4,017 Posts
flip side
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:01 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
It has been warmer in here this week and I did get a couple of lunch hour flights in. Shot a bunch of video but it was all the same o'l same o'l with nothing new. I have been posting a few lately, 8 this month but I have posted all of them here already. I put the link to my main video page on my blog (home) page here if anyone wants to see some of the older ones again without sifting through this thread.

I'm getting over the "bug" myself still and dealing with the lingering cough. I hope all of you out there that are sick get over it soon.

We have rain today and looks like questionable weather in the next few days but hoping to fly Saturday.

Love the hat Capt'n The owner of the LHS calls us park flyer's "The Mill's Park Mavericks" thinks we are crazy fools because we have no rules and won't fly with the stuffy cronies up at the AMA field. I've been thinking of getting us caps that say "Mill's Park Mavericks" on them for the park and one day we will all walk in the LHS wearing them

Picked up a new profile 3D foamy kit. A Slicko Going to pull the guts out of my P-51 foamy for it. Flew my friends and found out I really can fly 3D, just not with my P-51. New build starting very soon! As usual, I will be "wing'n" it and flying the Champ between battery packs

Blu,
that plane looks bad azz! Looking forward to the flight report.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
I'm here too. It's been cold and the wife is sick now so I've been working on building planes. Here's my Funfighter RareBear ready for maiden. I had to paint some neon orientation color ala Mac, so I can see the darn thing out a ways and going 80+ mph! I had the blue F4F Wildcat model which was a blast but oh so hard to see. Finally lost all control inputs at the far end of the field in a fast turn and down she went. Not worth trying to put it together after it crashed into a building !
Blu
Cant wait to see it tomorrow
Ill have the video camera ready for the maiden
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Let's hope the weather gets better FF.
Have you guys been following the new Parkzone VisionAire? I wasn't going to get anymore planes for awhile but I think this one is a must have!

Hope everyone stays well and those who are sick get well my friends! This is some nasty bug going around.

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:18 PM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,095 Posts
8mm BL 1s motor

Blade is releasing a new BL version of their mCPx (the mCPx BL). The main motor will be a 10mm BL can, but the tail motor will be an8mm BL 1s motor. With this little heli motor, our UMs may get a major power boost for kick azz vertical.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Blade is releasing a new BL version of their mCPx (the mCPx BL). The main motor will be a 10mm BL can, but the tail motor will be an8mm BL 1s motor. With this little heli motor, our UMs may get a major power boost for kick azz vertical.
I just put the 4Site/P-51 motor in my Champ, not a huge improvement but much better! Should have been shipped with it but might be too much for noobies that have zero RC experience. Of course you will need a BL ESC now too though. Not quite a drop in replacement but this is good news for planes using the gear reduction box and mount like many of the Steven's Aero micro kits. Those all fly better with more punch than old Champ or P-51 guts have to offer.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:30 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
693 Posts
Here is an amazing story.
Pardo's Push: McDonnell F4 Phantom (4 min 8 sec)
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:49 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
693 Posts
RC planes have sure changed alot over the years.
Quique Somenzini with his Euro. Fall 2012 (7 min 44 sec)
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:40 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
937 Posts
WOW that was some incredible flying! Thanks for posting the vid.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:06 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Check this sailplane out

AWOLNATION "Sail" 1080p HD with Lyrics (4 min 24 sec)
mycaptain is online now Find More Posts by mycaptain
Last edited by mycaptain; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:10 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
What a great story, DT!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:10 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Check these sailplanes out

Awolnation - Sail - F18 - Remix - Bass (4 min 10 sec)
mycaptain is online now Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:43 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,095 Posts
Blu: man you gotta get a speed cam dialed in on that little powerhouse Can't wait to see some more footage from you Bay Area gents ;o)

Capt'n: Gotta love those F18s

Took my T900 wing out again, but it is just too cold to fly today. Damn wind chill factor. After a few minutes it just wasn't fun anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I just put the 4Site/P-51 motor in my Champ, not a huge improvement but much better! Should have been shipped with it but might be too much for noobies that have zero RC experience. Of course you will need a BL ESC now too though. Not quite a drop in replacement but this is good news for planes using the gear reduction box and mount like many of the Steven's Aero micro kits. Those all fly better with more punch than old Champ or P-51 guts have to offer.
Actually I was thinking more in the line of those heavier AS3X systems, but if the Steven's builds are underpowered, they should be cool in those too.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Nighthawk74; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:56 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Finally!
It's only 49-degrees here, but it's headed toward 78 today and 80 tomorrow, with 1-4mph winds.

Lipos charged... diving into coffee #2 now and then I'll start loading some foam into the car for a nice morning.

I think I'm gonna dump my T-14 jet. It's alotta fun, but I'm liking the "Leaf Jets" (Delta wing) better, so I'll use the electronics from the T-14 to scratch-build an F-22 Raptor w/pusher-prop.

Old Luftwaffe Fred keeps crashing his T-14, so I'll give him the foam airframe.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL