HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by demondriver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie2008 View Post
Hi guys I haven't been on in a while but when I do I get heart break-en news. Just found out some sad news guys, Our dear beloved friend Mr. LarryRoss has passed on but he will never be forgotten. More info here boys. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3931&page=1606
God almighty.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,754 Posts
Demon,
Why do you use strips of monkote as opposed to using the largest piece possible?
Nice looking work.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
Demon,
Why do you use strips of monkote as opposed to using the largest piece possible?
Nice looking work.
The reason I use small strips is its VERY hard to get one large piece to lay across the EP Foam fuse of the Windrider 737 without wrinkling and Impossible to make it around the curves, Some people can do it with Vinlye but you need a heat gun and a heat Gun and EP foam is VERY hazardous Sir.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:30 PM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
912 Posts
how did she fly
Rookie2008 is offline Find More Posts by Rookie2008
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:25 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,449 Posts
Quote:
how did she fly
Who's 737 Sir?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
912 Posts
DD whats up man! The one you built. The one this thread is all about Continental one.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:48 PM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
912 Posts
Hope you don't mind me posting but I pulled out my AA 737 to fix some minor damages, while I was at it I figure I had a extra empty hand so I took pic with old United. I also finished one of my WR777 to. Here are some pic.
Last edited by Rookie2008; Mar 24, 2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:08 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,449 Posts
Quote:
DD whats up man! The one you built. The one this thread is all about Continental one.
Windrider 737-700 Maiden flight! (10 min 49 sec)

It Flew great on its maiden flight, only problem was my 11-volt batteries where old Thunder-power batts that lost most of their punch.

and I maidened it in a HORRIBLE location, I had to land her hard on the grass in order to avoid light posts.

& this 737 does not belong to me Sir, its PhillipD's 737.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
912 Posts
Yes I am fully aware of that I was wondering if you heard anything from him. I saw that video when you posted it but being that you built it I was assuming that you kept in contact with the gentleman. He never posted anything once he got it... Thanks though. That happened to me with my United. I used 1 old Nano Tech 3s 5000 an it was just too weak an stall about 8'. It failed to climb. I learned something new use newer packs with these 737's. Thanks again D/D.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,449 Posts
Quote:
Yes I am fully aware of that I was wondering if you heard anything from him. I saw that video when you posted it but being that you built it I was assuming that you kept in contact with the gentleman. He never posted anything once he got it... Thanks though. That happened to me with my United. I used 1 old Nano Tech 3s 5000 an it was just too weak an stall about 8'. It failed to climb. I learned something new use newer packs with these 737's. Thanks again D/D.
My-Bad, No I haven't heard from him at all, Very busy man in the music & touring business.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2014, 07:19 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
Hi DD

Great information and videos in this blog.

I have just picked up one of Min's 737 kits and I watched the first 3 videos of your build and am hoping that you have the video of cutting the flaps, I think I have worked most of them but was hoping that you have more of the video build logs to post.

With the ultracote, you don't mind having a lot of join lines between each strip? I can see the problem with a large piece and trying to get it smooth - I can remember solarfilm and balsa models being hard enough with a hot iron. I am just concerned about the look of the individual strips, I guess that once you are more than a step away you don't notice them anyway.

love your work!
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Apr 08, 2014, 08:44 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
Hi DD

Great information and videos in this blog.

I have just picked up one of Min's 737 kits and I watched the first 3 videos of your build and am hoping that you have the video of cutting the flaps, I think I have worked most of them but was hoping that you have more of the video build logs to post.

With the ultracote, you don't mind having a lot of join lines between each strip? I can see the problem with a large piece and trying to get it smooth - I can remember solarfilm and balsa models being hard enough with a hot iron. I am just concerned about the look of the individual strips, I guess that once you are more than a step away you don't notice them anyway.

love your work!
I second that! Where can I find your flap how to video?
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2014, 04:59 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
I second that! Where can I find your flap how to video?
I couldn't find any flap how to videos so I made my own (DD hope you don't mind me posting it here):

Windrider 737 flaps (14 min 31 sec)
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Apr 11, 2014, 09:07 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
I couldn't find any flap how to videos so I made my own (DD hope you don't mind me posting it here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt4qILqQd78
Thank You Steve....
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member