SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
As I feel my Trainer switch was defective day one, had some spare toggler's resting. I oened up the tx. and scoped out the repair. matched color for color, and swapped out the swtich. patting myself on the back. hip hip.

Still working on the quad and tri. waiting for cables sure isslow.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Got out to the field by 8:00 met the boys and got ready. flew a pack through the Assassin and chased Bob around for 8 min on the second pack. Then broke out the FC had a great time with touch and goes loops and inverted, the wind picked up and should have put her down but noooooo one more inverted lap got her stable ten feet off the deck and a gust of wind helped to a unplanned stop. Was a tough day for me at the field I crashed the Assassin twice due to low rates and too much agression and then crashed the fun cub trying too much in tough wind. The good news is the FC is back ready t go no damage just some seperated glue joints and of course the Assassin is bullet proof. Got away with one today man I hate busting my planes. Dave had a tough time as well with two of his planes. The Ace of the day goes to Bob he flew so smooth and had no issues. Bob flew his Assassin, FC, and UMT-28. Great job on the sticks today Bob very nice.
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:52 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Thanks Mac, and NH74.

Mac, the 808 key cam #18 they say will has Av output, if you can hold off just a little longer, as well Jim there will be some good news around the corner.

for touch and goes, it's always growing grass here, wake up the grass is tall. wheels do not roll on tall grass. I will have to learn again some thr on landing. to be a one man cameraman is super hard we all know that, enjoy again
Fishy, when I put 3" wheels on my SC, it became a touch n' go monster. And you can take off and land in much higher grass. You'll really like the way it handles rough terrain & grass with biiger tires. And the Cub can easily handle the extra weight, as you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
the wind picked up and should have put her down but noooooo one more inverted lap got her stable ten feet off the deck and a gust of wind helped to a unplanned stop. Was a tough day for me at the field I crashed the Assassin twice due to low rates and too much agression and then crashed the fun cub trying too much in tough wind.
That's a variation of the JOM Rule: "Just One More" has killed more RC planes than any other known factor.

It works for me every time: if I run out of repairs to do and have some $$ in my pocket that needs to disappear, I just fly my planes until I'm convinced it's time to leave, then I say "Just One More" and BOOM! I have plenty of repair work to do and a lot less cash-in-pocket.

Mac
..the living proof of Just One More RC plane destruction...
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:13 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,625 Posts
Fishy, Mac, loved your vids. I never pass up the chance to watch all of you Guys vids. Fishy, you put a huge smile on my face...

Still trolling along and saving my money

Mike.

PS: JOM...LOL, too funny
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:16 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Fact was stung by JOM The good news, got off easy. I normally can avoid JOM but the wind has had us down for days and I exceeded my skill level with a new plane she is still very clean and only minor compression in the front. LUCKY this is a 2 lb plane and they come down hard as you know. All part of the learning curve and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.......sometimes lol
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
thanks Chap1012...

Mac. I tip my hat off to you.

Marine park. Floyd Bennet field (sp) a great place to hide, things Lol it is a junk field, a lot of good clams come out of there that are poioned and the locals eat them on the spot

Again I tip my hat to ya. I shall comedown there and shake your hand saturday

MAc Luv Ya

I think I have 3 inch wheels but they are thin and I had gottem thicker to thick if asked maybe they need some tightning. I cut throtle and she stalls over. I forget I should still keep 5% going to continue the roll.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:52 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,924 Posts
many ways...right up your alley.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 26, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Ridgewalker first thing I did was save the page so I can refrence it.

808 key fob has live feed the 11/18 and 16/20 if named today

the Gopro hd hero as well.

I will invest in time, there is absolute no rush. I fly and will keep to the 1000 feet and parks radius no more.

thank you a million

I will again research all this info and take thetime before I even start to answer
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
ridgewalker

Watched the clips, seen the vids before. remember some of them.

FPV set up 67.00 1600 ft/500m

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Tx_Rx_Set.html

watched a video

Hobby King 5.8GHZ FPV Setup Wiring Instructions Help Go Pro Hero 2 (5 min 36 sec)

I understand the video output of the camera, the gopro, aiptek I have etc hooking to the Tx of the 5.8ghz. either seperate power, or larger battery with a y adapter.

the Rx on the ground on me. I understand it needs to get power, and av to a video in source. Like a cobra 4 inch tv I have. if i can find goggles that have the A/V input

My worries are now I now need to find hte same kit with a longer range of 500M./1600 ft.

the kit you have goes a lot further 2500 feet or more. I do not want to push its limits.

If I can fly at 500-600 ft700 max I want to fly outward 1000-1500 ft safely before signal loss.

the 500m may be just fine. DO you think thaere is a better unit?

I do not want a large suitcase with me something compact. This can bel placed on a belt, on the tripod hmm now wondering if I can av into the Iphone. forget a lcd laptop.

what are your thoughts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Thanks Mac, and NH74.

The Altimeter is a great tool. And As it taught me to respect how I fly, and I learned some valuable lessons.

Being up high is deffently a FPV thing, that I want to get into. I would love a enexpensive route though.

Mac, the 808 key cam #18 they say will has Av output, if you can hold off just a little longer, as well Jim there will be some good news around the corner.

I will be needing a video tx, and I am uncertain about the rx part. that is where Ridge and Blu steps in.

FOr me the area I am at when I fly is tight quarters, I say that for reasons of the boroughs I do not any longer like to travel, I do not live near the country, and todays lifestyles is just not like the 70's, the 80's even the 90's.

CLose your eys open them and tell me what you see?

SO guys I am happy you enjoyed theflying fun day of the Super cub , enjoy.

for touch and goes, it's always growing grass here, wake up the grass is tall. wheels do not roll on tall grass. I will have to learn again some thr on landing. to be a one man cameraman is super hard we all know that, enjoy again
if you want to get into fpv for REALLY cheap, you can get a 2.4ghz fpv system from nitroplanes for $27, and a monitor on amazon for $30. the fpv camera/tx module weighs about 12 grams without the mount, and the range is about 250 yards if you have the receiver on a pole. the fpv system is very small, and i was able to mount it (without a case) on my micro mosquito.
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thanks Bacon.. I do run a DSM2 2.4 plane and that would interfere with the set up as posted.
I can get a 5.8 for 60.00 and need the clover antenna, homemade for a lot less then the 50.00 sold, and goggles for 100 if found, if not one of my porable tv, or camera as av in?\\SO I have some stuff to cut the cost, andsome buds to as well he he he

thank you I can look into it though

some home work is needed

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...23f8604955b1e8

found some reject googles that a person bought for 100. cannot be beat
Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 29, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,924 Posts
...no diversity....

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 26, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,924 Posts
Stay away from Head Play goggles,they are old tech.
The cp antennas can be home built,that's what i did.
You can order a couple cables,cut them in half and be able to make your antennas.
Here is the thread on building the CL antennas,it goes on the vtx on the plane.....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388264
There is another way where you would just make three lobes each and solder them each one by one and it actually is not hard to bend up the lobes or solder them.
If you get serious about this and get your stuff and want to build some antennas i'll help you out with that.

Ridgewalker
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
thanks RW....

Will look at Ft stuff

I need a buddy, I have none. so tht scraps the fpv. not safe. I shall take add'll time to be safe.

the sys I show from HK but like we all trust them to a certain extent.

I will not need to fly xtram distance just a safe distance.
in the park around the leding edge.

I would deffently use a screen . goggles well are great,

I have like said thegopro and tv playback live feed for recording works its own batt. and as well the tx so the problem is not bad if asked/

that be the start.

1 safety
2 doing it safe
3 and being safe

getting up in altitude like said does not mean flying 100 ft. as long as 500-700 feet allows for a lot ofcorrection. and distance allows to go around htewhole area s parameter.

Like you started wit hteh rc truck that may be my route to start.

to continue on
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:54 PM
youtube-- orandaboy
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
fpv flight with dragonlink

FPV with Dragonlink UHF (5 min 5 sec)
GazaChinee is offline Find More Posts by GazaChinee