i comes along, no longer based on/contracted to JR and it has recalls and reliability problems(gimbals, menu bar) and all around even Spektrum lovers will tell you it feels cheap in the hand and at the controls. Dx8, the second transmitter Spektrum has offered entirely of it's own design, again has lots of issues, recalls and I cannot even count the number of firmware patches just to get all the features functioning safely. Have they worked it out completely? I believe they are still releasing firmware updates so I am guessing not quite yet.

I have NO problem with spektrum, I am however disappointed by their most recent additions to the Spektrum product line that have had some major production and firmware problems. Are the innovative still? Absolutely. I just want some more reliability and I will be on board as I was the Dx6 and Dx7/se.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:58 AM
Registered User
Australia
Joined Nov 2005
323 Posts
Usability? XG8 and DX8

For anyone that has actually owned or tried a DX8 and XG8, are there any comments on the usability - menus, settings, modes, etc?

(I have used a DX8 and was very pleased indeed with the controls, menus, etc so keen to hear comparisons).

thanks
boltor is offline Find More Posts by boltor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
Registered User
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000 View Post
Onewasp, I have to agree with you.

I was just putting out some information that has been available through different sources, that some might not have been privy to.

Since Iím not a patient man to wait for Horizon Hobby to announce either way whatís up.

I have gone ahead and have a JR XG8 DMSS ďBlackĒ on the way to me.

It really only needs to impress me !

Iím also a handís on guy and no article or review has ever been enough.

The module for my 11x zero is too far out for this season, the reason for another radio purchase.
_______________________________

Fair enough .
I look forward to your comments / comparison .
Even if you choose the PM method to deliver them .
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,971 Posts
Quote:
P.S. I really am non-plussed about why you and a few others are so Anti Spektrum !
All they did was bring the RC world and the RC modeler the 2.4GHz revolution .

Seems to me that deserves praise not criticism
Praise for innovation yes.... criticism by their methods and tactics
theaton56 is online now Find More Posts by theaton56
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rave JR XG7 DMSS thread NEW!! Mikarro Radios 81 May 03, 2014 12:39 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX8 vs. JR XG8 Pippin Radios 118 Nov 10, 2013 11:12 PM
Discussion JR XG7 DMSS & DSM2 rx sidneyw Radios 2 Apr 03, 2011 12:08 PM
Discussion Jr xg7 dmss khymlawrence Radios 1 Mar 29, 2011 01:15 AM
Off Site Jr xg7 dmss khymlawrence Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Mar 28, 2011 09:02 PM