Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
I live in gun central. Between me, my dad, and my grand father. We probably have 80+ guns

Guns are passed down here, from father to son...
Meanest- .300 win mag, or .450 marlin.
Coolest- Old 6.5mm carcano, old Fox 16g double, or old .30 carbine

Mossberg 500 is a good gun, I have 3 barrels for mine. Stock, short, and slug. 835 is a beast, my dad has it. We shoot skeets here pretty regular.

My 1st. hand cannon was a Ruger security six .357 stainless. It's a beast...
Oh definetly, the .357 we have is a trooper mark 3..with an 8inch barrel. That thing rocks lol. The coolest gun I got to shoot was an SKS with a folding stock.. which are actually illegal at least in MD. They are all my dads guns minus my ruger, but they are slowly turning into mine lol. I bought the mossberg for him for fathers day and hes maybe put 20 rounds through it, Ive put at least 20 36 shell boxes through it lol

Shooting skeet is really fun. Im actually hoping to go up this evening
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:20 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,904 Posts
Had a SKS about 8 years or so ago. Probably a good thing they are illegal up there. Easiest gun to make full auto. Takes 10 minutes of filing. Only thing I don't like is the way the clip goes in.

I've shot deer with a AR-15, weak gun, sold it. 22-.250 was my first hunting rifle, muzzle velocity of around 3000fps. One of the fastest bullets. Good for very long range.
.300 win mag will blow'm off their feet. I no longer hunt tho, I really don't like killing animals anymore. My dad hunts everything that walks, crawls, flies, or swims.

Guns are so prevalent here, my father-inlaw bought my daughter a pink .22 when she was born
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:23 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Everybody I know here in Arizona owns guns, you see people in the grocery store wearing holsters. This year for Fathers day I got a 1 hour pass to the range with bullets and rental guns from my 4 and 6 year old, (actually my wife bought it for them) hpoefully I get some time tomorrow or the next day.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:26 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
[QUOTE=Viper82;18576985]Had a SKS about 8 years or so ago. Probably a good thing they are illegal up there. Easiest gun to make full auto. Takes 10 minutes of filing. Only thing I don't like is the way the clip goes in.

QUOTE]

We were just shooting a sks last week, the clip is kind of funky the way it goes in, the one we were using only holds 5 rounds and the clip was huge!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:30 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Hey Viper,
I loved that low and slow pass of the Jug! It's a pretty nice flyer, huh?
I thought it was more of a speedster, belly-landing lipo gobbling brick, but was surprised to see a heckuva lotta grace and soaring ability.

Nice Jug!

Can't wait for my Nitroplanes replacement ESC gets here. Maybe I can actually ENJOY my 790mm T-28???
I call it the "790" now, because it's nose has been squashed so many times that it lost 10mm.
Anyway, Nitroplanes sent me out a new & bench-tested ESC for free after viewing this video of it's terrible handling and inevitable crash.

HEY BLU!
I'm working with Tamiyafan1975 to buy his brand new, but slightly-damaged PZ T-28D! I can't just buy it like the good ol' days. The wife put a clamp down on spending on my hobby. (I was outa control - 9 planes in 4 months!) Now I have to sell-off some stuff and use the $$ for new purchases.

Hopefully, within the next 7-10 days I'll have it...

I am very sick with this RC plane addiction. I've had a black 1970 Les Paul Custom for 35 years, (purchased as a teen with my 1st-ever tax refund!).
The guitar is now worth over $4000 and I have actually been eyeballing it to sell so I can feed my plank addiction!!!
This proves the depths of my very deep "problem."
I'd say don't sell it! I just sold off most of my beer collection (stone vertical epic ales) to get a carbon z yak 54, I flew it 6 times and lost control of the elevator servo, smashed it into the ground. The worst part is I rebuilt it, got 4 more minutes of flight and lost the elevator servo again, demolished it! That was a quick waste of $600! I want my beer back now!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:37 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
Had a SKS about 8 years or so ago. Probably a good thing they are illegal up there. Easiest gun to make full auto. Takes 10 minutes of filing. Only thing I don't like is the way the clip goes in.

I've shot deer with a AR-15, weak gun, sold it. 22-.250 was my first hunting rifle, muzzle velocity of around 3000fps. One of the fastest bullets. Good for very long range.
.300 win mag will blow'm off their feet. I no longer hunt tho, I really don't like killing animals anymore. My dad hunts everything that walks, crawls, flies, or swims.

Guns are so prevalent here, my father-inlaw bought my daughter a pink .22 when she was born
I HATE the way the mag goes in as well. And i dont see myself as a hunter at all. No reason to kill around here unless youre in western maryland where the deer are in the hundreds in one field.
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:10 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik View Post

Mac is that your only gun? I guess you could consider guns my fourth hobby behind skiing. I love to take the mossburg 500 and go shoot some 5-point sporting clays, my best was 20/25. We also have a .306 we take up to the state park and get some long range shooting in ( We have that thing so dialed in I can put a mean 10 round group down range. Then we have the
.357 Trooper Mark 3, and the S&W .38 special. And then there is my own pride and joy, my first ever personal firearm which is a Ruger Mark III. Man do i love her.

Did I mention I cant wait until saturday..
I can't wait for YOU too, bro'!
I love seeing my pals get T-28s! Blu and Ridge both got 'em and I was itching to see them both post their maiden vids!

Make sure you maiden with a cam on your head or in your GF's hands!

Guns?
I was a L.E.O. back in the 70s and carried a standard issue SW .38 Special, but then I resigned and went off to USF/Tampa. (They had no football team back then. )
Anyway, I never felt the need for a handgun at all, plus I lived in The People's Republic of Massachusetts where the commoners with guns are frowned upon as barbarians. (Idiots!)
But when I moved to FL, there were some home invasions happening in the area and the poor victims ended-up dead. So, I searched for some protection.
I have a buddy who works for Knight's Armaments here in Vero. (Weird...we grew-up together in MA, played hockey together, then didn't see each other for 35 years. Now he lives 1 mile away here!) Anyway, he got me a ssaa-weet deal on the Sig 40!

Believe it or not, the only time I've shot it is up in Central VA where my brother has a 72-acre horse farm. He has a nice lil' collection as well. I was surprised that I shot as well as I did after 3 decades of not shootin'!

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
First Dibs Opportunity for my Buds:

Guys,

I'm going to sell my UM P-51 Mustang Shangri-La conversion.
It runs really well, because it comes equipped with the Bravo SX motor and nice CF wing spars that really tightened-up her handling.

I would recommend that you remove the decals and order the exact same from Callie Graphics because mine are printed on heavy label paper and add a few Gs to the UAW.

Anyway, if you're interested, give me a PM and we'll hash-out a deal.
BTW, it now has a slight nose wrinkle on top from my maiden... it was tail heavy and went-in slow, but enough to wrinkle the nose a tad.
I have video up at YouTube of this plane in flight.
IT IS FAST!!!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:22 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,871 Posts
We had some rain yesterday so i went out scouting new flying sites and found a few more,now if there are dog walkers i have a couple back up places to go.

Just finished reading and catching up here so i haven't yet watched any of the vids..thats next!..lol

Viper82...Nice runway in the pics the 109 looks great!!

Mac....Don't sell the Les Paul!!!

Astronaut...i forgot!!..lol

Bluhammer...yeah...i know you have higher places you could go...wouldn't mind seeing them!

I saw that you were fighting the wind with the champ there at the end...must be a real nice view in that spot at sunset!

Oh..ya'...Astronaut...That is odd to hear no one has guns!!!

GJOsik...is it Saturday yet???...lol...hope you got the T-28 waiting for you!!!

Off to watch the vids!

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:24 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Awesome! Wish I could buy that lol!

I really like how the rudder is yellow. Excellent for orientation at high altitudes. Although in real life combat it doesn't seem like such a great idea

I hope that baby goes to a good home!
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Nice to hear from ya Ridge, I was wondering why you were MIA lol

Ya you do need a special license, which is hard to come by too. A lot of requirements you must meet. You can only keep it for hunting, and not everyone get's that license either. Heck, you aren't allowed to even carry a taser.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Nice to hear from ya Ridge, I was wondering why you were MIA lol

Ya you do need a special license, which is hard to come by too. A lot of requirements you must meet. You can only keep it for hunting, and not everyone get's that license either. Heck, you aren't allowed to even carry a taser.
I'm sorry to hear that..

Mac...does FL still have the "two step" rule about guns...meaning you must take two steps before you get to your gun...say it's in the glove box..step one turn/pull the glove box latch..step two open the glove box....step three grab your gun...

Viper82...nice landings!!

You have the perfect spot for a weekend fly in!...plenty of room to set up a tent and sleep!...and about half way between FL and here....lol

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,871 Posts
Mac...

That Mustang looks nice...you did a good job with it...hope you can sell it.

I also need to sell one of my helis it's a T Rex 450 SE v2 airframe that is brand new...never had a motor even bolted into it and never been flown.

I think i will be getting a clear canopy for the T-28.....http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/PFP02.html

Ridgewalker
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Wow that's a pretty hardcore slogan - very powerful.

Well it's not so bad, I mean, if no one has a gun, what is there to protect oneself from? Some common safety precautions make sure that you are pretty much safe (i.e. don't wander around alone at night or in isolated places, etc.)

I guess it's just about getting used to it.

People prefer human strength more here I think as opposed to weaponry lol
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,871 Posts
info outdated

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; May 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM.