HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:33 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
930 Posts
Man, 78 degrees, I cant wait for spring! Sounds like a perfect day for flying Mac. Have a great time buddy.
Captn great F 18 @ F 16 vids
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:23 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Finally!
It's only 49-degrees here, but it's headed toward 78 today and 80 tomorrow, with 1-4mph winds.

Lipos charged... diving into coffee #2 now and then I'll start loading some foam into the car for a nice morning.

I think I'm gonna dump my T-14 jet. It's alotta fun, but I'm liking the "Leaf Jets" (Delta wing) better, so I'll use the electronics from the T-14 to scratch-build an F-22 Raptor w/pusher-prop.

Old Luftwaffe Fred keeps crashing his T-14, so I'll give him the foam airframe.

Mac
Enjoy the warm weather. The East Bay Boys will be out there today in the SF Bay Area flying but it will be a bit colder then that and with 4+ mph winds
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:27 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,966 Posts
Thanks Droptank and Capt'n for those rockin videos! The RC Euro jet and the mysterious sailplane were awesome.
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:59 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Thanks Droptank and Capt'n for those rockin videos! The RC Euro jet and the mysterious sailplane were awesome.
Cool vids indeed. Thanks for sharing. Hey Captn'...about that "mysterious sailplane." You do have your corncob pipe loaded with tobacco right

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:10 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Okay, the weather lady lied!
It was windy and very cool! In the mid-50s, but it felt cold due to the moist air and wind combo.

But most of us flew anyway. It was fun. A few guys stayed grounded - chickens!!!

Mac
PS:
Anyone watching "Wicked Tuna" on National Geographic Channel? Those guys live and are based in my home town in Massachusetts. It's weird to see the old town on TV!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Yes! +1 all the vids are great shares. I don't know why but I like Steam Punk art. I wouldn't display it in my living room but would in my den. It reminded me of this movie called "9" it was something different and nothing like "Monster's Inc" or "Toy Story".
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Found more information on this video due to my own ADD and OCD Just had to know more. I too bought the song on iTunes but found out this isn't the intended music for this video although I think it's a near perfect fit. the making of this video is pretty cool and the original version on Vimeo with the right song is also on Vimeo. I would buy this video for my iPad if I could find it... still looking. I'd take it with the right music (It's good too) but would actually prefer the hacked music version.

Here is the making of "Eye of the Storm"
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:39 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,966 Posts
East Bay Boys play Assassin Soccer

assassin wing soccer with rim shot on goal post (2 min 59 sec)
Last edited by Bluhammer; Jan 26, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
flip side
And here is the maiden of the Rare Bear
Great flying Dave and what a great save there

maiden flight Dave's Rare Bear (2 min 47 sec)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:51 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,966 Posts
Thanks Thomas for doing the video work today bro! Another fun day with the East Bay Boys!
Btw, great job flying the SU-31 3d.

Blu
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Thomas for doing the video work today bro! Another fun day with the East Bay Boys!
Btw, great job flying the SU-31 3d.

Blu

Thanks Bro
Hope the weather is co-operative tomorrow
Looking forward to some more flying
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:11 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Nice video's Blu
Loved the "tink" when they hit I hit one of those posts with my Carbon Cub and yes, it left a mark At least now all the goal posts are stored away at our park.

I got out late today and the wind was up. Just a couple of Assassin flights was all I got in but shot some AV chasing a Popwing. got real close a couple times since I was trying to hit it The video is going to be a challenge to edit for me. I'll see what I can do with it or it will just be a shaky mess. Time to look into some slo-mo effects. Maybe I will get something up this weekend.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:07 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,076 Posts
East Bay Boys

Haha that was some crazy Assassin footage. Like that swedish guy from Flitetest says "It aint fun unless you leave the field in pieces".

The Rarebear was screamin awesome too. For some reason I thought those nano racers were smaller

What a way to start a sunday. Thanks for sharing
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
East Bay Boys

Haha that was some crazy Assassin footage. Like that swedish guy from Flitetest says "It aint fun unless you leave the field in pieces".

The Rarebear was screamin awesome too. For some reason I thought those nano racers were smaller

What a way to start a sunday. Thanks for sharing
Glad you liked it.
We're just out there having fun doncha know "thats how we roll"
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:16 AM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
295 Posts
Ahoy pilots! Thanks for all the nice comments on the AWOLNation Videos. I'm glad to here they were not tooooo far off topic.

DropTank... Those were greeaaat videos! I want that jet! Oh, I'm going to need that pilot too. Does the pilot come with the plane? Like a RTF? haaaa

Whirlcap... AWOLNation, This song was on his pop wing video on the pop wing thread by n00ner420 recently, and a special thanks to him for putting the video up. I googled it up and found these two videos. I didn't click on the "Eye Of The Storm" one. Glad you posted it. Pretty cool if ya ask me! I'm always looking for new songs for my Mp3 player. Wish all the guys would give credit to the artist and song name in there videos. I hate to ask, and I think it's the right thing to do if you use it. I'm going to buy a cd of one of these versions, I just don't know which one I like better. I like them all.

Blu... Very funny video, Looks like you got those assassin's dialed in! They look to be very fast. Now, if we could get better pilots! haaaa Nice fly'n. Oh, looks like that was a close one on the maiden launch of the rare bear. Good thing the pilot didn't eject! Thanks for sharing.

mac... Watching the Rolex 24, thinking about all that warm weather ya got there...you're lucky.

Nothing new here, same o same o. Snow Snow Snow, temp in the 20's. Happy fly'n and keep them videos a coming! Capt'n
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain