SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:32 PM
What's tomorrows forecast?
indiana
Joined Jun 2009
288 Posts
i just tried adjusting the timing on a turnigy esc to high. it stopped squealing but the motor power dies off and then when i hooked my meter to it, it showed max 512watts and 52amps with a 11.1v battery and of course the motor was hot to the touch and smoking after about five seconds of testing.
coinworker is offline Find More Posts by coinworker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:57 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
I wouldn't use the digital servo's hobby king recommends on the Yak, 2 of mine stripped in pretty short order on this plane. If you do use them I would work the hinges in really good by flexing them to the extremes several times before hooking them up.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:04 AM
WoooHooo!!!
USA, CA, Santa Paula
Joined Mar 2007
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
I wouldn't use the digital servo's hobby king recommends on the Yak, 2 of mine stripped in pretty short order on this plane. If you do use them I would work the hinges in really good by flexing them to the extremes several times before hooking them up.
I normally cut my EPP hinges along the hinge line leaving about a inch every five or so inches intact. really loosens up the surfaces and I'm running HItec HS55 on the elevator and rudder with no problems,,, yet. I found that with the recommended servos it was tail heavy. I'm using the recommended servos on the ailerons. I really don't see a need to have the entire control surface hinged.

I leave the inboard and outboard EPP hinge point intact, and cut the hinge line for about 5 to 6 inches and leave an inch intact and repeat all the way along the hinge line.

Hope this is helpful,
Sam
Slammm is offline Find More Posts by Slammm
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hungary, Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg, Csenger
Joined Aug 2010
181 Posts
Thanks for help everybody! Maybe Corona 939 good choice?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._0_13sec_.html
feket663 is online now Find More Posts by feket663
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:07 PM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
123 Posts
Ill take this one.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16260
and hope its fast enough.
Mine is Shipped today. Ill get it to Christmas
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:02 PM
jv8
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jan 2010
139 Posts
Does the removable wing system work well? Are you guys gluing the wings or keeping them removable? Is the airframe stiff enough w/o glue?

My favorite plane at the moment is a Telink SU-29. I like the "big EPP" feel. However, the SU29 doesn't fit in the trunk of my car. So I end up dragging a flat foamy and an ultra-micro or two... but then the wind always kicks up and I wish I had the SU-29!
jv8 is offline Find More Posts by jv8
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
OK... Here is my 2 cents. And remember, I am a team pilot for both companies. BOttom line is that they fly differently. I have both of them. Keep in mind that they were created for 2 different purposes. One was economy, and one was for performance. I am sorry, for economy there is no competition in the two, but the twisted hobbies one put all their efforts into design and performance. Both planes are good... very good. BUt honestly, there is a difference. Maybe you have to be a really good 3d pilot to really feel it... I don't know. BUt there is definitely a performance difference. It is up to the individual as to whether it is worth it to you. There is also, support, delivery and considerations relating to accessible information that are of value as well. Personally, I always feel better supporting high integrity small companies... They drive innovations and performance enhancing improvements. Again.. just my 2 cents.
Thanks very much.
New World Order is offline Find More Posts by New World Order
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:09 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv8 View Post
Does the removable wing system work well? Are you guys gluing the wings or keeping them removable? Is the airframe stiff enough w/o glue?

My favorite plane at the moment is a Telink SU-29. I like the "big EPP" feel. However, the SU29 doesn't fit in the trunk of my car. So I end up dragging a flat foamy and an ultra-micro or two... but then the wind always kicks up and I wish I had the SU-29!
I left mine removable for the first 100 or so flights and it worked fine. There was some flex in high g manuevers that had a slight effect on flight performance I noticed, but not bad. A longer wing rod might help with that. I'm with you on liking the "big EPP" feel..
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:50 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrottflyer View Post
Ill take this one.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16260
and hope its fast enough.
Mine is Shipped today. Ill get it to Christmas
Haven't read much good about these servos. Hard to beat the standard HXT-9 for a solid plastic geared servo. For metal, I like the MG-14s. The Coronas I've got have a good bit of gear slop. Haven't heard many others complain about them though.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:24 PM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
123 Posts
Ill must look when i get it.
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:06 PM
USA, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation for a motor from hobby king?
georgerm is offline Find More Posts by georgerm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Mine is ready for gear minus gluing in the control surface pieces,really considering a pull pull elevator and rudder since i'll be flying it on 3s 1300mah packs and a at2216 or similar outrunner so i left installing those parts for later. The airframe is rigid enough to work well with a pull pull set up,it will save weight and give me more options for balance probably. Glued in the spar and wings with welder glue and everything else,added a industrial size zip tie cut down for a tail skid as well. Really want to get this one flying soon and might borrow gear from another plane to get it flying next weekend maybe.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:45 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Mine is ready for gear minus gluing in the control surface pieces,really considering a pull pull elevator and rudder since i'll be flying it on 3s 1300mah packs and a at2216 or similar outrunner so i left installing those parts for later. The airframe is rigid enough to work well with a pull pull set up,it will save weight and give me more options for balance probably. Glued in the spar and wings with welder glue and everything else,added a industrial size zip tie cut down for a tail skid as well. Really want to get this one flying soon and might borrow gear from another plane to get it flying next weekend maybe.
Great idea on the pull pull on the Yak, it is reallly well suited for it. I should of thought of that when I was stringing extension wires to the tail. I may just go back and do mine pull pull as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:23 PM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
I'm really liking the looks of this. Kevin, are you satisfied with the 2217 on it? Your price for that motor is right in my wheelhouse. Been lusting for a bigger plane, maybe this could be the one.
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:54 PM
USA, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider View Post
I'm really liking the looks of this. Kevin, are you satisfied with the 2217 on it? Your price for that motor is right in my wheelhouse. Been lusting for a bigger plane, maybe this could be the one.
im in the same boat as you right now. love the price and size just need to save up some money
georgerm is offline Find More Posts by georgerm