SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:16 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staley View Post
Hey guys, I know a lot of you are super cub fans and thought you'd enjoy this video/story...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNkcgqlaFs

In the spring of 2011 I got my first RC plane. A super cub of course. After flying it a few times I wanted to get some keychain cam video of the lake where I fly. The above video is my second attempt at getting video and it ended poorly I crashed and lost the camera.... Anyway, watch the video and enjoy.
Me no understand.
How could you have underwater video if the cam was lost?
Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Me no understand.
Mac
Quote:
Hey guys, I know a lot of you are super cub fans and thought you'd enjoy this video/story...

In the spring of 2011 I got my first RC plane. A super cub of course. After flying it a few times I wanted to get some keychain cam video of the lake where I fly. The above video is my second attempt at getting video and it ended poorly I crashed and lost the camera.... Anyway, watch the video and enjoy.
WOW that was amazing. and that your Neice found the cam a year later. Thank you for sharing
5 corns.

Ridgewalker, I am sure you will get some great footage after the snow stops Bud.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Me no understand.
Mac
You didn't watch the video did you My niece found the camera a year later while she was snorkeling around the area.
staley is offline Find More Posts by staley
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:55 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staley

Nice crash,not because you crashed but you were able to taxi the plane back!

That's something,camera falls of and a year later the file was still able to be read,cool!

Quote:
Ridgewalker, I am sure you will get some great footage after the snow stops Bud.
See down in Ct there getting it pretty good.
But here,nothing.
No precipitation all day,and nothing right now.
Hoping the weather man messed up and we get nothing.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:00 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
You didn't watch the video did you My niece found the camera a year later while she was snorkeling around the area.
No, no... I watched it, but there is a dumb pop-up ad that appears each time the part about your niece flashes.

Also, I was watching Fox and Kimberly Guilfoyle was sitting in the end chair in an extremely short skirt, but.... I tried, staley!

Kimberly:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...0917h07m34.jpg
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:21 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Hey Guys!

I wrote 2 articles for the magazine I'm working for!
The first one is about Piper Aircraft's "Piper Seneca V – Breast Cancer Awareness plane."
The 2nd is a 2-page spread about the Sebastian, FL Airmasters RC Club!
There are photos too!

Anyway, go to www.verosvoice.com and click on the link to our latest issue (with the marching band on the front). It's in a PDF format.
My Piper article is on Pg. 9 and the RC club article is on Pg 22.

One of the photos is a 120-inch wingspan Decathlon and the other is a 5-foot long F-15 Eagle fighter. Both flew very nicely!!

I'm very happy to have a great job with nice folks. Check it out if you have a few minutes.

Thanks!
Mac
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
No, no... I watched it, but there is a dumb pop-up ad that appears each time the part about your niece flashes.

Also, I was watching Fox and Kimberly Guilfoyle was sitting in the end chair in an extremely short skirt, but.... I tried, staley!

Kimberly:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...0917h07m34.jpg
Haha! Yes I can see why you were distracted, good stuff
staley is offline Find More Posts by staley
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,287 Posts
Mac, congratulations! I can't wait to read your work I went to the site and clicked on the link. Is something wrong with the server? The download is quite slow. At one point I thought it was gonna stop. Anybody else have a problem? I'll give my machine a go over but, I have a custom built gaming PC with no games on it Scary fast

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
No troubles there, write up was Entertaining and top notch. on Win 8. sux
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:18 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,966 Posts
Now I'm thinking biplane. Jim's 4s Nitroplanes biplane is so cool! Very well made, hot looking, and flies very well. He says it has good parts support too.

You guys back east hunker down and take it easy while we deal with all this sunshine. When I saw the snow on your beaches with wrecked houses all around I was saddened for those unfortunate souls. Good luck all.

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Blu...

I think Mac mentioned, Breezy point, ny. Our hearts go deeply out with all the support in the world. No words to express. I used to belong to a club out there, called the silver Gull club? I used to bike ride out there. I remember walking from the beaches to the town out there, many , many years I and the family spent, and now just seeing the Aftermath of a Super storm. No words.

Yep I be up and at it tomorrow Flying, you bet with 60 degree weather, my friend, and Sunny. Snow, what snow? Maybe some cold and god's Dandruff, all cleared up.

Will get some footage with the Super Cub, and Champ.

Not long ago, I say under 2 months, a Tornado passed through the area, and left cars turned, and some damages, all up the coast from Breezy Point, to the far rockaways, and in/out of inland, seen for miles.

I hope you guys Down South get up and have a great flight. ENjoy the weekend ?

FISHYCOMICS
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:55 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
A perfect, sunny & cool morning here in FL! No wind either.
So, I was walking Jake out in the yard for his morning "business," when I remembered that I hadn't checked the mail.

My HeadsUpRC Power-Up 400 Zoom (2,200kv) motor showed-up!
No flying for me.
Spent the morning doing laundry in between repairs and motor replacement and...
The Bixler is BACK!

Tomorrow will be fly-day now... with the Bixler placed back in my arsenal of aircraft.

Oh, I almost forgot; the Stuart Air Show is today and tomorrow. I might have to go see if there are any T-28s there. I know they have an F4U Corsair and a P-51. Also an old Korean era Mig-15 (?)
Oh wait a sec.... $60 per ticket? Sheesh.
Can't afford THAT.
McCheapo

Mac
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Awoke to a good morning to. Got up went out to fly, and the Super cub flew on its own, the TX decided to say I am too tired, and exhausted batteries? I just charged them, and I blame the repair of HH for breaking a part inside and charger port off? On the charger, as I type?

I had recovered the plane in one piece, lucky how it landed, and where it landed.

I came home to find a nitroplanes.com pkg at my door step.

Here is that video of my morning flight?

Hobbyzone Super Cub on the beaten path again (6 min 1 sec)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
A wing Fishy? Welcome to the club! Since I got my wing, every trip to the park includes a wing flight and often, it's all I bring.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank you Whirlcap, will need advice with Tx part of mixing? I am deciding if I should get another orange, or use the spectrum rx? No rush. Yet this mini wing is a great size WOW! will show some pics later, doing a slow build.