SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sl0flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:48 PM
..`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Nov 2008
323 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
For Sale
THE ULTIMATE RC TRUCK - Excellent Condition - $700 + Shipping

You will not find another truck like this.. IMO it is simply the best truck that money can buy and it has had every necessary upgrade to make it nearly BULLET PROOF.

If your not familiar with the Savage Flux HP, it is flat out the craziest, most durable rc truck out there. It will do DOUBLE STANDING BACKFLIPS(see video), then change out the pinion and wheels to make it do highway speeds. I've owned both this and the E-Revo, they both have the Mamba Monster system and I can safely say that the Flux HP wins hands down. My Revo sat broken on the bench... I've got $1400 into this truck, it is completely tricked out and its capabilities go beyond other trucks on the market.

Power System
I always run 4s on this truck, which is extremely fast. When you put 6s in a Flux it is simply insane.. 4s is actually almost controllable. Included in the sale is 2x 6000mah 2s Nanotech batteries in series that are rated 45c constant, 90c bursts. You can even charge them at 5C which equals a 12 minutes charge They put out way more than enough amps to power the Mamba Monster system. On top of that, they provide over 30-45 minutes of driving depending on your throttle/brake usage.

The Mamba system has been waterproofed, all of the wires have been reinforced and the motor has been motor has been shimmed to avoid slipping. I dip all of my ESC's in CorrosionX about every 6 months. It is a safety precaution and it works great.. I'm not saying that you should go drive this truck into a lake, but it is reassuring to know that the Mamba Monster can take some H2O. If you don't know about CorrosionX, see this video... it shows a Mamba Monster being completely submerged in water while running after one treatment. The stuff is pretty amazing.

Drivetrain
Everything is hardened steel. The Mamba Monster power goes from the hardened steel pinion and spur to the HD drive gear. The dog bones are 13mm... the same hardware that is on the XL.

All of this drivetrain hardware has been fitted and correctly shimmed. It is important to note that these Fluxes are most reliable when they have been rebuilt correctly. Making sure everything is shimmed properly will result in much less wear on the parts. After the last rebuild about 2 weeks ago, there was absolutely no significant wear on the gearing or differentials. This truck is ready to go and will probably last all summer without any real maintenance.

The chassis
Many of the parts on a stock Savage Flux HP are already unbreakable, but of course there are weaknesses. I have done my best to build this truck up to be as durable as possible.

The first thing that will happen on a stock flux is the 3mm TVP's will bend, these have been upgraded to 5mm. The knuckles and carriers have been upgraded to Integy Alloy, which I have found to be the most durable. The arms are RPM upper and lower, which have a lifetime warranty never to break. It is important to note that when doing all of these upgrades on a flux requires quite a bit of fitting and sanding. I took great care in making sure that the suspension system was not too tight and everything moves correctly. I should also mention that the shocks have been upgraded to the HPI Big Bores, which provide a nicer ride and they are more durable. And the steering mechanisms are alloy as well... I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, it is too much to list

Remote
Fully programmable 3 channel, large LCD screen and has a 5 model memory. The coolest thing about this remote is that you can dial down the throttle end points to make the truck more drivable, which is nearly essential. For instance if you want your buddy to try the truck out, put the throttle end point to 40% and he will still be wheeling around. Keep in mind, with the 50c Nanotechs, this thing is simply too fast and takes practice to drive correctly. I usually drive my Fluxes at 80% and that is plenty for me

Major Upgrades and Components
TCS Crawlers 5mm TVP's
RPM Upper Arms(Front & Back)
RPM Lower Lower Arms (Front & Back)
HD Drive Gear
Bullet Proof Differentials
Vorza ESC Tray Upgrade
HPI SF-50
Alloy Knuckles
Alloy Carriers
HPI Big Bore Shocks
Alloy steering system
GT3b Fully programmable 3ch remote (this thing rocks!)
2x 6000mah 50c Nanotechs (5C Charge Rate)(25 cycles on them -barely broken in)
+more that I can't think of off the top of my head right now..

I should mention the one weak point on this truck: IT EATS TIRES So I am including a whole bunch of 17 and 22mm wheels and tires.. some are torn up a bit, but after doing some wheel/tire swapping, you should at least get two full sets out of them. This includes Phaltlines, 22mm 5T wheels (+alloy adaptor) and lots of stock Flux wheels, which I have found to be the best for all around driving.

Bottom Line
I spared no expense and spent a great deal of time to make this the ultimate RC truck. It will outperform anything out there and keep coming back for more.

I'm hesitant to sell this truck, but I'm trying to free up some cash for a promising business venture and I need to thin out the hurd a bit.

This is a RTR set up that is truly ready to rock. It includes all the upgrades that I have listed, as well as high quality LiPO's and a nice programmable remote.

I have $1400 into this truck and I'm willing to let it go for $700 w/o radio, $750 w/radio. I will take paypal and charge actual shipping in the continental USA.

Thanks for looking.
Sl0flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sl0flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:54 PM
..`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Nov 2008
323 Posts
I've listed the truck on E-Bay with a Buy-it-now of $750

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fully-Built-Sava...ht_2029wt_1139
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:35 AM
..`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Nov 2008
323 Posts
Sold on ebay
Last edited by Sl0flyer; Jul 04, 2011 at 10:34 AM.