HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by demondriver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:52 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,829 Posts
is that 767 falling over in the background chris go prop it up before it falls and gets a bad case of hangar rash
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:04 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
is that 767 falling over in the background chris go prop it up before it falls and gets a bad case of hangar rash
It's O.k. K It's just on an angle because the stand is broken, I hope to fly it soon!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:46 PM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
Hee demondriver!

She's looking better and better as you progress. In your first movie you said that you probably were going to cutout and hinge all controls. Did you? Is it really necessary on foam planes? what kind of hinges did you use?
Marrone is offline Find More Posts by Marrone
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:23 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
Hee demondriver!

She's looking better and better as you progress. In your first movie you said that you probably were going to cutout and hinge all controls. Did you? Is it really necessary on foam planes? what kind of hinges did you use?
Hi Marrone that's a great question, I find plastic hinges seem to hold up better than tape or the foam itself, I've cut out all the control surafces & an now ultracoting them before re-attachtment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:35 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
I found that the Windrider decals have a non-glossy matte finish so I glossed them up with Testors-model master high gloss
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:44 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
A bit of decals & some Ultracote & we have some progress on the Windrider 737!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
Just to inform you in case you did not know. There have been some problems with the landing gear experienced and described by the guys in the other rc groups windrider topic.

The landing gear appears to bend when landing on hard surfaces. Therefore the wire in the landing gear needs to be replaced with a 4mm steel wire, the spring can be shortened a bit and the shaft should be replaced by a bigger one. (if i remember correctly) it is also advisable to use different edf fans since the standard one that come with the kit seem to have some balancing problems causing the motor to be ripped out.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
Just to inform you in case you did not know. There have been some problems with the landing gear experienced and described by the guys in the other rc groups windrider topic.

The landing gear appears to bend when landing on hard surfaces. Therefore the wire in the landing gear needs to be replaced with a 4mm steel wire, the spring can be shortened a bit and the shaft should be replaced by a bigger one. (if i remember correctly) it is also advisable to use different edf fans since the standard one that come with the kit seem to have some balancing problems causing the motor to be ripped out.
Thanks Marrone! I have also heard about the retract strut wire not being strong enough, I'll replace it with a stronger steel piece or carbon fiber one, & as for the edf's allot of edfs need balancing I just hope that these don't.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined May 2011
42 Posts
looks awsome this is going to be one of the top ones out there
phillipd is offline Find More Posts by phillipd
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipd View Post
looks awsome this is going to be one of the top ones out there
I just do my best Boss, I just hope your happy when you get it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:44 PM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
does the tail of the fuselage not fit perfectly on the main fuselage with you too guys? Concerning alignment that is.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
does the tail of the fuselage not fit perfectly on the main fuselage with you too guys? Concerning alignment that is.
Hi Marrone the windrider 737 has to be "eyeballed" when you epoxing it or hot-gluing it into position in order to inshure it's perfectly verticle.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:16 AM
Gravity manager
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined May 2011
71 Posts
Thanks demondriver, but are we talking about the same?

When fitting the back fuselage in to the front fuselage part, you have these rectangular of foam on the inside that are there to align the two parts. When putting mine in without any forcing, the alignment of fuselage is not correct. I can get it aligned by forcing but when not forcing it is not aligned. Is this a small flaw inherently to these foam planes or do i have to send mine back. Do you guys also have some dents here and here? I have them. Strange, since it was packed outstanding and there was damage on outside of package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Hi Marrone the windrider 737 has to be "eyeballed" when you epoxing it or hot-gluing it into position in order to inshure it's perfectly verticle.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Quote:
Thanks demondriver, but are we talking about the same?

When fitting the back fuselage in to the front fuselage part, you have these rectangular of foam on the inside that are there to align the two parts. When putting mine in without any forcing, the alignment of fuselage is not correct. I can get it aligned by forcing but when not forcing it is not aligned. Is this a small flaw inherently to these foam planes or do i have to send mine back. Do you guys also have some dents here and here? I have them. Strange, since it was packed outstanding and there was damage on outside of package.
I think I understand Marrone, the rear tail part of the fuselage can be tricky to get lined up but you've gotta try your best, as for dings & dents simply use light-wieght spackle to fill in any dents.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,605 Posts
Here are both 737 halves with decals being added soon I'll epoxy the halves together.
RCG Plus Member