HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,979 Posts
Man, guess what just came in the mail? Remember the drug test Miss Tina and I had to take last week? She just got a bill for it. $244 for a freakin $25 test!!!!! WTH? I am flabergasted.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olthump View Post
Gee, I hate to interupt the meaningful discourse, but I thought I'd post a few pix of the NotaBix. Wing work about done, Aluminum outer and inner (I know, I know...) spars, carbon reinforcement of control surfaces, new control horns and mg servos.

Finish the gluing, overall spackle and sand, paint and done.
Fuse pix ina bit.

By the way...As a Public Service, could somebody please post the gps coordinates of The Land of People Who Care? Somebody might need them.
Good thing you have a helper...meow....
So you put aluminum tubes in each wing,it looks like you cut out a length of foam from each wing and put the spars in then glued the foam back down...is that what you did...no wonder it's taking you such a short time to get the notabix flying.

What's that piece leaning up against the wing halves?

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,979 Posts
Thumper, that was a great vid. Looked like you guys had a blast!!! Kinda reminded me of our Buzzards soaring around. Looked like a LOT of fun. Lee
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
This was the glider portion of our session yesterday. Working on Bowsonns Cub flight it was just fantastic. Fish the music on this vid is pretty mushy another by ENYA. Sorry but I would drink her bath water lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T34cJANZ3jo
Nice flying from both of you guys.
In the Summer you can sit comfortable in a lounge chair and fly for a while catching thermals.
That landing...even though out of frame was a good one!!

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
This was the glider portion of our session yesterday. Working on Bowsonns Cub flight it was just fantastic. Fish the music on this vid is pretty mushy another by ENYA. Sorry but I would drink her bath water lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T34cJANZ3jo
There is a difference anahahaha.

Since
There is different ffrom my taiste. one just has to ask What type of music I like

Good day

Dam kb iPhone
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Man, guess what just came in the mail? Remember the drug test Miss Tina and I had to take last week? She just got a bill for it. $244 for a freakin $25 test!!!!! WTH? I am flabergasted.
Lee
Ouch! Don't get me started on how much the med industry charges! People complain about car repair bills but I tell ya, if we did what they do, we would be out of business in a week. The system is out of control and too far gone to fix I'm afraid. In the mean time "an apple a day".

I can also relate to your hearing trouble, too many years around air impact tools for me. I'm more careful now though and do use hearing protection with some things, like if I ever use my air hammer. I once ran a log spitter for a good 2 hours and when I shut it off, I found everything was muffled in my hearing.. Was much louder than I realized while I was using it. Grabbed the ear muffs after lunch and that loss was temporary, like going to a concert. Hearing aids are in my future I am sure.

Learned about giving aspirin to dogs many years ago but had forgotten about it. Was told to give "buffered" aspirin. My old dog had aches and pains in his old age but not always easy to tell, dogs suck it up and mostly put on a happy face no matter how they feel. My current 9 year old dog is getting a growth removed from his rear leg in the morning, he will be fine I'm sure but it's going to cost about $500.00 bucks! Not to worry though, he really doesn't cost much to have him around over-all and worth every penny. I just picked up a valentine card for him to give the wife he always remembers her birthday too
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Ridge,

The trenches were to replace the servos. Needed extensions on the new mg ones. It is kinda chickens--- how the spar hole is created with a glued in chunk of foam. Several have been lost, not because the spar broke, but because the whole insert popped out...Voila...No spar hole!!! Mine have been reglued all around.

I used an x-acto to put an inside bevel on the thinwall aluminum tube and "drilled" the larger hole. The trick is to put nicks and burrs on the beveled edge, that speeds up the "cutting" of the foam as opposed to just shoving it aside. The inserts go 12" on each side. the I.D. tubing is full length, with a tad extra on each end.

Finally gotta good dose of building frenzy syndrome. Here's my wing mounting plate. Hadda piece of 1/16 balsa sheet, laminated cross grain to 3/16.
Center peice is still just 1/16, I'll relieve the wing saddle to let it in flush. I wont glue the very center, and will be able to open the fuse if needed.

Then blind nuts, ana coupla BOLTS.

In the groove, now.
Greg

PS:
The thing in the back is the elevator with carbon rod reinforcement.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Last edited by olthump; Feb 14, 2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: ps
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
mmmmm...Enya...
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,970 Posts
This much work can only lead to a bad end!
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,979 Posts
Whirlcap, you sound like a wonderfull person. I can glad to make your aquaintance and proud to call you friend. I hope and pray your little pup's surgery goes well. Our fur kid's are all very important to Miss Tina and I. All seven of them. They are each special in there way. They all have different personalities. They all know there names. And come when we call them. This morning we had every one on the bed with us when we awoke. hahahaha. Good thing we have a LARGE bed. hahahah
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Best for last

This is Bob and his SUPER CUB, Kids do not try to replicate you will only get frustrated. Bob has been flying for 6 months, I moved my camera to the left side of my head and the damn wind shifted so I missed the crucial moments of bobs landing but you will get the jist.
Bowsonn Master of The Super Cub (5 min 30 sec)

The music I put on my Vids is what I like. I hope you all enjoy. If not there are a few options. 1) Turn down the volume 2) Skip all together.
I post these vids for those that enjoy them. I am not a pro and don't care to get any better at it or I would invest in great equipment. This sounds greedy but I make the vids to get better at flying and it makes me happy to do it.
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Whirlcap, you sound like a wonderfull person. I can glad to make your aquaintance and proud to call you friend. I hope and pray your little pup's surgery goes well. Our fur kid's are all very important to Miss Tina and I. All seven of them. They are each special in there way. They all have different personalities. They all know there names. And come when we call them. This morning we had every one on the bed with us when we awoke. hahahaha. Good thing we have a LARGE bed. hahahah
Dogs are great, my grown kids are jealous of Truman. he has a truly easy life, lives in the house, eats well, has about three beds of his own not to mention the the king bed in the master bedroom. He is very smart too. (ya, we all say that about our dogs) Truman will sneeze on command for a treat, it's really funny. He digs deep for the sneeze, contorts his face like its real. Dont ask me how I taught him that trick but it's just one of a dozen things he will do to please.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
At 1:20 Bob goes inverted, this plane was in bobs controll the entire time and he was calling out what he was going to do next. The Vid of his landing shows his cub in ground effect best example ever. Well done Bob.
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,979 Posts
Man, nice landing Bob!!! Cudoz Sir.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,970 Posts
Quote:
At 1:20 Bob goes inverted, this plane was in bobs controll the entire time and he was calling out what he was going to do next. The Vid of his landing shows his cub in ground effect best example ever. Well done Bob.
Well the flying was OK, but the Adele music was great!
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer