HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:25 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
OOPPpps..lol. Here is the new F6F I got in my email from Tower Hobbies. Thanks DT. Hope I got it right
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towa2004_e.html

Nice vid
Here's the hobby king one. They actually have some nice stuff but I don't know you can get parts for alot of it. You definitely can't run down to your LHS and get 'em.

click the link in the player to watch it at youtube without the crippled frame-rate.

Flite Test - F6F Hellcat - REVIEW (10 min 0 sec)
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:25 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
930 Posts
Great vid Whirlcap, plane looks really lite. He makes it look so easy. I would go thru alot of glue attempting that stuff now.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:19 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Didn't get the combat one edited up yet. That will take more time but the quick view of the video looks promising. I did get this one of my friend Bill doing more 3D, this time with a Blue Fox biplane. It only took a few minutes to get edited and uploaded. The guy rocks at 3D!
http://vimeo.com/58690305
Very nice Whirlcap. That was some very creative 3D flying there.
Always enjoy your videos.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:28 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Great vid Whirlcap, plane looks really lite. He makes it look so easy. I would go thru alot of glue attempting that stuff now.
I know what you mean there! The opening shot of that video, I am walking back from the field because I was picking my profile foamy up and it s not because I landed it there either . No damage to mine but it is going to take a lot more time before I can fly anywhere near as good as Bill. Getting there though, I can kind of hover but I only do it low as I'm taking off. Really excited about my Slicko 3D build that I am doing right now and I hope it fly's as well as the one I got to try a few weeks ago.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:31 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,973 Posts
Ohh man, what a wonderfull week I am having. Yesterday, Miss Tina and I went to town. She said she had a treat for me. She found and took me to our local "Dollar Tree"!!!!!
OMG, I scored four sheets of foam. Wooot hoooo. $1 each. Just like the kind I got at Wall Mart for $10 each. Cept the WM kind is a little thicker and a little heavier...I think. Not positive yet about that. Can anyone say........"SCRATCH BUILD"?!?!?!? I knew ya could. hahaha hehehe
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Here's the hobby king one. They actually have some nice stuff but I don't know you can get parts for alot of it. You definitely can't run down to your LHS and get 'em.

click the link in the player to watch it at youtube without the crippled frame-rate.

http://youtu.be/AOMByYK5m6M
North,
That's the same Hellcat F6F that Nitroplanes and Banana Hobby sells. It's made by FMS and I'm certain they sell-off their over stock to Hobby King. This means you can get parts from any FMS supplier, like PW-RC or SN Hobbies, (CANADA). Maybe Nitroplanes has leftover stock?

But I think parts would be easy to find. A guy at my field has one -- it flies great!

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:51 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
North,
That's the same Hellcat F6F that Nitroplanes and Banana Hobby sells. It's made by FMS and I'm certain they sell-off their over stock to Hobby King. This means you can get parts from any FMS supplier, like PW-RC or SN Hobbies, (CANADA). Maybe Nitroplanes has leftover stock?

But I think parts would be easy to find. A guy at my field has one -- it flies great!

Mac
Thanks for that info
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:42 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Didn't get the combat one edited up yet. That will take more time but the quick view of the video looks promising. I did get this one of my friend Bill doing more 3D, this time with a Blue Fox biplane. It only took a few minutes to get edited and uploaded. The guy rocks at 3D!
http://vimeo.com/58690305
Very Love the choice of music too

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:22 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
More combat video.

Still trying to kill that Superfly...
Wing Combat II (3 min 55 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:36 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,328 Posts
WC, real snazzy flying there. Nice vid...
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:14 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Ohh man, what a wonderfull week I am having. Yesterday, Miss Tina and I went to town. She said she had a treat for me. She found and took me to our local "Dollar Tree"!!!!!
OMG, I scored four sheets of foam. Wooot hoooo. $1 each. Just like the kind I got at Wall Mart for $10 each. Cept the WM kind is a little thicker and a little heavier...I think. Not positive yet about that. Can anyone say........"SCRATCH BUILD"?!?!?!? I knew ya could. hahaha hehehe
Lee
That is great news, Lee
Here the dollar tree foam aint that cheap, and the EPS & EPP dude at work has been in a bad mood lately.
So what are you planning to build? A wing? A top wing? A medium wing? Something completly different? No matter what you decide, may it be a smooth build
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:32 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,973 Posts
WC, that was a beautifull video brother. Loved it.

NH, thanks buddy. I think this week will go down as one of my best in a very long time. I feel dang near "Human" again. hahahaha. I feel like buying something. LOL. Can't decide what to build. I have everything I would need to do just about anything. Quad, tri, auto, etc... maybe a flying superhero or witch? Maybe a starship from a movie? How about a flying musical instrument? haha. Or can of beans, eh Mike? I figuere, I will go to the HK site (or another), and look around. Find something I would like to buy, and then just build it from the pictures. Just too many options. Isn't that wonderfull? hahahaha
Lee
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:07 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Hey Lee,

Glad to hear things are looking up for ya . I got a couple sheets of "Dollar Tree" and a whole bundle of blue core (fff) foam two years ago and have yet to build anything with it I will eventually though I think. I really want to make one of those hydroflyer's, the one that looks like the Air Hog's Storm Launcher. I even found the plans on line (free). Looks like something you can fly, float or skitter around just about anywhere. . should make a cool plane to fly when there is snow on the ground too.

Had fun making the video, still need two KC camera's. some of those ground shots would have been great from the air but I can only shoot one at a time. Flew yesterday for a while, mostly the Assassin, some Carbon Cub and flew a friends Depron 3D foamy, that one scared me a little. Depron isn't at all forgiving if you mess up. Oh ya, got the Champ up and let some interested park watcher's fly it. . I should be a Champ sales rep. I shot some video too, got a shot of two 900 Popwings tangling up, one went down in real bad shape and the other one didn't have a mark . I have yet to "assassinate" anyone up there. I did manage to run the Assassin full throttle into the ground! Complete blunder on my part and I have not yet looked to see if I got it on video. Did some minor damage, knocked the elevon horns loose and bent the metal motor mount, fixed both right at the park and had another flight. Really love that plane. Once you go "wing" you never (hardly) go back
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:27 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,973 Posts
I have considered the storm launcher and/or that mario cart thingy. Don't know why I didn't do one. Have to say, sounds like fun. Of a catamaran(sp). Heck, decisions decisions. hahahaha
Lee
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:11 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
296 Posts
Video

Whirlcap... Very very nice! Love that KC camera ya got! That is coming in crystal clear here, and oh, that version of sail is my favorite with that piano part, awesome brother! Working on getting a cap like yours done up but with a yellow piper cub taildragger. Couldn't find a champ to put on it, but the cub will look great. Maybe even put the words RC Groups underneath. No propellor on the top though. haaa Ya get get 5 corns from me on this one.

Capt'n
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Last edited by mycaptain; Feb 04, 2013 at 05:21 PM.