What's wrong Mac?
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:20 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Here ya go Mac,
You may have already seen this one but it cracks me up everytime I watch it.

This is me walking up to a RC club to fly my EDF... HAHAHAHAHA
RC Flying Newbie (1320fastback) (3 min 36 sec)
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:31 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
What's wrong Mac?
Ahhh, man... my boss just decided to cut back on my work (writing/research stuff) and not only has he not had anything for me for 6 weeks, but he hasn't paid me for work owed.
So everything is building up...and now my truck's 14-mo. old battery has a dead cell and Karen had to drive out to the flying field to give me a jump. (All the other guys had JUST left. ) So my truck is sort've grounded, unless I give it a charge and go on short trips.

And of course, I crashed my Cessna on take-off this morning. I seem to be okay flying and landing, but I have crashed her 3 times tis week on take-offs. I just fab'd a new steering arm and installed it. Seems to work, so maybe I can avoid any more mishaps.

I'm okay...just needed a laugh, and a new job....
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:45 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
Wow buddy. That does sound bad. Dang it. I don't know what to tell ya other than chin up. Karen sounds like a wonderfull person. Your wife? Maybe some aspirin can bring your truck battery back to life. What was it we used to do? Aspirin and cola, maybe? I can't remember. My brain is scrambled today, working on motors and stuff. My boss went on vacation. We (the crew and I) are all broke and struggling. hahaha. Luckilly I am used to that. hahaha. I have a business oputunity that should be wonderfull. I have a warehouse, business manager, IT professional, ad agent, and a Chinese company all waiting to go to work. I just don't have the $10,000 I need to start it all. hahaha. Dang it sucks. I need an investor or silent partner. Oh well.
Viper that was an awesome cartoon. I have seen those somewhere. There were many if I remember correctlly.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Thanks Mac, my nose gear, like yours was shoddy at best. Mine came steerable, obviously, but everytime I went to land, which was onlly twice on my first flight, it twisted just like yours did. I went with the dubro 1/2a steerable nose gear. I dremeled off the old mount and epoxied the mount that came with the dubro parts. I really wanted to make it steerable but I couldn't get the steering arm and set screw tight enough on the gear to make it turn without slipping. It was a huge pain in the but,and I realy wanted it steerable. Then I read about the rudder servo being stripped because of the steerable nose gear being twisted on a rough landing. I thought about it for a while and just figured id jb weld the landing gear and save the servo. Since its not steerable I have to be concious about where I take off from. The new spot where I fly my cessna has a freshly resurfaced parking lot above the field so I just back up far enough from the curb and punch it. She gets up and out quickly so if I'm far enough back I don't have to worry about whacking the curb. When I jb welded the gear my eyes must have been barely off because she veers to the left haha.

And man, you all want more work and I want less. This week is ok, but I got loaded up with work next week because I'm leaving for a week next Saturday. Anyone want to work with dogs 40 hours a week?
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
My big cessna is a tail dragger. It is fixed. Lots of times I just hand launch it. Up, up, and away. I even fly it in my back yard. haha. Love it. Lee
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:36 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
My big cessna is a tail dragger. It is fixed. Lots of times I just hand launch it. Up, up, and away. I even fly it in my back yard. haha. Love it. Lee
My Super Cub steers so nicely when taxiing for take-off and then during ROG.
The steerable tail wheel just works off the rudder and is very good. Much smoother than the Champ, of course. (We've all done the "Champ chasing it's tail dance.") HA HA!!

I could actually add very little tail weight and this Cessna would drop backward on it's tail. A tail wheel from another plane would work back there, I'll bet.

Hmmm... have to wait until I break this repaired gear.

Just decided to help things a bit by putting a PZ big BF-109 Messerschmitt 3-blade on her. It seemed to take off and land better with the stock 3-blade, and this Parkzone prop is the same size and pitch @ 1/2 the price. I just drilled the center out about 1/16th" and popped-in an APC adaptor ring. It sits nice on the shaft with zero play.
Can't wait to test it out.

Mac
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:36 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
I just have the stock prop on now which is a 12x9 two bllade. A really weird size if you ask me, I haven't seen any 12x9's other then this one. I have an apc prop I think, might even be a 11x7. Changing my prop is quite the task though because the one I have on now is an extremely tight fit and requires me to stick my hand under the cowl and grab the motor drum so I can spin it off. I just slit the top half of the cow so I could get to it easy. Only way ill be abe to change the prop.
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
I did it!!!! Yea!!!! Wooot wooot!!! My first homemade wing actually flew. On a beater retired to the bone yards champ. Ressurected just for this test. And it flew!!!!!!!
It might not have flown pretty. But it flew. That gives me hope. Lots of experiments to do now. And I have work for tomorrow and Friday too. Hoping for Thursday. haha. Man, am I full of joy. I am uploading the video now. Tryin to send some joy out to all of ya'll from me, especially to Mac in Fl. Happy Flyin. Lee
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
First wing ever homemade. (7 min 37 sec)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Lee, that was great!
Should show us all a close-up of it though.
I think Ridge did a video on cutting and rolling a Champ wing from cellfoam88.

Pretty neat stuff though.... got me thinking about making a HUGE floater wing for the Champ.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
That is what I was thinking too. I wanna get the stall speed and wing loading as low as possible. So, that I can fly a banner with the drag that it brings. Might have to ask thumpers expertise on that. Lee
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:03 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
I managed to squeeze in a few flights this evening. Here is a video of 2 flight with my T-45 running on 14.8v

Hope you guys got some good flying in today too .

Lee, I don't have much time now, but I'll check out your wing video tomorrow.

50mm T-45 14.8v 2 Flights (7 min 5 sec)
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:34 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Awesome! BTW, how do you decide the thrust angle? I think I heard you mentioning that you thought it was off. Thanks!

Viper dude, that thing is way too fast!!! If you crash it, it probably vaporizes lol

How large is your flying area?
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:58 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
Whats a Whizzo Blu?

I'm about ready to upgrade to a 100w charger. I'm maxed out on my little 50w with these 4S, when I charge in parallel.
I should have posted my intentions 1st, I could done a deal with you instead
I ordered the thunder power AC/DC AC-6 balance charger, at of course 50W
I also got 2 Tenergy 3S 2200mah 25C batteries for a combo deal of $59. I have a feeling they're not considered that good? Oh well.
Blu
The combo was for only the batteries btw
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer