HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank you Whirlcap. My time is short now, and no charger for the 7.4vdc, sorry, local order 10 day delivery, that sucks? taking steps, I did not CG her yet, 5.60 inches. they say?

soon, like said no rush, and will be after new years.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:37 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Thank you Whirlcap. My time is short now, and no charger for the 7.4vdc, sorry, local order 10 day delivery, that sucks? taking steps, I did not CG her yet, 5.60 inches. they say?

soon, like said no rush, and will be after new years.
CG is just about at the rear of the rx, ESC cut out. If you lay a ruler accross that and mark a point on each side at about the CF spares cross you will have a good place to rest it on your finger tips. I'll send a picture later when I get a chance.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
CG is just about at the rear of the rx, ESC cut out. If you lay a ruler accross that and mark a point on each side at about the CF spares cross you will have a good place to rest it on your finger tips. I'll send a picture later when I get a chance.
Appreceate that whirl. awaiting pics.

will work on it 5.60 inhes lie where both top of servos not right if asked?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
296 Posts
Fishy... I use the S/C charger I got with the S/C plane I bought a while back to charge my pop wing batteries. I finally got my pop wing fly'n right. My pop wing came set up with a little too much up for my liking. So back home, gave it some down and back out the next day. Too much down, crashed on landing. So back home, give it some up, and back the next day, which is today. She flew great! Ran 2 batteries thru, around 40 degrees. If I knew I was going to go through all these trips to the field I would have bought a couple of Du Bro's to stick in the servos then all I would have needed was a screw driver to adjust the elerons right there at the field. No messing around with all that shrink tube and ca crap. Oh well, I flew the champ and little t-28 each time out and still had a ball! Good luck with your build. Can't wait to see you fly'n it in a video... Capt'n Ron
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Last edited by mycaptain; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank Mycaptain Capt'n Rn.

The SC charger is 4 pin 11.1vdc? I have a 7.4vdc set up for the Mini pop. so awaiting that charger? I can place on 11.1vdc bat but not gonna strain it?

yep I hear ya push rod quick connects, or use your DX6I trims.

Will do that vid when I get out. I am gonna relax no flying for me till later. enjoy

FISH
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,085 Posts
Father & Son Sunday

Hi Gents

Nice vids all round.

I have been blessed with a quiet morning, so took out my new Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos. It is reminiscent of the S/C, just easier to fly. The built in mixing is much better than the ACT system. My son came along with his boomerang. I did some flying prior to this footage. It was windy above the treeline, so had to keep it low. Heres todays footage:

Firebird Stratos & HQ Spirit Boomerang (4 min 38 sec)

He films pretty bad, but what can you expect of a 4y.o cameraman
I don't have a Fishycomics or Miss Tina on hand haha.

Man all this mention of winging. I seriously need to finish my Assassin build and reprogram my dx6i on the Toro900. When the time permits...

Chin up
/Nighthawk74
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Hi Gents

Nice vids all round.

I have been blessed with a quiet morning, so took out my new Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos. It is reminiscent of the S/C, just easier to fly. The built in mixing is much better than the ACT system. My son came along with his boomerang. I did some flying prior to this footage. It was windy above the treeline, so had to keep it low. Heres todays footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfPF...ature=youtu.be

He films pretty bad, but what can you expect of a 4y.o cameraman
I don't have a Fishycomics or Miss Tina on hand haha.

Man all this mention of winging. I seriously need to finish my Assassin build and reprogram my dx6i on the Toro900. When the time permits...

Chin up
/Nighthawk74
I have three things to say to you Nighthawk74

First to your Son
opc orn:

You did a Perfect Job. Mighty proud of you, no one here got ten popcorns, you got the award for the best video all year Bud! HIGH FIVE.

2nd. again to your Son
opc orn:

You got again the award for the year of the best boomerang throw and flying.

and 3rd.

Thank you For sharing a priceless moment Nighthawk74. BTY needs improvement, (JK) great job guys you rock!

I watched video that was worse than that, and was not bad at all.
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Todays flight report:

Hobbyzone champ only got a good flight in winds like Nighthawk74 says out there? enjoyed the morning hour, just the footage did not work out as well, shot, edited and granulated, Guess if I was a little later in the morning, I have a better shot
, that is the beauty of the keycam, got to have the right lighting?

Enjoy the footage wish I had a bud to fly with.

Hobbyzone champ last weekend flight Sony (4 min 52 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,485 Posts
Nighthawk, nice vid. Your Son is cute. For four years old, I think he did an awesome job with the video. I ran out of "popcorns" as fishy stole them all LOL, when you mentioned the "Boomerang", I was trying to picture a new plane that just came out Silly me, I've been flying helis WAY too long

So, you, fishy and Mycaptain all have a Super Cub eh? I've heard that disconnecting the "ACT" the plane is much more manageable. I seen a vid where the guy explains how his SC did a nose dive right into the ground. Real bad damage! He flew over light colored ground (sand i think) and it confused the "ACT" system. I have read other posts recommending to do the same. Disconnect the "ACT" system. What say you Guys on that?

Myself and a Bud are looking at this plane as our second plane. I'm pretty sure we will leave it alone and not add AIL. just yet until we find out the "Pros & Cons." But for now it seems like a nice slow flyer and more importantly, easy on the wallet as a BNF Basically we want something that will handle a bit of wind better than our Champ. Calm days around here are few and far between.

BTW, sorry for the long post. I do love all your vids and planes you Guys have. Thank you for your input.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Todays flight report:

Hobbyzone champ only got a good flight in winds like Nighthawk74 says out there? enjoyed the morning hour, just the footage did not work out as well, shot, edited and granulated, Guess if I was a little later in the morning, I have a better shot
, that is the beauty of the keycam, got to have the right lighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9kO...ature=youtu.be
*High Fives the Fish*

I'm pretty sure you got vid of the year, Sandy footage, S/C flying, Champin' , Wing Building, Cam Testing...just to mention a few

I really wanted to get the Toro Wing out, but the mixing is not right. 1st slot on my dx6i was formerly used on a heli. Think it may be messing with my ACRO settings. When time permits, I'll figure it out over a cup o' coffee and a bagel.

Work has been harsh lately. There have recently been lay-offs, and people are not in a good mood. I knew them all, and have co-operated with them on a daily basis
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,485 Posts
Nice flight fishy. Yeah, too bad we all couldn't get together and have one big fun fly for the day. That would be SOOO awesome

Hope you find a flying Bud soon Bro...

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,085 Posts
Chap; Sorry I was writing while you were

The S/C is a good 2nd plane. That ACT scenario you mentioned sounds familiar. A lot of youtubers have experienced problems with the ACT system. Good in theory, horrible at the field.

My Son has a thing for flying too. He can pretty much "stable hover" a 3ch heli (blade scout). If I was at a larger field I would hand him the sticks to the Stratos. He turns 5 in two weeks

Happy flying and have a Great Thanksgiving if I don't catch y'all later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:56 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:

Fishy,
On the way south on I-95, stop by Exit 147 Vero Beach. Just hang a right off the ramp and drive 1/4 mile. That's it!
We fly from 7AM 'til 10-ish on Sat. & Sundays. Also during the week, 4-5 guys - all retired - all friendly dudes - fly from 7-9 M-F!

All are welcome and we have lots of Champ owners and Super Cubbers too.
Sometimes we have 4-5 Cubs in the air at the same time!

BTW, we had a twin-engine HBZ Super Cub at our field today. It was great!
Twin-Prop Hobbyzone Super Cub & Scratch-built Jet (3 min 41 sec)
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank you for the invite. a good 2 hr trip will always keep in mind

Enjoyed the two prop SC wow that hawk was impressive glad no aggression was taken. enjoyed
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Whoa!
A mini-FW190 scabbed from a PZ ultra-micro T-28!
Nice work and nice paint. $65 too (cheap.)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772874

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL