I am new to RC and bought a aurora 9 tx. What is this? It came with it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Switch-Har...item2eb5f9fcd1
Chestersdead is offline Find More Posts by Chestersdead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:04 PM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,466 Posts
A receiver switch with charge-jack built in. Very common accessory. Especially used by glow/gas folks or anytime a receiver battery is used.
Ken Myers is offline Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:24 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,715 Posts
As Ken Myers said.

One plug goes into the receiver, the receiver battery goes into the socket, and the "spare" plug can be plugged into your charger so that you can charge without removing the receiver battery from the model.

In the "off" position, the switch stops power going to the receiver, but connects the "spare" plug so that the battery can be charged.

You won't need it if you have an electric-powered model that gets power for the receiver from a BEC.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:02 PM
union township clermont county Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
You may find that your switch harness will come in handy when you bind your receiver. To bind your receiver, you apply power and at the same time push the bind button on the reciver. That takes two hands. If you use an electronic speed control with a bec to bind it takes two hands to plug it in. you need a third hand to push the bind button.
little nail is online now Find More Posts by little nail
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
OK that makes sense...Now that your talking about binding...I thought I binded my rx successfully but when I turn the model back on today...It wasnt binded...Have you heard of this happening? It binds but loses the bind after its turned off. Maybe im doing something wrong...But i have the model saved in my tx.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
union township clermont county Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
Once your receiver is bound, it should stay bound. Make sure you program the fail safe. I didn't, my transmitter gave up the ghost and the plane wound up in the next county. Interesting story. It was a slow stick, they make great free flight models. It was found in a dry creek bed, didn't even break a rubber band. Hitec replaced my transmitter and gave me a new receiver.
little nail is online now Find More Posts by little nail
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:39 PM
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
why did they replace your tx and rx?