HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 09:31 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
We don't have that many helis at Wytheville. It was a great day and everyone was glad to have the Eagles over.
Barn-E-Stormer is offline Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Last edited by Barn-E-Stormer; May 21, 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add pics
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 08:10 AM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn-E-Stormer View Post
I am going to checkout this new RC truck park in Wolf Creek. Doug has put a lot of time into this and it looks neat.

Check out the pictures on his page.

I fixed him up a truck with FPV and we tried it out today. It looks like driving thru a rocky canyon. Very cool.
Thanks again for setting up the FPV. That was really cool. I'll post some pictures here on RC Groups under crawler section. But here is one for you all. Barn-E driving a truck (and he looked like he was having fun)

Only in the world of RC crawlers do you have blue masking tape holding your radio together.

drw-fj40 is offline Find More Posts by drw-fj40
Last edited by drw-fj40; May 22, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
I started a thread on RC Groups: Wolf Creek RC Scale Park.

I think we will try to make the memorial day event at Glenwood. Hope to see you all there.
Old May 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Dark Yet??
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
Please post some more of the pics here as well. I got some great video with the GoPro and I am in the process of editing it now. We should have been driving with the video from the GP. The angle is so wide it looks like IMAX.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
Quote:
Please post some more of the pics here as well. I got some great video with the GoPro and I am in the process of editing it now. We should have been driving with the video from the GP. The angle is so wide it looks like IMAX.
Can't wait to see the video. I want to get a GoPro.

Here is another shot of the FPV setup that Barn-E put together. This is the best one I have of the screen. You can see the hood of the truck at the bottom & when you would get down in a canyon & couldn't see anything to give the scale away. It was unreal. I'll post some more up in a bit.

Here is the truck with camera. It was an old beater body. we didn't end up having to cut holes in it but didn't want to do that to a good body if we did end up having to.

Last edited by drw-fj40; May 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
here are some more pictures. I posted some of the "truck shots" in the crawler section. These are more RC where you can see some people driving.

Old May 24, 2012, 09:44 AM
Dark Yet??
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
Wolf Creek RC Park Video

Video from Wolf Creek RC Park.

WolfCreek RC Park Short.wmv (5 min 28 sec)
Old May 24, 2012, 04:19 PM
Dark Yet??
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
This Saturday is the Float Fly sponsored by Pirates of the Sky, Princeton. It will be at Glenwood park in Princeton. It is always a good time. I plan on going up about 10:00am. They always serve good food. If anyone wants to ride up with me we can take the trailer and have room for plenty of planes. I would like to see Drew fly is copter over the water. They never see a good heli pilot.
Old May 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
Which one is aileron again?
USA, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Apr 2006
809 Posts
I'm going to have to work on Saturday. I've been really sick since Sunday evening and missed some work.
prototype3a is offline Find More Posts by prototype3a
Old May 24, 2012, 05:07 PM
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
Quote:
This Saturday is the Float Fly sponsored by Pirates of the Sky, Princeton. It will be at Glenwood park in Princeton. It is always a good time. I plan on going up about 10:00am. They always serve good food. If anyone wants to ride up with me we can take the trailer and have room for plenty of planes. I would like to see Drew fly is copter over the water. They never see a good heli pilot.
Are you going Saturday only?
Old May 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2007
78 Posts
Any one flying this weekend?
heli0228 is offline Find More Posts by heli0228
Old May 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
Dark Yet??
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
Yes I am only going Saturday. That is the "public" day, Sunday is more for members only. They don't serve the food.
Old May 24, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Nov 2007
78 Posts
I need someone to mow the field on JUNE 28th or 29th, I will be on vacation that week, and the field needs to be mowed while I am gone or the grass will be so high I will not be able to cut it when I get back, and no one will be able to fly while I am gone. I will mow the grass on June 22 before I go out of town so it will be ok until the 28th. Whoever mows just mow the field not the road or the rough grass around the runway, I will do that when I mow again. Thanks
heli0228 is offline Find More Posts by heli0228
Last edited by heli0228; May 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
Dark Yet??
Joined Dec 2009
1,557 Posts
That's the same week I will be gone to the beach also.
Old May 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Which one is aileron again?
USA, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Apr 2006
809 Posts
If I had more than just a pair of scissors, I would gladly mow it.
prototype3a is offline Find More Posts by prototype3a