The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
"Your order summary
Item shipped
Your item(s) should arrive between Feb 01 - Feb 14, 2012."

Make sure you do the in camera formatting to the micro sd card.
I'm using a Kingston 4 gig class 4 and it seems to be working fine.

One of the nice features with this cam is the ability to turn on or off the LED for recording...did that make sense??..lol
You now can have the LED flash on/off..on/off ect to lrt you know the camera is recording!!
Don't know how many times with the #3 i "thought" it was recording but was not.
Having an indicator light to let you know it's recording is nice.

There is also a GUI utility that a member wrote up that makes changing any of the features simple.
Here is a screen shot of the utility with my camera settings.

Also the "developer" is sourcing some wide angle lenses that will be a direct fit on the cam.
Don't use the included usb cable...have heard it's not so good at making connections,a regular usb (mini) will work fine.

Good luck with your camera,no expert here but if you have any questions or need any help i'll do my best to help with what i do know.

Here is a review of the camera from Technoman.
It was made right when they were first coming out.

The 808 #16 Micro HD Cam (21 min 43 sec)

You will see in the video how the feature can also be adjusted using a .txt file...but making the changes is so much easier using the GUI utility that Isoprop wrote.

One more sample video from the #16...i promise...next ones will be either of the plane flying or from the plane flying.

Now i know these keychain cams are mostly used in the day time but i wanted to see it's ability to record at night.
Made this video driving down a well lit street and as long as the subject is lit the cam will record the image.
The cam didn't do to bad for a keychain camera.
Shutter speed is greatly diminished in the dark and the image is not as clear as day,but i was surprised at how well it did...again comparing to the #3.

http://vimeo.com/34935539

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jan 12, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdumby View Post
@lee
Glad to see your still here.Got my gws cub done
Looks great, Crash!
Gonna video the maiden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka_99 View Post
Hi guys, just to tell you that I got my Axn today. Everything was packed well etc! Building it right now with my stuff (don't trust the cheap servo's, so I bought it ARF). Pics later!
I love those colors on the white!
I should do like Olthump and strip the decals off my BIXLER it and do my own decor.

Anyway, can't wait to see the finished photos, Stuke!

Good luck to BOTH of you dudes and your new planes.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Umm, don't do the HZ Phantom. Mine never left the ground, and it was that which made me buy the Champ, thankfully. But it was one ruined Christmas present 2 years ago. photos are on my blog..
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Make sure you do the in camera formatting to the micro sd card.
I'm using a Kingston 4 gig class 4 and it seems to be working fine.

There is also a GUI utility that a member wrote up that makes changing any of the features simple.
(snip)

Ridgewalker
Awesome info, Thanks for the tips and pointers! I do have a 4 gig class 4 for it, so that should be okay. Looks like this one will be nice, and that gui is the way to go. And a new lens maybe coming out.... what a great time to be in the hobby!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:47 PM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Looks great, Crash!
Gonna video the maiden?

I love those colors on the white!
I should do like Olthump and strip the decals off my BIXLER it and do my own decor.

Anyway, can't wait to see the finished photos, Stuke!

Good luck to BOTH of you dudes and your new planes.

Mac
I bet you could do a nice paint job on your Bix man! Knowing ya! haha! Anyways, building it right now. Basically its my 3rd plane, 1st the champ rtf, then a corsair pnf and now an arf! Its a big step from just plugging your batteries and go fly tbh. Working on these right now. Should a pusher motor go clockwise or counter (looking from the front of the plane)? Kinda lost on this one, not at ease with them! Thanks for the kind words.
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka_99 View Post
Working on these right now. Should a pusher motor go clockwise or counter (looking from the front of the plane)? Kinda lost on this one, not at ease with them! Thanks for the kind words.
I believe the motor runs clockwise - if looking from the front.

@BLU !!!

I just replicated one of your problems! I put too much Aleene's Tacky Glue on my Champ brick sides and now it won't bind.
I've tried 6 times now.

I think I have to tear it out and clean the underside of the brick of glue now?
BTW, it binded nicely prior to glueing it into the Champ, so it can only be the water-based glue conducting current and killing my signal.

DANG!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hey Fish, I wrote you too long post last night. But, my ipod failed to put them on here. Screen just went black on me, and I was too tired to re-do them. I just wanted you to know how proud I was of you. Telling that guy that it was all about the flyin for now. That is fun. And later you can even put a cam on the Champ and fly too. That also is fun. But, I was so proud of you because you understood that it was about the fun of flyin. And then you rebuilt you Trojan. My heart just burst of joy for you. I hope you have fun picking out a new plane. Then getting it for your birthday. Have you considered a plane from easysky.com or is it easyfly.com? I can't remember right now. But, they have planes just slightly larger than the Champ. And they are a great design. Motor thrust angle can be adjusted because they use a spring loaded mounting system that is unique so far. There prices are cheap, but, there shipping is high.
And, have you heard that HH is coming out with a secound edition Champ? Knowone yet knows what changes have been made. But, alot of us are waiting to see with baited breath. hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Yeah, it is a little dark,blotchy,uncle bens.lol
But i'm telling 'ya...on my pc the picture is really better for it also being standard def.
The hue is off in the cam too,but all that can be compensated for when i edit it.
The cams not perfect or GoPro material,but from what i've seen from it so far it's pretty darn good...now remember...the only other cam i ever had was the #3 so this is a big improvement for me.

My pc couldn't play the HD but i could view it frame by frame and it was very good,able to read things,signs in the video, where before with the #3 things like that were pretty tough to see in the video clearly.

Do you mean add .wmvHD and remove the .MOV from the file name?

Was the video choppy when you viewed it on Vimeo?
It's not choppy when i view it on Vimeo and it's not choppy on my pc.
That's another thing about this camera,the video is smooth unlike the #3.

Here is another sample uploaded to youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0PtM1P-fZM

Ridgewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Lee, not a problem.

I do thank you for being Kind, the person you are is realy Peachy or pecans. Lovem both.

I hear ya I remember typing some stuff, lol and I soon forgot. but it was all good.

For the plane I think I seen that a long time ago. but i am thinking as i read this a ESKI simular to RTF thumber and the oe I show, but the one's you pointed to resemble the champ again. too many replica's and one has to be careful which is a perfet model.

I so want to pick up a plane. and I am thinking out loud

flyrite, get the plane, if i opt for a mini cub later I can swap t he wing of the flyrite and electronics into a fuse and tail of a mini cub. or get teh mini dragon and enjoy.

I may just get the flyrite and electronics who knows. still thinking

Ridgewalker

AVI file load into the editor and render to a WMV video 1280x720. o not save as avi. avi is too big , that is what I ment. you should not be with avi files anymore they are old in my eyes.

#11.16 does not matter it looks good, sweet, reminded me of the Aiptek IS-DV video today we know it was a foul weather day.

I keep my eye on the kodak Playfull duel 200.00 will drop in price spring time to 129.99 and later to 99.00 it is a great pocket cam to get. tossed in the pocket and you got floor video
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Hey Ridge speaking of video did you see the Raptor fly on page 507 ? great build and easy gentle flier. Fish you should build this plane easey to build and from bench to sky 40 bucks I will give you a one on one to get your DX6i ready over the phone Nice job on the T-28. Working the UM like you do you show ten times the skill that it takes to build one of these planes
On my way to the field to put the raptor and wing and radian pro up ttyl
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Big Jim. I thank you for those Kind Words . I have the skills to build I do. When I put my mind to it Lol. the DX6I I look at it. and will most likely after this typing will grab the T28 and DX6I do a skit. and try my damdest to simply show how easy it is out of the box.

I'll look into the Raptor P thank you all
go gly have fun while it is wet here
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Will catch up in a bit the wind stopped so off to fly some more TTYL
This is a great vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zV-jhWpr4
11 Jan 12 Maiden of the RAPTOR.wmv (4 min 58 sec)

Oh man think I commented on that. you just make it look way too easy. and that we love you for the work you show

so sweet how she floated, and as said before the facial shot of you and the plane. PErfection
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,917 Posts
Mac, get that brick OUT NOW and clean that stuff off. Look closely at the IC's and the spaces between the IC's pins

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,781 Posts
MaladroitFL
T-28's Rule!

Originally Posted by crashdumby
@

Looks great, Crash!
Gonna video the maiden?
@ Mac
yes gonna video the first go but snowing now 25+mph winds now
Need to move down in your neck of the woods
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Hey Ridge speaking of video did you see the Raptor fly on page 507 ? great build and easy gentle flier. Fish you should build this plane easey to build and from bench to sky 40 bucks
Yes i did see it Thumper.
Commented to the video on youtube...i'm subscribed to your youtube ch, so when ever a new video is uploaded i see it on my youtube home page.
Incase you don't know (which you probably do) you get to the youtube home page by being signed into your account and then clicking the youtube icon at the top left of the screen.

The Raptor looked good when you built it and it looked good while flying.
It pulls a tight loop and fly's good at low speeds.
Would have like to hear how it sounded on a high speed pass close by you,but don't fly to close and fly into your self.

The landing was real smooth,i bet you could land that in a hulla hoop.

Keep building,build as many as you can...no...really,because one day you may get burnt out on building.
This way if you build a bunch and you get tired on building you'll have enough planes to keep you happy and flying.

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jan 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Dam Mac.

sorry to hear that. about the glue. do you think using a chaulk be better no wetness, just good ole wood glue? as we know hobby stuff.

Big jim.. My eyes are weak to see that dam lettering of the DX6I even raising the contrast, . maybe a lcd mod is needed Lol.

I am figuring ou t the name but for me its a lil complicated at teh start. but hey. slowely I will get it.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,872 Posts
Throwing in my nickles worth...lol

Hot Glue.
That's the best stuff for attaching the brick to the foam.
Heres why it's so good....the glue can easily be removed with 90% rubbing alcohol.
And the rubbing alcohol will not damage the electronics one bit.
As a matter of fact rubbing alcohol can be used to clean the track on the pcb that the servo slides in.

All you have to do is dip a Q-Tip in the rubbing alcohol and wet the hot glue,get it good where the glue meets the surface it's glued to...between the glue and the brick.
Apply a couple wet coats,let it sit a min or two and then use your finger nail or a piece of plastic and pick away the glue.
It comes off very easy and clean.

I really should make a video demonstration...lol...it really works well.

Ridgewalker